• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Slurmer

Banned
After hours is over, time for hockey!

Just as a reminder to everyone in NHL-GAF. If the Leafs do make the playoffs (and don't bottom out in spectacular fashion) I ask that you remember each of us in Leafs-GAF who have been here for the playoff drought when the likely Leafs Nation bandwagoners show up.

Remember me.

I make it a point to forget all leafs fans i come across.

Just as a reminder to everyone in NHL-GAF. If the Leafs do make the playoffs (and don't bottom out in spectacular fashion) I ask that you remember each of us in Leafs-GAF who have been here for the playoff drought when the likely Leafs Nation bandwagoners show up.

Remember me.

I'm jumping on Leafs-Gaf for the playoffs this year. They seem like the only team capable of matching my yearly level of playoff disappointment.

Curufinwe

The Flyers are now in 3rd place with a good chance of catching Colorado. Florida seem to be out of reach, and deservedly so given their ridiculous amount of injuries.

Hopefully this draft works out better than the last time they had one of the top picks.

withjvr.jpg

Montresor

“If you watch the replay, their guy falls on Fleury and it’s pretty much self-explanatory,” Gionta said.

Fuck you, Gionta.

[ig]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-INRw8FW7Dlw/UVJ4XpHbINI/AAAAAAACJQc/-IpvoMhcE-U/s508/gionta.gif[/img]

It just looks like an awkward play. Gionta barely touched the Penguins player. I do not see any malicious intent on Gionta's part. I don't even see any unintentional negligence.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Wasn't around last night, so I'll throw this up now:

T7smA.gif

Between awesome Isles win and even more awesome penultimate Justified, Tuesday was a good day.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
That is some interesting possible NE division playoff scenarios if things stay about the same til the end of the season....

Forget that.

There are some very interesting Canadian matchups if things stay as they are. 2 first round all Canadian matchups?

CBC is drooling right now.

Timesplitters 2 split screen was the shit last gen.

Conflict Desert Storm 1 and/or 2. Easily some of the best 4 player split-screen co-op of last gen (Timesplitters was amazing but only 2 people for campaign).

I remember having a blast with Desert Storm with 3 other people in the same room, that game had some amazing moments.

Also I'm still not used to this Hawaiian time zone.

Giggzy

I hope the ducks come out hot tonight. I'm tired of going down before playing. Please move your feet in the neutral and stop doing horrible dump ins.

Remember me.

I think I've watched 99% of the games since the last time we made the playoffs. I deserve this.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers blogs/boards are really high on last night's win. Whole lotta people putting the cart before the horse. A couple of things.

1) We put up 5 and dominated the Flyers. Super. But we always beat the Flyers, and they're particularly terrible this year. It's a great result, but it's a result we SHOULD be getting. Granted, we've had plenty of games this year where we did not get the result we "should" have gotten, so that is worth being excited about.

2) The road ahead is absolutely brutal. Here's what's coming up:

@ the Sens, a playoff team who will be looking to complete the season sweep against us
@ the Habs, a playoff team who will be looking to complete the season sweep against us in a building that we haven't won in in years
Home against the SE division leading Jets, a playoff team who will be looking to complete the season sweep against us
Home and home against the red hot #1 in the East Pens, a playoff team who will be looking to complete the season sweep against us

That's the next 5 games for us. Notice a pattern?

If we can get through this next week+, the home stretch of the season should be a breeze by comparison.

Hitch, Army and Team Leadership held a meeting for over an hour before talking to the media last night. Steen and Backes refused to comment on what was said, but Hitch said a lot about the team not "buying in" to the system with comparisons to Chicago and Pitt's successes this year.

Army's a very conservative/stingy GM, so I don't really know where this will lead before the trade deadline. If they break up the core a little, I'm honestly not sure how much I'd care. When your two rookie wingers look miles above the core in the effort and heart departments, it's hard to defend the core that much.

Allen needs to start against LA. He won't, but last night was not on him. Halak gets very lucky some nights honestly. His rebound control is just fucking terrible.

Solo

Ashley Benson. She's in that Spring Breakers movie.

WHAT SORCERY IS THIS!? Ducks-Age growing by the numbers!

Didn't you get the memo? For every new member, one must be sacrificed. I'm currently eating Dastardly's liver with a nice chianti.

Top Bottom