• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Quick

Banned
So we have crickets in this computer room for her gecko. We've had the gecko for years, and up front I was worried about the noise but when we first started keeping them in here they were pretty quiet. They got more noisy over time but for the most part I could handle it. Today I wake up and those fuckers are on full blast, had to be at least half of them of maybe 35 in there so I removed them from the room. I'm still hearing phantom chirps even in a completely silent room. WILL THIS EVER GO AWAY?????? AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You are already dead?

Eventually. Give it a week or two.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
...Tripping? For real? I mean, I could understand interference, but tripping?

Unfortunately McD can't score a shorty from the box.

I think.

Wow, we really suck.

Edit: I swear NBC is obsessed with talking about Detroit's subtle interference, every stupid time we have a game on NBC, it seems that it is always talked about. Of course Eddy is usually the one to bring it up so it doesn't surprise me since he still hates for some reason.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, I totally forgot about daylights saving time... I was up till 1am playing Bioshock Infinite (1st time playing through it since it was free on PS3 with PS+), came up stairs to dick around on the PC for an hour and next thing I noticed it was 3am. I was like, damn, didn't realize I was up here for 2 hours... I'm an idiot and didn't see the clock jump ahead at 2am.

Ugh, I totally forgot about daylights saving time... I was up till 1am playing Bioshock Infinite (1st time playing through it since it was free on PS3 with PS+), came up stairs to dick around on the PC for an hour and next thing I noticed it was 3am. I was like, damn, didn't realize I was up here for 2 hours... I'm an idiot and didn't see the clock jump ahead at 2am.

Good news is that you aren't missing much with this game, team looks slow and confused, just like an old person.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Things I heard in section 301 during last night's Canucks/Briquettes tilt:
Right after Lack went Cloutier on that soft goal from the blueline:
"You know Lou got a shutout in HIS first game after the trade, right?"
"They were playing Buffalo!"
"WE'RE playing CALGARY!"
"Your wife ain't here, we should hit up the Swedish Touch"
"Eddie? That's a weird chant"
"Nobody wants to keep saying 'Louuuuuuuuu' (keep in mind, everyone was yelling 'Louuuu' whenever Lack made a save in the first couple of periods)"
"Sounds like they're cheering for Eddie Murphy. The guy isn't even bla-"
*drunk guy looks over and spots me, I give the dehumanizing glare*
"The guy doesn't even look like him."

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
You can always tell when we have one of those games where we aren't going to score a goal at all... this is one of those games.
You would think that maybe just one time the Wings would be the team that could come back with one to tie it after the other team just sat back to hold onto a 1 goal lead.

Yup, that's game, the roller coaster ride of emotions continue as this will drop us into 9th place now I believe. Good thing this team shows up for Sunday games all the time, they really showed their skill tonight.

Back to the "Detroit will miss the playoffs mood now".

We HAVE to win Tuesday since we aren't winning today let alone getting a point, can't let the BJ's get any points or we start falling fast.

Time to go play hockey instead of watching this team spiral down in a fiery mess.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I wish we would've had a full team for at least 75% of the season instead of this trash. Wings training staff needs to get fired for the shitty job they've been doing the past few years. No reason for these guys to always be hurt like this for long.

Without Z and Pavel the team will start to fade in about 2 weeks cause the Franzen and Kid line can't keep up the pace by themselves.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus christ, no wonder Howard's numbers are terrible...

Wings score 2.57 goals a game when Howard starts, but score 3.45 goals a game when Gus starts! That's crazy.

I know, I know, I'm not supposed to bring hfboards bs over here but I figured some Montreal fans would get a kick out of this. There is a discussion on the Wild board comparing Minnesota to the rest of the league. When talking about Les Habitants:

Montreal has missed the playoffs ONCE in the past 5 years, made it to the 3rd round as well two years ago. They only missed the playoffs twice in the past 10 years. They have a good core, a good coach.

Top Bottom