• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

pringles

Lundqvist getting another easy shutout against the Wings. Great stuff. Had a feeling they spent all their offense against Jersey. Better win the next one, a few losses in a row and we're out of the playoffs at this point.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
What's the story on Price? Any update on his injury?
Nah, they're being real hush hush about it with no set time table for return. Hopefully this week, people have thought he's had a groin injury of some sort for most of the season already.

zedge

Matt Stajans new born passes away. :(

http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=708653

It is with great sadness we inform that Katie and Matt Stajan are grieving the loss of their son, Emerson Stajan. Emerson passed away Monday, March 3, 2014, following childbirth.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Katie and Matt at this difficult time. We appreciate that everyone has and will continue to respect their privacy during this period.

A private memorial service will take place in the ensuing days.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
That's just an awful situation. Actually awful is an understatement, happened to me and my wife a few months ago and we're still not really over it.

I'd tweet or message my condolences if I could to them.

It's an unimaginable feeling.

:( :( :(

so sorry to hear that dude :(

ZeroGravity

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 3m
If I'm not mistaken, I believe congrats may soon be in order for @strombo and @CoachesCornerCBC.

Lots of talk @strombo will this week be named primary face/host of the other guys' nat'l package.

And @CoachesCornerCBC is reportedly getting a new 2-yr deal. Sounds like Ron MacLean still involved but not as main man.
Looks like two more years of Don Cherry, and George Stroumboulopoulos may be replacing Ron MacLean?

what

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
According to Bob McKenize, George Stroumboulopoulos will be the face of HNIC for Sportsnet. I like him, that's awesome news, he's a pretty big Habs fan too.

ShaneB

According to Bob McKenize, George Stroumboulopoulos will be the face of HNIC for Sportsnet. I like him, that's awesome news, he's a pretty big Habs fan too.

Agreed, if that's true, I'm fine with that news. I like George a heck of a lot. Do hope Ron MacLean is a regular regardless, I'll miss his puns. =(

zroid

Banned
thanks to whoever recommended Timmy's pretzel bagel. it's surprisingly gooooood.

interesting... never knew he did sportscasting

Spl1nter

thanks to whoever recommended Timmy's pretzel bagel. it's surprisingly gooooood.

He would be in a Ron Maclean role which isnt really sportscasting. Love the choice, strombo is awesome. However they still need to get rid of a lot of personalities on CBC. Friedman should continue to have a big role.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
"Eddie Lack’s quote about what was going through his mind after Brian McGrattan scored on a slap shot from centre is priceless: “I looked over at the bench and saw [a Torts face palm]. I thought ‘Oh no, Eddie, what have you done?’ Then I thought, ‘I better shut the door now.’” I love that Lack thinks to himself in the third person and now I will immediately think, “Oh no, Eddie, what have you done?” every time he gives up a goal."

:lol

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

I'm okay with this. That could at least mean we have one person on the broadcasts who won't bash PK for doing absolutely nothing worthy of being bashed.

I know he did some basketball back when the Raptors first started. He was telling a story on NBATV on how he and someone else (I want to say friedman could be wrong) ended up being the basketball reporters for the Fan590 because they were the only guys there who actually liked basketball.

Guess who is getting the start against the St Louis Blues tonight?

28ldpvt.gif

Horrible news re Stajan.

That's just an awful situation. Actually awful is an understatement, happened to me and my wife a few months ago and we're still not really over it.

I'm really sorry to hear that KP. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife.

Friedman should continue to have a big role.

Is this is a joke about his girthiness?

Friedman, Stock, Healy - they all need to go. The problem is that the guys that would naturally replace them would come via Sportsnet or The Score, which means they will be *worse*. It is not looking good.

Maybe keep Healy around as the new Cherry? He acts just as dumb.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Damn, happened to an old coworker of mine too. It was tough as the poor baby was in the hospital for a few weeks before he passed away. He's not the same person now...

Is this is a joke about his girthiness?

Friedman, Stock, Healy - they all need to go. The problem is that the guys that would naturally replace them would come via Sportsnet or The Score, which means they will be *worse*. It is not looking good.

Maybe keep Healy around as the new Cherry? He acts just as dumb.

They should bring in the TSN guys, but that's not going to happen.

iLLmAtlc

Anyone else thinks it's pretty lame for bobo to leak that? I don't consider him to be acting as a reporter because if it was his own company's news he wouldn't be reporting shit

Top Bottom