• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

AFGTEGJFGJFDGFHBFRG

WE FUCKING WON IN OT HOLY SHIT

KUUUUULIKOV HOLY SHIT

HUBY 2 PT NIGHT ROOKIE LEADER IN POINTS
tumblr_lxnlyl7kpu1qfvairo1_r1_500.gif

FUCK YOU DEVILS THAT WAS VEEEENNNGENCE

Erdrick

Dumb fans are dumb fans. That's no reason to hate a team. Especially Vancouver and Winnipeg fans who seemingly hate the Leafs with burning passion even though we play them once in a blue moon. Hate some team in your own division.

I've hated the Leafs since about the time I realized that CBC and later TSN would have a collective circle-jerk over the team every night that the team was even mentioned. Especially during the Leafs/Kings series back in 93. The love-in that the whole network had for Gilmour was just sickening. But then again, that's what the Leafs tend to do. Take players from other teams who were moderately decent before and make them out to be the 2nd coming of Gretzky. Especially that douchebag, Bob Mackenzie, back when he had his afro in the early to mid-90's. Like I've said in a post years ago here, I always remember TSN. I had really good tickets to a Jets/Flyers game and it was near the end of the year, and the Jets were not in any chance of making the playoffs (94) and neither were the Flyers. The game was supposed to be televised but at the last minute, TSN cancelled it, saying that it only wanted to show teams that were in playoff contention.

And yet... The Leafs have been shown on a regular basis. Yes, yes, I know biggest market and all that, but it still pissed me off to no end back then. Not to mention Cherry and his constant talk of Gilmour on national TV. The one episode on CC where he gave him a kiss, yeesh, enough already.

Never mind that many of the Leaf fans I know in real life act like some entitled little jerkwad of whom I have to listen how THIS IS GONNA BE THE YEAR and KESSEL and now it's all about the apparent Hall Of Famer, Kadri...

I realize that this is not every Leaf fan, and actually most of the Leafs fans here at least are very reasonable to deal with, but you can understand some of my venom towards this team, no? I hate whenever they win and without a doubt, they are my most despised sports team, bar none. Doesn't matter when the teams actually play each other or not, and I've had plenty of time to hate on them minus a local team here in Winnipeg for some 15 odd years. It's very cathartic to see games like the last one when the Leafs here here and have the Jets destroy them.

I'd support ANY other team in Canada (And the NHL, actually) over them, in a heartbeat.

Erdrick

Wait what, how do you not realize how annoying the Leafs and their fans are?

Well trust me, a youth spent watching terrible Leafs teams in HNIC be showcased nationally while actually good Canadian teams were ignored would embitter any fanbase. And then TSN comes along and makes it worse ugh.

This man speaks the truth. IT'S NOT 1993. SHUT UP ABOUT DOUGIE AND CLARKIE.

Nods... I'm not alone in this, I see. =)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha * takes breath * hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Alucard

Banned
Nothing wrong with that man. You're being a great dad.

It's a wonderful job. Always something new. Can't wait 'til she can start using actual words.

Really liking how Bylsma is using the goalies this season, and how he's rolling 4 lines. Team is gonna be fresh come playoff time. I really only see two things stopping them from representing the East in the SCF.

1. Fleury/Vokoun meltdown, which doesn't seem likely right now, but you never know.
2. Hot goalie ala Halak.

That's about it. I like their offense, and I like their defense. Goaltending, one way or the other, will tell the story.

Alucard

Banned
Just plain ridiculous hat-trick stat:

The NHL record for fastest natural hat trick is 21 seconds, set by Bill Mosienko in 1952 for the Chicago Black Hawks.

calder

Hall Trick lol.

God I hope this isn't a glimpse of the oilers level of potential in the near future. ;) But the Canucks team D as been astonishing already, just awful.

Not going to lie though, I can imagine the Canucks shaking this shit off in the intermission and the game being tied in the third. Prove me wrong Oilers!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
And speak of the Devil, I see some 20 years later, Cherry is continuing his act from Gilmour to Kadri.

"I told you he was going to be good, I'm always right(as long as you ignore all those times I guaranteed the Leafs would make the playoffs)"

One of the worst games of the season for sure. As soon as I saw Bishop in net, I knew what was gonna happen. Too bad this was probably the only game I go to this season.

Lupul was a beast though...and Reimer barely had to do anything.

Top Bottom