• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Giggzy

Posted this before, but:

NUMBA OOOONE... Sadly.

o-COFFEE-INFOGRAPHIC-WHO-DRINKS-MOST-COFFEE-570.jpg

Definitely #1. I'm a tech at a silicone wafer fab and the coffee makers are constantly being used. I'll make a brew and leave for 5 minutes and it's gone when I come back.

I personally drink 3 cups a day.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Habs commentator thinks Gally might be scratched tonight, I'd be ok with that. He hasn't done much lately, and Bruins are pretty rough for him.

Spl1nter

Habs commentator thinks Gally might be scratched tonight, I'd be ok with that. He hasn't done much lately, and Bruins are pretty rough for him.

Wouldnt be suprised if he is worn down and needs some rest time as well. Tough to play such a tight schedule against much stronger competition. He has looked great for you guys.

Red_Man

Wouldnt be suprised if he is worn down and needs some rest time as well. Tough to play such a tight schedule against much stronger competition. He has looked great for you guys.
Yea pretty much, he's slowed down it won't hurt to let him rest a bit.

No, not gally!

(Dunno which, but I have both on fantasy)
Alex, but it's not confirmed, it's a game time decision.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
now c'mon. people like me who work in broadcasting have to be consuming enough coffee to be on that list.

And non coffee drinkers are missing out. Its delicious.

CCF23

You need another giant worthless plug to go along with Kassian?

Shut up. Kassian's still a baby plug. He could be anything. He could even be Ryane Clowe!

I will rage uncontrollably if Gillis gives up a first AND a prospect for someone with fewer goals than Scott Gomez. Don't think he will, though.

Cake Boss

Banned
Rangers are reportedly signing Conor Allen of UMass and assigning him to the Whale.

That puts us at 50 contracts.

College signings dont count until next season.

edit

Greg Thomson ‏@GregThomsonNHL 2m
Bruins are reportedly close to acquiring Ryan Whitney from the Oilers.

Jimmy Murphy ‏@MurphysLaw74 6m
Keep hearing Oilers D Ryan Whitney possibly being traded to Boston but nothing confirmed.

Marvie_3

Banned
Shut up. Kassian's still a baby plug. He could be anything. He could even be Ryane Clowe!

I will rage uncontrollably if Gillis gives up a first AND a prospect for someone with fewer goals than Scott Gomez. Don't think he will, though.

Just because he has the same amount of hair and teeth as a baby doesn't make him one.

Cactus

Banned
I hope the Whitney stuff is true. He's a good PP player, but he's made of glass and one of the worst 5v5 defenders in the entire league.

Cake Boss

Banned
Joe Haggerty ‏@HackswithHaggs 3m
According to source w/knowledge of talks, call was made between BOS/PHI abt Briere. Caron & a pick mentioned, but was scuttled by concussion

Have you ever gone for 3 or 4 days w/o caffeine? Because it's likely you feel that way due to caffeine withdrawls. I used to be the same way and stopped drinking soda in favor of caffeinated water which I slowly just turned into regular water. I don't have the same energy issues anymore.

I know that's at least partly responsible, but I like coffee and it's not like smoking. I don't mind.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Have you ever gone for 3 or 4 days w/o caffeine? Because it's likely you feel that way due to caffeine withdrawls. I used to be the same way and stopped drinking soda in favor of caffeinated water which I slowly just turned into regular water. I don't have the same energy issues anymore.

I refuse to accept that it's possible to stare into a light microscope for 6h a day without coffee or getting tired. It's simply not possible, my eyes would physically give up.

ShaneB

I should start playing BF3 but I'm working my way through Crysis right now. One FPS at a time.

I do dislike how I need to have Battlelog and Origin open to play BF3.

Is Infinite scary at all? I found Bioshock 1 a bit creepy.

Little late in replying, but there are ways around BF3 to not need origin.

And Bioshock 1 was creepy, every time a big Daddy showed up or some crazy splicer, I got pretty tense. lol

Canucks don't need Clowe. More battered underachieving forwards? No thanks.

I hope the Whitney stuff is true. He's a good PP player, but he's made of glass and one of the worst 5v5 defenders in the entire league.

Kaberle 2.0? He did win a Cup with the Bruins though.

I refuse to accept that it's possible to stare into a light microscope for 6h a day without coffee or getting tired. It's simply not possible, my eyes would physically give up.

Those things are impossible to use for more than an hour at a time unless you have one of those fancy monitor output things. Your eyes will literally shoot out of your body and run away. Literally.

Acid08

Banned
I think Clowe is also playing with an injury (why he hasn't scored).

That's an awfully expensive price for damaged goods.
Injury sure but he has just been making bad decisions with the puck all year.

I don't think Van takes that deal but another desperate team closer to the deadline might.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
LeBrun mentioned Montreal as well as Vancouver, talking about Clowe. We need a defenceman, or a consistent goal scorer, not another forward who has trouble scoring.

Red_Man

LeBrun mentioned Montreal as well as Vancouver, talking about Clowe. We need a defenceman, or a consistent goal scorer, not another forward who has trouble scoring.
Bergevin won't give up a 1st or prospect for Clowe, let alone both, I'm not worried about it. Philly possible getting Druin makes me want to cry in a corner.

Red_Man

Talks are taking place with Kristo already, his season will be done by April 13th at the latest, I'd love to see Bergevin call him up for a couple if Bourque is still out and stick him on Eller's wing.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Those things are impossible to use for more than an hour at a time unless you have one of those fancy monitor output things. Your eyes will literally shoot out of your body and run away. Literally.

Trust me, I know. We're now spending more time trying to come up with a different experiment design that won't involve as much microscope time than actually DOING experiments. That's how bad it got. And no, we don't use the monitor output thing for it. And I wasn't kidding when I said 6h. We try and rotate, but it's still 4h at least.

Coffee is the only thing keeping me alive and prevents my eyes from exploding on a daily basis.

Curufinwe

But if he isn't healthy by the deadline, I don't see anyone taking him injured.

Mez is gone again.

Jones/Drouin. It is happening.

I feel bad for Mezaros. I hope he can come back healthy next year but I can't see him getting another contract here.

MacKinnon or Drouin would be a tough choice at #2.

Red_Man

I feel bad for Mezaros. I hope he can come back healthy next year but I can't see him getting another contract here.

MacKinnon or Drouin would be a tough choice at #2.
You already have Giroux and Couturier, grab Druin and watch him and Giroux wreck the league for years.

Top Bottom