• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Alucard

Banned
Well that line isn't producing because of Kunitz or Dupuis. You put anyone with Crosby the way he's playing and they put up the same amount of points as Pascal fucking Dupuis, but I get your point.

I don't buy this...at all. Players need to have chemistry, and already have some ability. Kunitz, Dupuis, and Crosby have been working on it for years. I doubt that if we put Tyler Kennedy on the wing with Crosby that he'd have close to 20 goals right now.

Giggzy

Ducks better show up in the first period tonight. I'm starting to have flashbacks of last seasons mentality. My vision is starting to blur. Is that Bruce or Randy behind the bench?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
LUPULGOAL.gif

The excitement of that kid!

I don't buy this...at all. Players need to have chemistry, and already have some ability. Kunitz, Dupuis, and Crosby have been working on it for years. I doubt that if we put Tyler Kennedy on the wing with Crosby that he'd have close to 20 goals right now.

Nope, and that's why it's funny when people who don't know anything about the penguins say that. We've tried multiple pylons over the years with Crosby like Cooke, Kennedy, etc. and none of them were scoring 20+ goals like "anyone with Crosby" would score. There's definitely more to lines than that.

ZeroGravity

"Marty St. Louis is not going to be traded," Steve Yzerman told ESPN.com Friday. "He remains one of the best players in the league and an extremely important player to our team, both on and off the ice. We are a team in transition, we just made a coaching change, Marty is one of the leaders of the team, he is not going anywhere."
dealwithit.gif

Heretic

Ducks better show up in the first period tonight. I'm starting to have flashbacks of last seasons mentality. My vision is starting to blur. Is that Bruce or Randy behind the bench?

They got a little too confident after beating the best team in the league.

So I heard we sucked last night, oh well 6 out of 8 points on the West Coast trip is pretty nice, of course the schedule was screwed up, go to Cali and play the Ducks twice, then travel to Phoenix the day after and play, then wait two days and go back to California to play the Sharks. Pretty screwed up scheduling if you ask me.

However, hoping to hear that DeKeyser signs with Detroit today, that would make me happy.

Edit:

FUUUUU

Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 1m

Rumor has it, Kim Jong Un wants to meet DeKeyser, sell upside of playing in Pyongyang.

Stupid North Korea taking our players

Alucard

Banned
Good article on the Pens' streak and the danger of becoming too complacent...and trying to stay sharp when they don't really have to for the rest of the season.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/John...ng-an-eye-on-the-prize/150/50386#.UVXOgFfuBEM

Based on Crosby's comments after last night's game, I'm confident that they've learned about complacency and believing their own hype.

P.S. With a win tomorrow, the Pens would go 15-0-0 in the month of March. Ready the "March of the Penguins" articles if they pull out the W.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Mats Zuccarello is confirmed in the lineup against Montreal tomorrow. Couldn't hurt. The last time a Ranger scored against Carey Price in the Bell Centre was Zuccarello on January 15, 2011.

Nevermind, Torts might be high. These are the lines from practice today:

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Kreider-Richards-Zuccarello
Boyle-Miller-Callahan
Pyatt-Newbury-Gaborik

The fuck?

Also, Marty Biron looks like he's starting tomorrow in net.

Based Tallon:
"We’re not going to just clean house. We did that two years ago. We still have really good core assets and just a matter of finding the right pieces.

“We got a lot of calls on some of our top players but I’m not going to just give them away. We’re healthy and we have an opportunity to compete. As we keep adding pieces the next couple of years, we’ll be a solid team. We wouldn’t do anything rash. We’re always looking long-term putting all the assets together. Not giving (Erik) Gudbranson, (Dmitri) Kulikov, (Jakub) Markstrom, (Jonathan) Huberdeau or (Drew) Shore or any of those kids. We’re going to build through the draft.”

Right choice the more I think about it. This year has been a series of unfortunate events between the injuries and lockout. More than a fire sale we need to cut the fat from the line-up and make way for our prospects.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Habs have called up Nathan Beaulieu and have sent Tinordi and Dumont down.
I'm really excited to see him play, especially on the 2nd PP unit. He's been picking up points recently and clogs the most time per night in Hamilton for a D. Therrien compared him to Letang, which is pretty derp, but I'm loving how Therrien and Bergevin are handling all the rookies.

Merguson

Banned
Darren Dreger:
Sources say Vancouver reached out to Toronto this week to revisit Loungo talks.Flames hoping for a better read on Kipper's future this wknd.

I can see it now.

Gillis "Nonis pls tk luongo"

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Canucks need to drop him before the next season starts or they gonna have a rough time

Leafs will take but not at a huge cost... Futures + roster player (not a great one...)

Red_Man

I have no idea what Toronto would give up for him now.

Edit: Prust practiced today too and should probably play tomorrow.

Merguson

Banned
I have no idea what Toronto would give up for him now.

Edit: Prust practiced today too and should probably play tomorrow.

I recall a Damien Cox article from a while ago saying that Nonis was only willing to give up Bozak and a pick for Luongo.

Must have been in January or something.

Red_Man

It can't be much, especially with the cap going down and how well the Leafs have done this season.

Cake Boss

Banned
Terrible fucking list.

Brodin not in the top 10, but Shultz, Hamilton, Rielly and Bartschi are?

And yeah Zibby is fucking awesome, such raw talent and skill, and at that size and speed and only 19.

Morning, guys!

Fleury.jpg

Shit is about to get real.

Can I politely request that throughout the remainder of the seasons Pens related belligerence you at least hold off on acting like Fleury is anything more than a subpar goaltender?

Give it up for the big guns making the wins happen, but seriously, Fleury ain't one of them.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yeah Brodin definitely needs to be up there. If he was on any team with a more vocal fanbase than the Wild here, that's all we'd be hearing about. Imagine Brodin on the Leafs, the name Gardiner wouldn't even come up anymore.

Canucks with nobody in the top50 :lol

Cake Boss

Banned
Flyers with no one in the top 50. Future looks so dim.

Yeah but the Flyers core are all under 25 and are playing in the league, Giroux, Schenn, Voracek, Couturier etc

If the Flyers pick up a Seth Jones this draft, they would look good moving forward, just need a couple of mobile Dman and a goalie with maybe a new coach.

vgamer1

Can I politely request that throughout the remainder of the seasons Pens related belligerence you at least hold off on acting like Fleury is anything more than a subpar goaltender?

Give it up for the big guns making the wins happen, but seriously, Fleury ain't one of them.

Erhm, that's not a picture of Fleury.

Yeah Brodin definitely needs to be up there. If he was on any team with a more vocal fanbase than the Wild here, that's all we'd be hearing about. Imagine Brodin on the Leafs, the name Gardiner wouldn't even come up anymore.

Canucks with nobody in the top50 :lol

Every game I've seen Brodin play he's been really composed and solid defensively. Should be top 10 because he's already loggin big minutes and for his age.

Top Bottom