• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
And that is why nobody likes you and you need to be punched in the face.
Even if you red tanks are divisional rivals, I can't hate on lidstrom. If anything he should've won more Norris'.

Are there any surprises in the prospect pool for you guys? No hidden Zetters or Magic Mans?

Acid08

Banned
BiOWfnNCIAAPV2Z.jpg

He's getting closer :')

Even if you red tanks are divisional rivals, I can't hate on lidstrom. If anything he should've won more Norris'.

Are there any surprises in the prospect pool for you guys? No hidden Zetters or Magic Mans?

Jarnkrok... DANG IT HOLLAND!!! :(

On a serious note, actually yes, our prospect pool at the moment is pretty dang stacked in the AHL and Junior leagues on both offense and defense. Mantha could be more like a Franzen guy, Pulky is more like a Brett Hull type player who has one of the hardest slap shots around (no joke, look him up under "holy slapper"). We also have a few guys over seas who could make a huge impact. Then you have Nyquist/Tatar/Jurco/Sheahan who are all up with the big club finally and making huge impacts (Nyqust is on pace for a higher point total than Datsyuk at his age). There is a lot more but you would have to look it up, Mantha and Andreas Athanasiou are our two big guys in the CHL who both look like they could be huge threats when they turn pro. I guess we won't really have a secret guy hidden right now, but there are those that were drafted later who are making huge impacts at the moment, so you never know (IE: Adam Almquist is 2nd on the Griffins in points and he is a D-man from Sweden who we drafted in the 7th round).

Stasis

Damn, we have an open-house tomorrow afternoon right during the game... fuck.

I'm gonna miss our arguing over which team will score less, Crazed. So far you've been right both times. What's the outlook for tomorrow? =)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

On a serious note, actually yes, our prospect pool at the moment is pretty dang stacked in the AHL and Junior leagues on both offense and defense. Mantha could be more like a Franzen guy, Pulky is more like a Brett Hull type player who has one of the hardest slap shots around (no joke, look him up under "holy slapper"). We also have a few guys over seas who could make a huge impact. Then you have Nyquist/Tatar/Jurco/Sheahan who are all up with the big club finally and making huge impacts (Nyqust is on pace for a higher point total than Datsyuk at his age). There is a lot more but you would have to look it up, Mantha and Andreas Athanasiou are our two big guys in the CHL who both look like they could be huge threats when they turn pro. I guess we won't really have a secret guy hidden right now, but there are those that were drafted later who are making huge impacts at the moment, so you never know (IE: Adam Almquist is 2nd on the Griffins in points and he is a D-man from Sweden who we drafted in the 7th round).
LOL. I think I've only really heard of Mantha. Still, won't matter if you got good prospects if Babcock keeps playing your favourite player over them.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I made Manics stop posting for a few weeks when I first started posting. Should get a medal of honour or something for that.

Acid08

Banned
David Pollak @PollakOnSharks 2m Couture on facing ex-#SJShark Murray: "I’ve seen Cranky play & hit alot of people pretty hard. Hopefully I can skate away from him tonight."

Couture isn't the fastest skater but he looks like a Veyron compared to Geo Metro Murray.

Merguson

Banned

Petr Mrazek looks pretty good too. He might have to get his chance at a NHL starting job somewhere else though. Considering Howard is signed for five more years I think?

Petr Mrazek looks pretty good too. He might have to get his chance at a NHL starting job somewhere else though. Considering Howard is signed for five more years I think?

I think they will keep Mrazek since we really don't have many other goalies, maybe Patterson but he is still a long way off. I would like to keep Gus since the team plays good in front of him but I want Mrazek to start pushing Howard for the starting job.

Red_Man

Budaj starting again tonight after he cost us last game

killyourself.gif

At least we got those 2 points in Anaheim.....

Habs play by play guy says he has information that Beaulieu will be called up soon. Not sure if this means Tinordi is sent down, or a vet.

Erdrick

I hate afternoon games. Moreso when I'm stuck seeing the lousy CBC crew half-assing the play by play.

Hope the Jets play better than on Thursday night. Can't afford to lose games now if they hope to have a chance at all of any post-season play.

Red_Man

Red, backups are always dangerous against us. Fucking Zatkoff made 40+ saves last game.
If Tokarski was in net I would agree with you, but Buds has looked worse and worse every game he's played and the reason we lost to the Yotes. If we only lose by 1 goal I'll consider it a victory.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
"Great penalty killing by Ottawa" while a clip of Cowen cross-checking a Jets player rolls.

:lol

Top Bottom