• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
baertschi-hug.gif

I'M GETTING TRADED!

Iginla's a really solid pickup obviously, so I'm not condemning the Penguins for this trade at all (the Morrow one, perhaps)...

But did they think offense was the reason why they got knocked out of the playoffs last year?

Is Douglas Murray the answer?

Smash88

Banned
Bandwagon!

Should cheer for your hometown team :|

Back on the bandwagon?

Bandwagoning since 2004. Damn it's been almost 10 years, since I moved on.

Leafs are okay, but I'll never be able to cheer for a team that treated fans like shit for so many years. Hell even now the team they have is a patch work.

Even if the Leafs make the playoffs this season, I won't count it. I need a full season to see if the Leafs actually legitimately made it to the playoffs.

Alucard

Banned
Hey guys, good morOHMYGOD!!!

4Fu4D.gif

tumblr_m99oeqYYaW1qmf3xn.gif

inyQqlDUbiWQe.gif

HOLY FUCK! ARE YOU SERIOUS, SHERO?

Pens_Money.gif

I...I'm speechless. And I don't even mind losing the prospects that the Pens did. Just have to load up on draft picks again from 2014 and onwards.

This is just all kinds of potentially awesome, and also pretty risky. The Pens are red hot. Their lines are pretty much all clicking well. And then Shero drops 3 bombs in less than a week. HO. LY. SHIT.

cage_bliss.gif

Let's fucking do this, Pens. Ride this shit all the fucking way. WOOOOOO!

lookit happy alucard
lookit 'im

glorious :~)

Jerome Iginla was already pretty cool in my books, and then he trolled the entire Bruins fanbase, now he's just fantastic.

CrankyJay

Banned
I feel bad for anyone drafted by the Peguins because if things keep going well for them they just get shipped out to loser teams for blue chip players.

What the hell happened with that trade? I figured I'd've at least heard the prospects' names involved in an Iginla trade.

This had better blow up in their face. A Pens cup would be the only thing that could make this season worse.

Hilti92

Jay Feaster should be fired. He really screwed Calgary there. At best, Agostino will turn out but if he does he is more likely to be a 2nd liner. A lot of Flames fans will wake up today with Feaster hate.

Solo

Iginla went to Pitts instead of Boston?

YES YES YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSS

Don't get me wrong, the Pens now have the most top end talent in the league, but they scare me *much* less than Boston. Why? Simply put, Pens are soft and the Bruins aren't, and being soft always catches up with you in the playoffs.

Waking up to Iginla being traded to Pittsburgh is definitely the last thing I thought I'd be doing today.

Shero performing some serious magic this year, consider me hype

Alucard

Banned
Iginla went to Pitts instead of Boston?

YES YES YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSS

Don't get me wrong, the Pens now have the most top end talent in the league, but they scare me *much* less than Boston. Why? Simply put, Pens are soft and the Bruins aren't, and being soft always catches up with you in the playoffs.

Pens play a crash-and-bang style. I don't think they're soft at all. They're fast, hard-checking, and an offensive powerhouse. Think of the Bruins as Gutsman and the Penguins as Megaman. It'll be okay, Solo. The Habs have at least 6-7 years to win a Cup with this group of guys.

original.gif

Go Pens.

Iginla likely making debut on Saturday against the Islanders.

Solo

The way I see the East right now is a 4 tier system.

Tier 1: Boston, Pittsburgh
Tier 2: Montreal
Tier 3: Ottawa, Toronto, New Jersey, Winnipeg
Tier 4: everyone else

I think the East's representative in the SC comes from Tier 1 or (hopefully) Tier 2. Ottawa would slide into Tier 2 if they were healthy.

Alucard

Banned

I think the East's representative in the SC comes from Tier 1 or (hopefully) Tier 2. Ottawa would slide into Tier 2 if they were healthy.

I hope you're right. Really, with three major pieces being added to the Pens in less than a week, there's going to be some adjustment happening, especially with the rotating injuries the Pens have going on to their biggest stars.

Fantasy lineup predictions:

Kunitz - Crosby - Dupuis
Neal - Malkin - Iginla
Cooke - Sutter - Morrow
Kennedy - Adams - Vitale/Jeffrey/Bennett/plug

Think it's kind of a waste to have Bennett playing on the fourth line, but we'll see how it goes. Pens are stacked up front. Defense looks good too.

Letang - Martin
Niskanen - Orpik
Engelland - Eaton/Murray

Alucard

Banned

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus H Christ

So, a team that was picked #1 by many and has the best odds to win the Cup by analysts during the pre season in this shortened season just got Morrow and Iginla.

Man, part of me wants to see a 1st round upset just to see the salty Pens tears.

Knowing our luck though, they'll face the Leafs in the 1st round and sweep us.

Iginla for a 1st 2013, a college player picked in the 3rd round, and another college player picked in the 5th round?

Looks like the Pens win.

But Iginla could go back to Calgary afterwards, right?

Would that mean the Flames win?

Alucard

Banned
Jesus H Christ

So, a team that was picked #1 by many and has the best odds to win the Cup by analysts during the pre season in this shortened season just got Morrow and Iginla.

Man, part of me wants to see a 1st round upset just to see the salty Pens tears.

Knowing our luck though, they'll face the Leafs in the 1st round and sweep us.

Iginla for a 1st 2013, a college player picked in the 3rd round, and another college player picked in the 5th round?

Looks like the Pens win.

But Iginla could go back to Calgary afterwards, right?

Would that mean the Flames win?

I'd be okay with that. Get your Cup and retire with the team you started with. Wonder how that would affect the locker room in Calgary. Actually, I don't. GO PENS WOOOO.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

I'm okay with this.

Quick

Banned
After so many years am just excited at the prospect of seeing Jarome play with some real world talent on what seems like a pretty classy team. I think it's nuts to hope he comes back to Calgary. Guy has some room to breathe now, kinda determine his own fate, and he's been toiling too long for the Flames. But who knows I guess.

Less pressure for him now that he's not the leader of the franchise anymore.

Razorskin

----- ------
I feel bad for Fleester, that no trade clause must've fucked him over to take an offer like that. Should've got Pouliot and Harrington not these goofs.

Top Bottom