• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

sammich

I still think if the Leafs faced the Pens they could give them a hell of a series...they won't win but they'll play hard and force the series to 7.

Well i think that all depends on Fleury. I dont want the leafs to face Pitts or boston. Give me Winnipeg or ottawa or whoever the fuck else. Stay away from 7/8 and i think they have the best shot of making the 2nd round.

I might be wrong but I think Hossa is the only trade deadline acquisition that actually made a real difference in recent memory.

Hockey's not played on paper.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Well i think that all depends on Fleury. I dont want the leafs to face Pitts or boston. Give me Winnipeg or ottawa or whoever the fuck else. Stay away from 7/8 and i think they have the best shot of making the 2nd round.

Boston would most likely destroy us.

Pittsburgh and Montreal I think we could take to 7 games but we'd still lose.

Ottawa if they get back a lot of their guys I'd expect to beat us in 5 or 6 somewhat easily unless their playoff curse against us sets in again.

Winnipeg I think we could beat as they would be just as inexperienced as we are with the playoffs (as a team).

Alucard

Banned
I wasn't super psyched the first month or so of the season due to the lockout souring it for me. Time heals all wounds, man.

Can't wait to see what the Pens look like when everyone's healthy. (Says every Pens fan for the past 3-4 years)

sammich

Boston would most likely destroy us.

Pittsburgh and Montreal I think we could take to 7 games but we'd still lose.

Ottawa if they get back a lot of their guys I'd expect to beat us in 5 or 6 somewhat easily unless their playoff curse against us sets in again.

Winnipeg I think we could beat as they would be just as inexperienced as we are with the playoffs (as a team).

I dunno if Boston would destroy us. I think they would beat us but not easily. I think Pitts would be a lot tougher than them. Both these depend on Reimer standing on his head though.

Ott, MTL, id give it 50/50 honestly.

Winnipeg id give it more like 70%

But then again, playoffs are a whole different animal.

calder

The Leafs are the only team I can imagine the Jets beating to be honest. Every other potential playoff team matches up poorly over a 7 game series for us... mainly due to the Jets being an occasionally good, sometimes terrible but fragile and kinda flawed team. Again, god bless the SE.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
The Leafs are the only team I can imagine the Jets beating to be honest. Every other potential playoff team matches up poorly over a 7 game series for us... mainly due to the Jets being an occasionally good, sometimes terrible but fragile and kinda flawed team. Again, god bless the SE.

It's obvious that we must keep our positioning.

But I'm sure you're in the same boat as me: "I just want to make the playoffs!"

GRIP

They are still 3 guys looking to play important minutes in the top 6 and the top 4.

Marrow isn't going to be in the top six. I doubt Bylsma is going to mess with the top line seeing how well they are playing. In which case that puts puts Iginla on the second line with Malkin and Neal, and Marrow back on the third line with Sutter and Cooke.

They are still 3 guys looking to play important minutes in the top 6 and the top 4.

They're still not the main stars which is different then the lakers. Their core guys are old, their version of malkin, crosby, neal, etc. And just because other players are pylons doesn't mean much.

Morrow isn't top 6 at all and the other is a D man...

Hahaha, I think every Leafs fan is looking at the jets thinking the same thing. I hope it does go that way. Would probably be the last Jets/Leafs playoff meeting in...ever?

calder

It's obvious that we must keep our positioning.

But I'm sure you're in the same boat as me: "I just want to make the playoffs!"

We were talking about this at work last week - we don't even care about what happens beyond making the playoffs, we will be fucking thrilled just to be there. The Jets *struggled* to make the playoffs at all in the '90s, so I personally wouldn't be terribly upset if we got pumped 4-1 in the first round by some much better #6 seed. ;)

This feels like Lance Berkman signing for the Yankees.

Feaster's certainly doing a poor job as GM, but not because of this trade. He should have made this deal 1-2 years ago, and swapped Iginla for a top-10 pick and prospects. You have to think that he would have if he'd been given ownership's blessing (then again, it's Feaster).

Cactus

Banned
Leafs need to acquire a quality defenceman. That would make the team so much better since Phaneuf would finally have a stable partner, pushing Gunnar down to create a great second pairing with Franson or Gardiner.

Nonis should be spamming Feaster with calls about Bouwmeester. Burns would be a great addition as well, but I'm not sure if he's available.

3N16MA

Banned
This feels like Lance Berkman signing for the Yankees.

Feaster's certainly doing a poor job as GM, but not because of this trade. He should have made this deal 1-2 years ago, and swapped Iginla for a top-10 pick and prospects. You have to think that he would have if he'd been given ownership's blessing (then again, it's Feaster).

Lets hope it turns out better than that. Berkman never really felt right on the team. He never seemed to fit in with NY. On the other hand he signs with the Cards and seems to really fit in well there. Midwest city seems to do well for him.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Leafs need to acquire a quality defenceman. That would make the team so much better since Phaneuf would finally have a stable partner, pushing Gunnar down to create a great second pairing with Franson or Gardiner.

Nonis should be spamming Feaster with calls about Bouwmeester. Burns would be a great addition as well, but I'm not sure if he's available.

you said quality, no?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

That should be one of the main priorities for the offseason, getting an actual NHL quality top 4 defenseman to go alongside Dion.

He is definitely doing way too much during the game since he knows he has to protect one of the scrubs.

calder

I like this presser, Iggy isn't doing the Messier-fake-bawling thing and he's being gracious and honest about the process and his feelings about the team etc. Actually thoughtful answers instead of the easy way spouting cliches about loving the fans and so on.

Other than I guess Teemu, he's about the best guy in the league no doubt.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It must be great to be a bandwagon fan of the most stacked team in the NHL, hopping on and off whenever they go on a 13 game winning streak.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers going with the same lines tonight.

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Gaborik-Miller-Callahan
Kreider-Richards-Boyle
Pyatt-Newbury-Asham

Lundqvist in net.

zedge

I like this presser, Iggy isn't doing the Messier-fake-bawling thing and he's being gracious and honest about the process and his feelings about the team etc. Actually thoughtful answers instead of the easy way spouting cliches about loving the fans and so on.

Other than I guess Teemu, he's about the best guy in the league no doubt.
Indeed. Kinda glad its not all teary eyed.

Cactus

Banned
you said quality, no?
I'd take him if he comes cheap. Overpaid, but he would probably play better if he was the #2 guy rather than the #1 guy.

That should be one of the main priorities for the offseason, getting an actual NHL quality top 4 defenseman to go alongside Dion.

He is definitely doing way too much during the game since he knows he has to protect one of the scrubs.
Yeah, definitely. It's too bad Gunnarsson is playing injured. He played very well with Dion last season. Either way, bumping him down to the second pair in favour of a quality NHLer rather than Kostka/Holzer makes this team a lot better.

calder

It must be great to be a bandwagon fan of the most stacked team in the NHL, hopping on and off whenever they go on a 13 game winning streak.

Don't worry, that streak ends TONIGHT.
uh probably not shit

Actually thrilled Montoya is starting and Pavs is getting the night off. Hopefully when Malkin's arms are getting tired from celebrating his standard 6th point versus us Pavs is on the bench getting ready mentally for a super important game against the Canes.

Top Bottom