• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
WHAT ARE WE YELLING ABOUT!?

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 8m
Announcement in Calgary coming in minutes.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2m
Now hearing Jarome Iginla has been traded to the Pittsburgh Penguins. Done deal.

SOMEBODY TELL US WHAT'S HAPPENING

Aaron Ward is going to have a frickin' omelet over his face now

Strombone ‏@strombone1 32s

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Biggest troll job of all time!

rofl

Smiley90

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 20s
Unreal day. Offers from 3 teams, obviously Boston was in to the bitter end, but the Penguins close and acquire Jarome Iginla.

so Dreger and MacKenzie confirmed Pens now.

Kenneth Agostino and Ben Hanowski, plus a first-rounder in 2013

I'm not sure that's any better than the Boston offer.

Strombone ‏@strombone1 1m
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Biggest troll job of all time!

:lol

EDIT: Beaten.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I don't know what's worse, Iggy being a Pen or a Bruin. Probably a Bruin. I really hope this means Boston gives up a 1st for Clowe now.

calder

Other than the conditionality of the first rounder, I slightly prefer the Boston take. But if there was actually a risk Iggy wouldn't sign with Boston then Pens deal does sound a bit better.

There is usually no real difference between picks in the late first round. 25th or 29th is a wash IMO.

MacAttack

I don't know what's worse, Iggy being a Pen or a Bruin. Probably a Bruin. I really hope this means Boston gives up a 1st for Clowe now.
Iggy going to Pittsburgh is the worst possible outcome, think of how many Alucard photoshops we'll have to put up with on the Pens inevitable march to the Cup.

Great game in Boston tonight. Fuck all this noise.

And fuck no to Ryan Clowe.

RC

Banned
MUqZhMH.jpg

Smiley90

Feaster said "the player" picked Pittsburgh.

Iggy wants to Crosby.

To be fair, that was the biggest rumour about a week ago, too. What with the Olympics and all. Not surprising, but... the offer is really weak otherwise. You'd think they wanted to start a rebuild with an Iginla trade, this is just nothing. Should've traded him WAY earlier.

CCF23

Yea, even worse, LOL Feaster, what a clown.

Also Aaron Ward looks like a dip shit now.

Feels like Calgary wanted to do the Boston deal, Iginla said "is Pittsburgh offering something comparable?", Feaster said "yes", and Iginla said "do that deal."

That's what it feels like with this clusterfuck anyway.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Iggy going to Pittsburgh is the worst possible outcome, think of how many Alucard photoshops we'll have to put up with on the Pens inevitable march to the Cup.

That's true, but Boston is slightly higher on my most hated teams list. Amazing game tonight, Iggy choosing Pittsburgh over Boston is hilarious and terrifying.

calder

Feaster said "the player" picked Pittsburgh.

Iggy wants to Crosby.

Makes a lot of sense and I was thinking that might be the case. Still, I bet the Flames would have preferred the bruins offer, and I think they wouldn't have traded if they weren't pretty sure he'd resign anyway so the conditional pick wouldn't have made much difference.

Acid08

Banned

Whether you want him or not Boston is in the running with Montreal for Clowe.

CCF23

Forgive me if it's wrong, but something like:

Kunitz - Crosby - Iginla
Dupuis - Malkin - Neal
Morrow - Sutter - Kennedy

JESUS TAP DANCING CHRIST

calder

Honestly, I'm looking at that lineup and I'm not sure how the Jets are going to be able to beat the Pens in the second round or Eastern Conf finals now. :/ Tall order.

Oh fuck wait we're in Pittsburg tomorrow!? Shiiiiiiiiit, Noel better dress Montoya and give Pavs the night off.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I just hope the Devils keep losing with their injuries so that we can climb up to 7th and avoid Pittsburgh in the first round. Let the Devs or the Isles or whoever take care of that shit. :D

Top Bottom