• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It's not OMGOMGOMGOMG, but it's DEFINITELY an awesome experience. Just like the original Bioshock was. I've played maybe 90mins/2h, going slowly, and it's been pretty awesome so far. The design is excellent.
I'll probably pick it up when it's on sale, I was worried because the last video I saw of it was really chopping looking, but that was way back and I haven't followed it's development.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I dunno, Smiley. The novelty of the setting wore off pretty quickly for me.

If you liked Bioshock 1, and you like moving from combat arena to combat area, and you wanted the combat to be more casual, BI is for you.

Yeah, it might wear off for me once I progress further, I'm not saying it won't. So far it's been fun. Not "revolutionary", but fun, and I'm NOT going into games too hyped anymore, since those hypes never live up anyway. It's definitely lived up to what I hoped to get out of it, and that's all i was asking for.

Smiley90

dayum.

Mr.T.ScoresFromCentreIce.gif

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
It's not OMGOMGOMGOMG, but it's DEFINITELY an awesome experience. Just like the original Bioshock was. I've played maybe 90mins/2h, going slowly, and it's been pretty awesome so far. The design is excellent.

That's how I feel so far. Digging it, but I also love the previous Bioshocks.

Smiley90

You know what series was awesome? TimeSplitters. Had so much fun playing it, the story was amazingly hilarious.

I really really hope TimeSplitters 4 by CryTek will not be as bland as Crysis, but can keep the spirit.

I haven't enjoyed a FPS since UT2004. I miss the era of the twitch based arena shooter.
UT2004 man... what I would give to play that shit online again. Are there still servers up? GAF game night

Timesplitters 2 split screen was the shit last gen.

Fuck yes it was.

<3. One of my favorite games ever. The amount of unlockables was mindblowing. God damn that Handyman challenge

FPS' on a console. That's like wiping your ass with your feet.

So wrong. Halo CE > Counterstrike 1.6/Source, coming from a dude who played a lot of CS

Smiley90

If we're talking Console FPS/Split Screen games, nothing beats GoldenEye. Halo/Timesplitters comes close, but nothing beats it. You all know it's true.

If we're talking Console FPS/Split Screen games, nothing beats GoldenEye. Halo/Timesplitters comes close, but nothing beats it. You all know it's true.

Perfect Dark bro.... it was Goldeneye with better guns with secondary functions, reload animations (!!!!!!!!!!!!), more characters, and challenges

What I wouldn't give to play AS-Convoy again. The greatest mode and greatest map ever.

If you find out that there are servers still up I am totally down to install that shit and play for a bit. I gotta go back to the suburbs to get my install disk but I'm so game

RC

Banned
Perfect Dark bro.... it was Goldeneye with better guns with secondary functions, reload animations (!!!!!!!!!!!!), more characters, and challenges

If you find out that there are servers still up I am totally down to install that shit and play for a bit. I gotta go back to the suburbs to get my install disk but I'm so game

Servers are still up. But good luck finding anyone playing anything other then DM-Rankin, ONS-Torlan or CTF-Faceclassic.
Had a round of Torlan last night actually.

Dayum. Well when I go back I will get my disk and install that shit. Add me on steam: apocalidiot (is that what people do or are we still using Xfire)

Let's all pitch in for a server for a month. We used to do that for our clan back at the Gameinformer forums for counterstrike and some other games (we had the best Goldeneye Source server) and it was fucking gnarly when it lasted

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
UT2004 and this were my most played FPS shooters way back

iqdTB10.jpg

I'm getting all nostalgic here now

I had a conversation about SWAT 3 with a dude the other day... it was incredible. I was a leader of a clan and I was 9. The internet is a weird, scary place

AqU5HiX.jpg

f2ERzjA.jpg

god damn

The remake on 360 is really awesome.

It is. It's literally perfect (pun not really intended). I tried logging on their online servers the other month and I believe they're down for good. I was so fucking pissed.

If it's still possible to do co-op or mainly multiplayer, I am so down to get a game going

Yeah I gotta wake up early. Fuck yall. I feel bad because I've been missing out on quality late night gaf for a while now.

If someone wants to set up some UT2k4, Perfect Dark or other meet ups in the next weeks or so please do that shit. I will be there

Marvie_3

Banned
It is. It's literally perfect (pun not really intended). I tried logging on their online servers the other month and I believe they're down for good. I was so fucking pissed.

If it's still possible to do co-op or mainly multiplayer, I am so down to get a game going

My friend and I were just playing coop recently so I'm pretty sure it's still possible.

RC

Banned
Yeah I gotta wake up early. Fuck yall. I feel bad because I've been missing out on quality late night gaf for a while now.

If someone wants to set up some UT2k4, Perfect Dark or other meet ups in the next weeks or so please do that shit. I will be there

I'm definitely down for some UT. Although I'd doubt we'd get enough people to play Assault.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I come back in this thread in the mornings and I see this non NHL talk and check if I hit the right thread.

Then I see Marvie shitting on tabris and I know I'm home.

Alucard

Banned
You guys have to check out TSN's highlights of the Jackets/Canucks game. Watch them on the right side of the screen here: http://www.tsn.ca/

So good. Love them echoing "BOBROVSKY!" every time they call his name. Good stuff.

Montresor

Re: bonesmcoy calling the Bioshock combat casual. Perhaps they've made the baseline game easier, but there's a brutal 1999 mode isn't there? I'm sure those looking for a challenge will be able to find it.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
After hours is over, time for hockey!

Just as a reminder to everyone in NHL-GAF. If the Leafs do make the playoffs (and don't bottom out in spectacular fashion) I ask that you remember each of us in Leafs-GAF who have been here for the playoff drought when the likely Leafs Nation bandwagoners show up.

Remember me.

Top Bottom