• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Cake Boss

Banned
Chris Neil and Jared Cowen fought in practice.

I hope Neil hit him really really hard.

LEADERSHIP!!

Cant believe this fucking clown has an A on his jersey, worst than the C on Yashin.

How many times has he fought our younger players in practice, this fucking douches behavior is getting old fast.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Where's that gif of Nichushkin hitting Gonchar twice within 5 seconds i posted a while back? That was hilarious :lol

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Happens on a lot of teams especially when they're struggling. There's some people at work i'd like to fight as well, but unlike hockey I'd get fired if I did it.
I know, it's just ridiculous that it's two of the more useless guys going at it

Edler might have been traded to Boston if Kesler went to Pittsburgh:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/...cks-shelved/tCUaNYF27MQtNy1i5Qe75K/story.html

Before Thursday’s game against Washington, general manager Peter Chiarelli disclosed on NESN that Philadelphia was assuming half of Andrej Meszaros’s $4 million annual cap hit.

That’s because the Bruins, prior to Wednesday’s 3 p.m. trade deadline, believed they needed the space for another acquisition.

President Cam Neely told 98.5 The Sports Hub the Bruins had a deal in principle for a player with term remaining on his contract. That trade was shelved, Neely said, because another deal did not happen.

According to a team source, the Bruins’ trade fizzled because an expected transaction between Vancouver and Pittsburgh failed to take place.

The Penguins had been pursuing Ryan Kesler. According to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, the Penguins were offering Brandon Sutter, first- and third-round picks, and a defensive prospect.

Once the Canucks moved Kesler to Pittsburgh, they would have proceeded with their trade with the Bruins. The Bruins’ target could not be confirmed. But it’s likely they were targeting smooth-moving left-shot defenseman Alex Edler.

The Canucks would have received an NHL center in Sutter in return for Kesler. But Sutter is best suited for a third-line role. It’s likely Vancouver would have asked the Bruins for either AHLers Ryan Spooner or Alexander Khokhlachev, both more offensive-minded than Sutter.

Spooner (5-23—28 in 32 games for Providence) is quick and clever while boasting high-end speed. Spooner scored zero goals and 11 assists in 22 games for the Bruins while Chris Kelly was out with a broken fibula.

Khokhlachev (15-22—37 in 48 AHL games) is not as fast as Spooner but creative offensively. Neither projects to displace David Krejci, Patrice Bergeron, or Carl Soderberg, the Bruins’ top three centers.

Vancouver would have also needed a defensive replacement for Edler. The top candidate would have been Matt Bartkowski.

Both sides could revisit a trade around the draft. Edler would give the Bruins more mobility on the back end.

I don't know if Edler would've waived his NTC for Boston. He wants to win obviously but he's still young and his contract is 6 years at a healthy cap hit. Gillis can be patient with him.

Socreges

Banned
I guess, at least, there would be more suitors for Kesler and Edler around the draft as teams would have cap space and more would perceive themselves as upcoming contenders.

Socreges

Banned
Yeah but then you lose the crazy panic moves that teams make.
Neither the Boston nor Pittsburgh offer seemed particularly desperate. I can see Kesler definitely getting a better return in the future. Spooner + Bartkowski for Edler would have been ok, if that's actually what was being offered (obviously speculation).

(I think I got Bartkowski mixed up with someone else)

Chris Neil and Jared Cowen fought in practice.

I hope Neil hit him really really hard.

Dumb and Dumber

"We found out, to our chagrin and surprise the other day, we had been told the cap was going to be $71 [million] and now with the Canadian dollar having tanked, that the cap could be as low as $68 [million]. That's a huge swing," Lombardi said. "So that's more of the talks with our three guys, Mitchell, Lewis and Greene, who we'd all like to bring back. That's more of a hindrance than anything we acquired today. "

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-nhl-trades-elliott-20140306,0,7143483.column#ixzz2vJdsCyYT

That's going to impact off season plans for a few teams at least.

Samyy

:lol Leafs are so fucked
Well it won't be terrible but I can't see us doing anything great without moving salary, which is generally harder to do.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Neither the Boston nor Pittsburgh offer seemed particularly desperate. I can see Kesler definitely getting a better return in the future. Spooner + Bartkowski for Edler would have been ok, if that's actually what was being offered (obviously speculation).

(I think I got Bartkowski mixed up with someone else)
Kesler for high school first round steal phenom best player in the future Mark Jankowski

Quick

Banned
I love Dubbed's rejuvenated enthusiasm for the Panthers. Gonna take a picture of this with a Kodak, or maybe he can take a picture of himself with a Kodak.

Dalè!

Tabris

As a Canucks fan, there's not another game this season that I care about. So, relax.

Wow, we're really looking fair-weather right now guys. Come on, just because it looks bleak, doesn't mean there's a reason to stop cheering.

Go Canucks Go!

Seguin. Hot.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/10563565/dallas-stars-center-tyler-seguin-workouts-espn-magazine

mag_pb-body_seguin01jr_576x324.jpg

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
As a Canucks fan, there's not another game this season that I care about. So, relax.

There's some most-lose games against the Sens, Hurricane and Perds left dude! Tank for picks is on. For the best of the team.

MutFox

Banned
Wow, we're really looking fair-weather right now guys. Come on, just because it looks bleak, doesn't mean there's a reason to stop cheering.

Go Canucks Go!

A true fan would want to the team to tank the season at this point...
Mathematically, the chance of getting into the playoffs is slim.

We're counting on other teams to not care about playing for the fans,
like our players are doing at the moment.

Remember, if we tank, we have a higher chance of getting some high draft pick.
If we tank next year too, there's some good draft picks coming in.
This could be a good chance for a rebuild.

Chicago and Pittsburgh suffered though it, and look at them now.

Samyy

Look see
He is corrupting Rielly, the #1 of our hearts, our future captain.
This cannot be allowed to continue!

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
A true fan would want to the team to tank the season at this point...
Mathematically, the chance of getting into the playoffs is slim.

We're counting on other teams to not care about playing for the fans,
like our players are doing at the moment.

Remember, if we tank, we have a higher chance of getting some high draft pick.
If we tank next year too, there's some good draft picks coming in.
This could be a good chance for a rebuild.

Chicago and Pittsburgh suffered though it, and look at them now.

Writing off a season is one thing, planning to tank the next season is
Oilers
bullshit.

Samyy

Writing off a season is one thing, planning to tank the next season is
Oilers
bullshit.

I'd say its realistic, there is nothing your team could do to become even a middle of the pack playoff team in the West right now, just too strong, maybe you could sneak in the 2nd wildcard but you'd just be eliminated in 4 games. At that point you also run the risk of finishing just outside a playoff spot and ending up with a middle of the pack pick.

Top Bottom