• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Revenant

tumblr_mfv6lqoYYi1s23il0o1_500.gif

So many goals...what do I do?! D:

I love this gif.

Christ, the West's point totals are ridiculous. Every time someone posts a screenshot of the East's divisional standings, it reminds me.

Slurmer

Banned
Christ, the West's point totals are ridiculous. Every time someone posts a screenshot of the East's divisional standings, it reminds me.

Will the West win another Cup, or will this be another year that fans of Western teams claim it doesn't count because "insert east team" had an easier road? Stay tuned!

Will the West win another Cup, or will this be another year that fans of Western teams claim it doesn't count because "insert east team" had an easier road? Stay tuned!

I can't recall anyone blaming that the last time the Bruins won. The Canucks choked and played like shit. Unless Nucks fans were saying that. Then again, I didn't frequent NHL GAF as much that year.

Doubt the East will win this year anyways.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
West is just abusing the bottom eastern teams because they're straight garbage. Top Eastern teams have a more even record against the West.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Dallas is the only Western team with a losing record against the East in regulation.

THE LUMP BEAT ME

Weird

STL is 16-0-1 against the Central, but has a losing record against the Pacific
Chicago on the other hand has a 14-1-6 record against the Pacific and a tying record against the Central

Smiley90

West is just abusing the bottom eastern teams because they're straight garbage. Top Eastern teams have a more even record against the West.

eeeeeh

the only 2 Eastern teams with less than 8 losses against the West are Pittsburgh and Boston (5 and 4 respectively)

On the other hand, there are SEVEN western teams with less than 8 losses against the East.

So it's not just that.

Quick

Banned
WHAT ARE THESE WORDS THAT YOU ARE SAYING!!!

I don't know the lingo baby.

I keep saying toast, I actually mean bake.

You can go to a hockey shop and ask them to bake it. They'll shove it into this oven-looking thing for a few minutes and it'll warm up your skates. Then they'll ask you to put it on and leave it on your feet for a few minutes. It helps mold the inside to make it a bit easier to break in.

Acid08

Banned
Orpik tries to slash Demers in the balls, whines about the call. Neal hitting players up high. These Pittsburgh Penguins.

Smiley90

I keep saying toast, I actually mean bake.

You can go to a hockey shop and ask them to bake it. They'll shove it into this oven-looking thing for a few minutes and it'll warm up your skates. Then they'll ask you to put it on and leave it on your feet for a few minutes. It helps mold the inside to make it a bit easier to break in.

How many more games does Winnipeg have to lose before they are guaranteed out of the playoffs?

Yo Quick you should really not double-post with your alt

Deadbeat

Banned
Depends on how many games Dallas and Minnesota lose. They're not anywhere near elimination yet.
Im going insane in this town. People talking and already planning the jets playoff success. I just want it to end dear god its like the bombers but worse.

Socreges

Banned
Rank Team GP Points
22 VANCOUVER 65 66
23 OTTAWA 63 65
24 CAROLINA 62 63
25 NASHVILLE 63 62

GO SENS, GO HURRICANE, GO PERDS

25th is as far as we can realistically drop. Isles/Flames/Panthers/Oilers/Sabres are out of reach. Still though... 6th overall pick and lottery would make me so happy.
That would be amazing. Canucks haven't picked higher than 9th since the 90s.

Red_Man

I'd be surprised if the Canucks ended up finishing that low, they're in a bad stretch, but they're not this bad of a team.

Tabris

What you are seeing right now is the same as if the Sedins weren't on the team. They are banged up and declining, so invisible out there right now. This team hasn't truly had secondary scoring since Naslund was Captain. Random and inconsistent scoring flashes from other lines, but the Sedins and defensive play & goaltending carried this team since Naslund.

That's why it always surprised me how ungrateful people were to the Sedins. If it wasn't for them, we would be a mediocre team the last 6 years.

I'd be surprised if the Canucks ended up finishing that low, they're in a bad stretch, but they're not this bad of a team.

On paper they're not bad, but the team is playing with zero confidence and intensity right now. Amazing how Torts already has no effect on them.

Smiley90

1 win out of the last 12 games.

No Daniel Sedin.

Burrows with 0 goals for the season.

Our most engaged player supposedly not happy with the organization.

No starting goaltender.

yeah we are that bad. I want to finish as low as possible now.

Revenant

You'd think that.........but man I dunno, they've looked subpar more often than not. If I recall during one of their "good" stretches earlier on they seemed to be struggling to put away opponents, a lot of one goal games...

Red_Man

No team is consistently 1 win in 12 games bad. Let alone a team with a Sedin, Kesler and the D that the Canucks come. I'd be pretty surprised if they kept losing enough games to finish in the bottom 6.

Smiley90

No team is consistently 1 win in 12 games bad. Let alone a team with a Sedin, Kesler and the D that the Canucks come. I'd be pretty surprised if they kept losing enough games to finish in the bottom 6.

Let me hope okay

We're playing the Flames and Isles next, that should tell us how bad we really are atm. Either we're "out of the playoffs" bad, or "potential 6th overall pick" bad.

Top Bottom