• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Tabris

God, I hate Kesler so much right now. Almost as much as Gillis.

The fact he's been so fucking inconsistent is a big reason we're in this spot. And he demands a trade? Fuck him.

Buffalo would have 38 points in 62 games if you took away their loser points. I'm drawing a blank, has there been a team that has that few wins over 60 games in recent years?

Tabris

I'd ask you to stop being an idiot.

But what's the point anymore.

I'd ask you to stop insulting me, but what's the point anymore?

Do you disagree? How is Kesler requesting a trade any different than Dany Heatley requesting a trade? Except Dany Heatley making it public.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Buffalo would have 38 points in 62 games if you took away their loser points. I'm drawing a blank, has there been a team that has that few wins over 60 games in recent years?

Without loser points, the 03/04 Pens technically had 34.7 points in 62 games. 23 wins in 82 games. (17.x wins in 62 games vs buffalo's 19)

EDIT: so did the 03/04 Capitals.

I'd ask you to stop insulting me, but what's the point anymore?

Do you disagree? How is Kesler requesting a trade any different than Dany Heatley requesting a trade? Except Dany Heatley making it public.
Because you are one of the biggest bandwagonner there is and you always find some way to come up with shit about this team or it's players that is infuriatingly awful.

Let's not even forget that there is no full-on evidence that Kesler definitely asked for a trade, and the fact that you blame him for the majority of the team's woes so far, but make no mention at all about the ENTIRE TOP LINE BEING non existent is fucking insane.

Smiley90

Man, I thought it had been awhile. 10 years since a team has sucked worse than Buffalo right now.

So the Sabres are on track for a bit more than 25 wins over 82 games. So anyone with 25 wins or less was worse than them without loser points.

Philly had 22 wins in 06/07
Tampa had 24 wins in 08/09
Oilers had 25 wins in 10/11, so they win the "most recently worse than Buffalo" race.

Not THAT long ago.

Tabris

Because you are one of the biggest bandwagonner there is and you always find some way to come up with shit about this team or it's players that is infuriatingly awful.

Let's not even forget that there is no full-on evidence that Kesler definitely asked for a trade, and the fact that you blame him for the majority of the team's woes so far, but make no mention at all about the ENTIRE TOP LINE BEING non existent is fucking insane.

Tabris said:
What you are seeing right now is the same as if the Sedins weren't on the team. They are banged up and declining, so invisible out there right now.

Hmm? Selective reading to continue your hate agenda.

And the evidence is pretty damning against Kesler.

Acid08

Banned

What you are seeing right now is the same as if the Sedins weren't on the team. They are banged up and declining, so invisible out there right now. This team hasn't truly had secondary scoring since Naslund was Captain. Random and inconsistent scoring flashes from other lines, but the Sedins and defensive play & goaltending carried this team since Naslund.
That's why it always surprised me how ungrateful people were to the Sedins. If it wasn't for them, we would be a mediocre team the last 6 years.

To be fair to Tabby he did say the Sedins are shit on this same page. Of course he goes on to say that Canucks fans didn't appreciate them which is totally asinine.

Tabris

To be fair to Tabby he did say the Sedins are shit on this same page. Of course he goes on to say that Canucks fans didn't appreciate them which is totally asinine.

How is that asinine? I have seen our own fans call them "the sisters" and wish for them to be traded or not re-signed, for years and years. Whether it's on these forums, hfboards, team 1040 (our local sports radio station) or water cooler talk at work. I remember the big one was "don't sign the Sedins and instead let's sign Gaborik" before 2010. Imagine how that would have worked out.

Acid08

Banned
How is that asinine? I have seen our own fans call them "the sisters" and wish for them to be traded or not re-signed, for years and years. Whether it's on these forums, hfboards, team 1040 (our local radio station) or water cooler talk at work. I remember the big one was "don't sign the Sedins and instead let's sign Gaborik". Imagine how that would have worked out.

So because some dildos on the radio bitch about the Sedins, no one appreciates them?

Smiley90

How many more losses until Vancouver's L10 is 0-10-0?

We went 1-0-1 in the first 2 games after the Olympics after going 0-7-0 before that, so it'll probably never happen. We were close though, without those 3 points...

Tabris

So because some dildos on the radio bitch about the Sedins, no one appreciates them?

I didn't say everyone, I said people, and a lot of people are. You don't have a good perspective not being in Vancouver. It's everywhere here. It's not people from other cities who started calling them sisters, it's Vancouver fans. A lot of Vancouver fans are unappreciative of their team, even when winning.

Acid08

Banned
Thornton on Malkin:

"Arguably one of the best centers in the world. But he doesn't play defense much."

842427950.gif

crosbycontrollerdisconnected.gif

Tabris

We went 1-0-1 in the first 2 games after the Olympics after going 0-7-0 before that, so it'll probably never happen. We were close though, without those 3 points...

What about that losing streak before AV put Burrows with the Sedins like 5 years ago? That event always allows me a little bit of hope that maybe that can happen this year.

Smiley90

I've lived here for nearly 5 years and I haven't heard anyone say bad things about the Sedins.

EDIT: Aside from "I'm sad they seem to be getting older" more recently. But that's not a criticism, but an observation.

Tabris

Wow, that blows my mind. I've been hearing it since they were drafted and played their first year. It's why I'm so sensitive to criticism here of them because I've heard it for so long that it drives me insane how much they go under appreciated by so many.

Thornton on Malkin:

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/842427950.gif?1394171697[IMG]

crosbycontrollerdisconnected.gif[/QUOTE]

Holy shit hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa

Crosby couldn't give less of a shit and Malkin is as bad as Ovi on defense apparently.

[quote="Red_Man, post: 103466219"]They gave this asshole the C for the greatest hockey team in the world.[/QUOTE]

Colorado, yes.

Smiley90

This new Community episode is amazing :lol

This season has been a very welcome change back to old great roots

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Friedman reporting there will be a discipline hearing for Kassian's hit, give him 5.

Socreges

Banned
You'd think that.........but man I dunno, they've looked subpar more often than not. If I recall during one of their "good" stretches earlier on they seemed to be struggling to put away opponents, a lot of one goal games...
Not really, actually. They went 10-1-2 in December and were winning comfortably. It was a completely different team. Also healthier, but any successful team has to be able to sustain injuries and ride through player droughts. The Canucks aren't built for either.

Top Bottom