• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

I don't know what's not to like. There's no "wrong" way to win when you're icing half AHL forwards.

Ehhhhhhhhhhh I don't know about that dude, we obviously have to play a different game with our injuries, but we also aren't playing in any kind of top form. It's nice that we're winning games, but we are also winning them against average, kind-of-shitty teams. I am stoked and happy that we're winning but until we've got to do a lot more to impress me right now.

Acid08

Banned
Clowe hasn't scored but he's really playing like he doesn't want to be traded.

Finally the Pavs right wing shit is over, he really kicks it into gear when he's playing center. Galiardi-Pavs-Clowe looked great tonight.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Ehhhhhhhhhhh I don't know about that dude, we obviously have to play a different game with our injuries, but we also aren't playing in any kind of top form. It's nice that we're winning games, but we are also winning them against average, kind-of-shitty teams. I am stoked and happy that we're winning but until we've got to do a lot more to impress me right now.

We beat LA, too. I'm actually happy we went back to what we're good at. Playing solid defensively, scoring early, then punishing teams.

RC

Banned
We beat LA, too. I'm actually happy we went back to what we're good at. Playing solid defensively, scoring early, then punishing teams.

This is not the type of hockey that'll do us any good in the playoffs. We can't punish teams on the pp, that my friend, was our bread and butter.

CCF23

Tonight was the first real "crappy" game of this streak, and we've beaten some good teams on it too.

St. Louis - Good team. Schneider held us in in the first, we turned it on in the second, buried them with three goals. Kind of sat back after and they got back in it, but even when they did, it took two real lucky goals. One went in off of Schwartz's glove, the other railed Tanev and fell right on Berglund's stick.

Phoenix - Greasy road win. Schneider good, but the team played a good road game.

LA - Good team. Ridiculously good defensive effort and another great Schneider game. Sold out and blocked tons of shots and were super tight. Didn't create anything offensively, but didn't need to with how good we were on the defensive side of the puck.

Colorado - Very good first and second period and looked a bit tired in the 3rd. 5th game in 7 nights, though, and the last game of the road trip, and at altitude. Good effort all things considered.

Columbus - Boring as fuck, but we only gave up 17 shots. Great defensive effort.

Colorado - Easily our "worst" game of this winning streak, but maybe Schneider's best. Sedins came up with the timely goal when we needed it.

All in all I'm happy with the last 6 games, especially with the roster we've been forced to ice for most of it. The major area of concern is still the power play, but other than that, we're definitely playing well. The defensive side of the puck and goaltending especially have both been stellar the last little while.

tl;dr: I can't complain right now. The team is gutting out wins and Schneider is in Vezina form.

What round does Vancouver go out in this year?

I can legitimately see any outcome for the Canucks this year. Wouldn't shock me if they lost in the first round, wouldn't shock me if they made a deep run. All depends on if they can get and stay healthy, and if Schneider can continue to play like he has the last little while.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Obviously the first. So will you guys. Unless you face Toronto.
Nah son, we'll face one of NJ, NY, OTT, TOR. We'll beat all of them, OTT and TOR may take it to 7 though. 2nd round where BOS / PITT / MON meet will be the bloodbath.

Acid08

Banned
Can't do drugs for like a month because of a drug test I have to take for an externship I'll be doing.

This is gonna be a mess. I love drugs.

RC

Banned
Nah son, we'll face one of NJ, NY, OTT, TOR. We'll beat all of them, OTT and TOR may take it to 7 though. 2nd round where BOS / PITT / MON meet will be the bloodbath.

I hate to say it, but I'm inclined to believe you. What I wouldn't give to see a Toronto/Montreal series though. The salt would reach epic proportions.

CCF23

Damn...quit harshing my streak buzz Vancouver and lose already.

We feel the same way. The division lead changes every night!

You've got the Pens and their ridiculous streak, and then the next two are the Wild at 7 in a row and the Canucks at 6.

The NorthWorst has two good teams now!

CCF23

Team USA is gonna be set in net for Sochi. Quick and Schneider. God damn.

They're idiots if they take Miller over either.

Clydefrog

I stopped playing CS:GO to go to the bathroom. I took my headphones off, headed towards the bathroom, and could clearly hear my roommates fucking.

just another Thursday night

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I stopped playing CS:GO to go to the bathroom. I took my headphones off, headed towards the bathroom, and could clearly hear my roommates fucking.

just another Thursday night

Still better than your mom and her bf.

Brinbe

Missed the 3rd period of the Leafs game due to work, so just catching up now. Man, that Lupul goal. Haven't heard the ACC that loud in a while. =)

Red_Man

Maybe not but come on, it's not the most outlandish thing to think he'd be put up there right away.
Why would you put one of the best power forwards of the last 10 years with the best player in the world? Dumb ass.

Maybe not but come on, it's not the most outlandish thing to think he'd be put up there right away.

True but that line has been so hot. Kunitz has been trailing Stamkos to lead the league in goals... I don't know and after Neal working so well with Malkin and them not disturbing that, they definitely have somewhat of a precedent of going by how compatible they are than just straight goal scoring talent.

Why would you put one of the best power forwards of the last 10 years with the best player in the world? Dumb ass.

I'm glad you can't put more thought into hockey lines than that.

God, my fucking week.

I have to move tomorrow.

Go on a date with a girl six years my senior on Saturday.

I have a housewarming on Sunday.

And then I have to write a fucking blog post to land an internship that I want.

So much fuck.

Red_Man

I'm glad you can't put more thought into hockey lines than that.
I was 136% serious.

God, my fucking week.

I have to move tomorrow.

So much fuck.
animation1dfg2zq7g.gif

Clydefrog

God, my fucking week.

I have to move tomorrow.

So much fuck.

at least you don't have to drive a zamboni over your lover

Top Bottom