• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
tumblr_lr2ewiFRoc1qgr1pgo1_500.gif

Pakkidis

One of the worst games of the season for sure. As soon as I saw Bishop in net, I knew what was gonna happen. Too bad this was probably the only game I go to this season.

Lupul was a beast though...and Reimer barely had to do anything.

I wouldn't go that far, the pucks were definitely bouncing in his favor though. Lupul/Kadri is a beast of a pair though.

My god Edmonton is crushing it out there. Its like NHL 93 set on easy mode.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Wait what, how do you not realize how annoying the Leafs and their fans are?

Well trust me, a youth spent watching terrible Leafs teams in HNIC be showcased nationally while actually good Canadian teams were ignored would embitter any fanbase. And then TSN comes along and makes it worse ugh.

This man speaks the truth. IT'S NOT 1993. SHUT UP ABOUT DOUGIE AND CLARKIE.

I've hated the Leafs since about the time I realized that CBC and later TSN would have a collective circle-jerk over the team every night that the team was even mentioned. Especially during the Leafs/Kings series back in 93. The love-in that the whole network had for Gilmour was just sickening. But then again, that's what the Leafs tend to do. Take players from other teams who were moderately decent before and make them out to be the 2nd coming of Gretzky. Especially that douchebag, Bob Mackenzie, back when he had his afro in the early to mid-90's. Like I've said in a post years ago here, I always remember TSN. I had really good tickets to a Jets/Flyers game and it was near the end of the year, and the Jets were not in any chance of making the playoffs (94) and neither were the Flyers. The game was supposed to be televised but at the last minute, TSN cancelled it, saying that it only wanted to show teams that were in playoff contention.

And yet... The Leafs have been shown on a regular basis. Yes, yes, I know biggest market and all that, but it still pissed me off to no end back then. Not to mention Cherry and his constant talk of Gilmour on national TV. The one episode on CC where he gave him a kiss, yeesh, enough already.

Never mind that many of the Leaf fans I know in real life act like some entitled little jerkwad of whom I have to listen how THIS IS GONNA BE THE YEAR and KESSEL and now it's all about the apparent Hall Of Famer, Kadri...

I realize that this is not every Leaf fan, and actually most of the Leafs fans here at least are very reasonable to deal with, but you can understand some of my venom towards this team, no? I hate whenever they win and without a doubt, they are my most despised sports team, bar none. Doesn't matter when the teams actually play each other or not, and I've had plenty of time to hate on them minus a local team here in Winnipeg for some 15 odd years. It's very cathartic to see games like the last one when the Leafs here here and have the Jets destroy them.

I'd support ANY other team in Canada (And the NHL, actually) over them, in a heartbeat.

Fraco-SoGood.gif

Really all it boils down to is the Leafs have the biggest market in the biggest sport in Canada. We are going to get the most coverage because we generate the most press. Is it fair? Of course not but deal with it.

Haters gonna hate and so forth.

calder

Truly, the only rational Leaf fan reaction to the hate/disdain their team generates. Own that shit, god knows I would.

Meh, it's been like so long since the Oilers last scored. May switch back to The Hobbit, which I'm liking more than I thought I would so far.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Fraco-SoGood.gif

Really all it boils down to is the Leafs have the biggest market in the biggest sport in Canada. We are going to get the most coverage because we generate the most press. Is it fair? Of course not but deal with it.

Tell your boys to stop crying over people disliking their team.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Truly, the only rational Leaf fan reaction to the hate/disdain their team generates. Own that shit, god knows I would.

Yeah you really don't have a choice.

I've had people want to fight me in Calgary and Montreal just because I was a Leafs fan.

All I did was point out I was one during a Red Wings/Flames game in Calgary. And another time just because I asked if one of the TVs in a restaurant could be put on the Leafs game in Montreal.

Erdrick

Fraco-SoGood.gif

Pretty much, yup. There will be plenty more if the Leafs and the Jets happen to meet each other in the first round of the playoffs, too. Granted, I honestly think the Jets will screw things up and lose the lead of the SE, but if we do happen to hold on, and you guys can keep your spot...

Given the past games in this shortened season, it could be an insanely intense series. Also, since we are moving to the West, it will likely be the last time too. If it happens, it hopefully will be a memorable one.

