• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Yeah but the Flyers core are all under 25 and are playing in the league, Giroux, Schenn, Voracek, Couturier etc

If the Flyers pick up a Seth Jones this draft, they would look good moving forward, just need a couple of mobile Dman and a goalie with maybe a new coach.

LOL. Just 3 or 4 defensemen and a goalie is all.

Curufinwe

Start with a couple of defensemen and a new coach, then get a new goalie in summer 2014 if Bryz doesn't come good. And by good I mean .920 save percentage. Otherwise he can be the Flyers second amnesty bryout after Briere goes a few months from now.

Start with a couple of defensemen and a new coach, then get a new goalie in summer 2014 if Bryz doesn't come good. And by good I mean .920 save percentage. Otherwise he can be the Flyers second amnesty bryout after Briere goes a few months from now.

It is absolutely mindblowing to me that Bryz's numbers this year are so much worse then his numbers last year. I really dont see how they can go through another season with him as the starter. The fans will revolt.

Cake Boss

Banned

Need a .920SV% young goalie? I think I have someone in mind, he shutout the Rangers last night.

jbsrrjDdvA4Eaq.jpg

Alucard

Banned
Can I politely request that throughout the remainder of the seasons Pens related belligerence you at least hold off on acting like Fleury is anything more than a subpar goaltender?

Give it up for the big guns making the wins happen, but seriously, Fleury ain't one of them.

That's not Fleury, bra. It's Tomas "the Viking" Vokoun, who just recorded his 50th career shutout last night, becoming only the 26th keeper in NHL history to reach that number.

Or letting a young goalie walk who is putting up impressive numbers this year.

You cant be serious. Flyers gave Bob a ton of chances and he couldnt get it done here for what ever reason. Good for him that he is doing well, but no way could the Flyers have kept him and hoped he would magically turn it around.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You cant be serious. Flyers gave Bob a ton of chances and he couldnt get it done here for what ever reason. Good for him that he is doing well, but no way could the Flyers have kept him and hoped he would magically turn it around.

I agree, Columbus strength at D compared to the Flyers' D has been doing wonders for Bobrovsky's performance.

Curufinwe

Hes an RFA this summer, he will probably get traded then.

We arent letting a guy like Bishop walk away and get nothing back.

Oh, I thought he had one more year left.

Well the Flyers will have a higher second round pick than most teams available to trade, and they do need a real back up.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Darren Dredger said:
Still waiting for official word on Dan DeKeyzer's decision, but teams involved in the process believe Detroit is the destination of choice.
Weird choice.

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 26 s
#NHL teams being told college prospect Dan Dekeyser has decided on the #Wings. #TradeTracker

from @darrendreger
@DarrenDreger: Still waiting for official word on Dan DeKeyzer's decision, but teams involved in the process believe Detroit is the destination of choice.

gOwIx.gif

Weird choice.

Would have been weird if he went to another team. Been a Wings fan his entire life, grew up in Michigan and played at WMU. Has been to the Wings prospect camps (or similar). Friends with Jim Nill and his son, etc....

Edit: Pretty much confirmed now:

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie
Dan DeKeyser has chosen DET.

detroit's pretty loaded with young defense talent now:

smith, dekeyser, kindl, sproul, ouelett

good size, too. hopefully most of them pan out.

Our offense and defense prospect pool is stacked right now for guys coming up to the AHL next year with some being NHL ready even like Tatar, Nyquist, Sheahan, Ferraro, etc....

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
detroit's pretty loaded with young defense talent now:

smith, dekeyser, kindl, sproul, ouelett

good size, too. hopefully most of them pan out.

Yes, the future looks bright on defense. We just need some more forwards with size. We've got a plethora of 175-pound Europeans.

Top Bottom