• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

3N16MA

Banned
It must be great to be a bandwagon fan of the most stacked team in the NHL, hopping on and off whenever they go on a 13 game winning streak.

I have a feeling that people who call out Penguins fans as bandwagon fans started watching hockey in 2002. Did everyone forget they were one of the more exciting teams in the 90's? Won two cups and had two of the biggest stars in the game playing for them? Made the post season 11 of 13 seasons before falling on hard times?

I have a feeling that people who call out Penguins fans as bandwagon fans started watching hockey in 2002. Did everyone forget they were one of the more exciting teams in the 90's? Won two cups and had two of the biggest stars in the game playing for them? Made the post season 11 of 13 seasons before falling on hard times?

I think you're reading too deeply into this.

It's just the salt being passed around.

To be fair, I know a lot of people that flocked to the bandwagon back then as well.

zedge

Absolutely. I'm sure there's a few fans losing it out there. Only time I actually got punched in the feelings a bit is when Peter Maher, long time play by play guy, sorta broke down a bit on the radio a bit earlier. There's a guy who goes back a ways. Good on ya Pete Maher.
<3 Peter.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Last time I remember the Pens being this preordained was 20 years ago...

I liked how that turned out

tumblr_inline_mfzgaovN7V1qcn3a6.gif

Fuck it, I'm cheering for the Pens if(when) the Sharks don't make it out lose in the first round. I want to see Murray lift the Cup. The rest of you are so butthurt toward the Pens :lol this thread would be so fun if they won.

Love it, sharks stars and flames fans uniting under a penguins banner. Fuck this world.

3N16MA

Banned
I suppose now that your team is stacked we'll be seeing a lot more of you...

Grrrreeeeeeaaaat.

*cough*
bandwagon fan.
*cough*

Probably not. I'm pretty sure everyone thought I was a douche the last time I posted in these forums on a semi regular basis. Of course I could start posting again.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Went to bed last night and Iginla was basically a Bruin, wake up this morning and he's a Penguin, feels slightly better man.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
The LEGEND (and waistline) of Jay Feaster continues to grow.
feaster.jpg

Feaster: You got a deal!
Chiarelli: Fantastic.
Feaster: I'll tell Jarome the good news!
Chiarelli: Okay. I'll start the paperwork.

*A few minutes later*

Aaron Ward: I heard you traded Iginla? Where?
Feaster: Can't say. Sorry.
Aaron Ward: I have some 2 can dine for $9.99 McDs coupons...
Feaster: Boston. I traded him to Boston.

*A few hours later*

Feaster: Um... so... about Jarome...
Chiarelli: Yea? We still have a deal right?
Feaster: Yea! Well....er... nowedonthewantstoplaywithSidney
Chiarelli: What? You're just mumbling Jay. What's going on?
Feaster: What? Oh yea. Sorry. I gotta go Peter. Um, make sure to tune into Sportscentre tonight. Okay, coming!
*click*

Wait, who told Boston the deal was finished? It can't have been Feaster, right? Could it have been Iginla's agent up to some sneaky tricksyness?

Top Bottom