Erdrick

Yeah you really don't have a choice.

I've had people want to fight me in Calgary and Montreal just because I was a Leafs fan.

All I did was point out I was one during a Red Wings/Flames game in Calgary. And another time just because I asked if one of the TVs in a restaurant could be put on the Leafs game in Montreal.

That's a bit... excessive. When I meet people who are Leafs fans I usually start with "You have my condolences." Or "Oh, I'm so sorry." lol But I usually just joke around and whatever with them. Nothing serious. The ones that go to Jets games though when the Leafs are in town, they are another story. It's like they leave their brain at home and just have some type of rabies or something because I've never had such obnoxious people near me in games, ever. That NYE game against them in 2011 was really bad for that. Had so much beer spilled on me and they were so pissed that their team was losing. But it happens in any sport I guess.

calder

Granted, I honestly think the Jets will screw things up and lose the lead of the SE

Yeah, it is tough to truly believe they won't huh. Really any faith I have is less in the Jets and more in the fact I don't think any other SE team can do much better than scuffle along at .500 the rest of the way.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
That's a bit... excessive. When I meet people who are Leafs fans I usually start with "You have my condolences." Or "Oh, I'm so sorry." lol But I usually just joke around and whatever with them. Nothing serious. The ones that go to Jets games though when the Leafs are in town, they are another story. It's like they leave their brain at home and just have some type of rabies or something because I've never had such obnoxious people near me in games, ever. That NYE game against them in 2011 was really bad for that. Had so much beer spilled on me and they were so pissed that their team was losing. But it happens in any sport I guess.

i think that's every fan ever that's not in their home turf

Alucard

Banned

Pretty much. I had drunk Habs fans yelling, laughing, and swearing at me when I attended game 4 in 2010. To be expected, but that doesn't make it any less annoying. Fleury melted down in that one.

Erdrick

Yeah, it is tough to truly believe they won't huh. Really any faith I have is less in the Jets and more in the fact I don't think any other SE team can do much better than scuffle along at .500 the rest of the way.

I don't have too much confidence in them, I hate to say that. I also wont cop-out and play the injury card since we don't have that many serious ones, and I really would like some scoring from our players that aren't on the first line. But we'll see... Rangers on Monday night... Gotta be prepared for them. Always dangerous, especially Callahan, is it? He was insane that one game this year in NY where he was blocking and basically being the one-man penalty killer. Much respect for him.

i think that's every fan ever that's not in their home turf

Oh, no doubt. It's just with the Leafs, there are more fans than usual that come out to cheer for the away team. I do find it odd when I am at a game and I see someone wearing a completely unrelated jersey though... Like a Tampa Bay game I was at and I saw some guy in a Flames jersey. I guess if he had nothing else, maybe...

Quick

Banned
What's this nonsense about people hating the Leafs? People love the Leafs! That's just impossible.

All over fanbases can choke down on our massive collective penis.

I joke, of course.

iSdnk5sTIMiRJ.gif

Marvie_3

Banned
FINE

We're the Jets.

Re Leafs hate: It's the only thing Quebecois have in common with the ROC. We carrying this cross for the unity of the Dominion.

F#ck! Poor Crosble.
NY Jets have 1 championship since '67 ;)

That's a pretty accurate comparison though. Largest market. Hated team. Never wins anything.

Montresor

The CBC post game with Cherry, Kadri, Orr, and McLaren makes it so easy to hate the Leafs. All I can think is "Let's not start slapping each other on the backs quite yet."

But man I LOVED it. Cherry kissing Naz hahahahaha.

Razorskin

----- ------
The CBC post game with Cherry, Kadri, Orr, and McLaren makes it so easy to hate the Leafs. All I can think is "Let's not start slapping each other on the backs quite yet."

But man I LOVED it. Cherry kissing Naz hahahahaha.

That's the kiss of death my friend. And you know Manics would land one right on Kadri's lips.

Spl1nter

Kadrupul! I like the sound of that duo.

stolen from hf

Going to make the kiss my avatar tomorrow. Sorry JVR, Lupul and Kadri are too hot.

Magni

Has anyone from Vancouver played well tonight? Shit goaltending, shit defense, shit offense, shit penalty kill, shit powerplay. The Oilers are playing well, true, but the Canucks are playing awful :/

Top Bottom