• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
People post .gifs of the game all the time in here. Does it escape you that I may have not watched the game, or you simply don't care?

Unless there are some further guidelines in place, it's always been spoiler free until after airing. The image in question is of a couple guys flipping one another off, which isn't exactly a giant revelation.

Halo 4 was the last FPS I can recall actually playing like crazy in SP mode.

The problem comes from posting a gif from a television show in a non-related thread. If anyone is spoiled after going into the True Detective thread, that's their fault, but getting spoled in an NHL thread is unavoidable if someone posts a gif.

We've seen other True Detective gifs in here, but this one was from the final episode.

About this gif, True Detective ending spoilers:
This one shows Marty and Rust in a hospital, which is a spoiler

Sanjuro

The problem comes from posting a gif from a television show in a non-related thread. If anyone is spoiled after going into the True Detective thread, that's their fault, but getting spoled in an NHL thread is unavoidable if someone posts a gif.

We've seen other True Detective gifs in here, but this one was from the final episode.

About this gif, True Detective ending spoilers:
This one shows Marty and Rust in a hospital, which is a spoiler

I agree with you. Just needs to be better guidelines towards .gifs if that's the case. It's been this way on here for a while now.

In the end, I posted a response to a post about Matt Cooke with a couple guys flipping one another off. The intention was not there and has been removed.

Then I would suggest asking for guidelines to the mods about posting .gifs. I'm just going by the rules here, and wasn't my intention to enrage a troll from something well over a page ago.

Ah. Already forgot about Bioshock. I really don't consider that in the same genre in a weird way. Mainly because all of the games we're discussing are competitive FPS types.

But BioShock 2 totally had competitive multiplayer, remember? :p

Apparently I need to watch True Detective before I run across a spoiler, I'm intrigued as I have heard good things.

Mr.Green

People post .gifs of the game all the time in here. Does it escape you that I may have not watched the game, or you simply don't care?
You're not really comparing a hockey game and a TV show here are you? In a thread where people smash talk each other while watching the games spoilers are kind of implied I would guess.

Sanjuro

But BioShock 2 totally had competitive multiplayer, remember? :p

Apparently I need to watch True Detective before I run across a spoiler, I'm intrigued as I have heard good things.

Excellent mini-series. One of my favorite of the HBO offerings, easily.

You're not really comparing a hockey game and a TV show here are you? In a thread where people smash talk each other while watching the games spoilers are kind of implied I would guess.

I've seen hockey .gifs outside of here. They could have spoiled that important game from 2006 or so!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of TV, does anyone else hate the 20+ episode seasons of television shows now after watching cable stuff?

Just started Arrow and thought to myself, "I have to get through 23 episodes before I even get to the second season", and kind of killed my enthusiasm to watch the show.

Sanjuro

Speaking of TV, does anyone else hate the 20+ episode seasons of television shows now after watching cable stuff?

Just started Arrow and thought to myself, "I have to get through 23 episodes before I even get to the second season", and kind of killed my enthusiasm to watch the show.

I was thinking about watching Arrow. You just convinced me not to watch. Yikes. Maybe I'll just look for select episodes to check out like Smallville.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I was thinking about watching Arrow. You just convinced me not to watch. Yikes. Maybe I'll just look for select episodes to check out like Smallville.

It sucks because basically everybody says the show ramps up at the end of the first, and all I'm thinking about is having to watch 15 episodes of filler before getting to the good stuff. It's fun enough to watch so far though, aside from some pretty awful dialogue.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

i am watching smallville right now (about to finish, just hit season 10)

and arrow slaughters smallville... some of the character interactions feels like total teen drama moreso than smallville... but the action? it's awesome. Arrow has done more in 2 seasons than smallville in 10, really. Arrow is one show I highly recommend watching all episodes.

True Detective SPOILERS LIKE FUCK DO NOT CLICK
I really don't know how I feel about that show past episode 5. Wasn't a huge fan of how certain characters were introduced, nor the "boss fight" feel of the end there. Appreciated the character arc at the very end but other than that, 4/5 was the peak for me.

calder

True Detective
Holy fucking shit. What a weird, but fucking great, but still weird as hell show. I don't even know what to say, that shot in episode 4.. the tea shop sequence in Hard Boiled was done proud. Not even half way through episode 5 and it is completely batshit.
Is a good show.

Loved the show, loved the last episode, loved the ending. Perhaps worth pointing out that I wasn't going to be prone to disappointment though as most of the "answers" were ones I was expecting or hoping for.

Some people were let down by the "it's just him?" angle about the villain but not me, I kinda liked that after Rust's paranoia about the coverup and who would be in on it it turns out the conspiracy was a bit exaggerated. I also liked that there may or may not be a Yellow King, I think the creepy altar/king figure at the very end is the Yellow King - it wasn't the ring leader of the whole cult but rather their figurehead. Or maybe it was the great-grandpa Tuttle and when he died decades ago they put his skull up and kept calling him the Yellow King, obviously the "Carcosa" mythology stuff was decades old before Errol and his two henchmen started up their careers.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
True Detective SPOILERS LIKE FUCK DO NOT CLICK
I really don't know how I feel about that show past episode 5. Wasn't a huge fan of how certain characters were introduced, nor the "boss fight" feel of the end there. Appreciated the character arc at the very end but other than that, 4/5 was the peak for me.

I agree with the sentiment that the show lost something when we lost Rust and Marty as narrators. The unreliable narrator was perfect for this show, and it was at its best when things were heavily implied, but I still enjoyed the hell out of the final 3 episodes.

True Detective spoilers
@calder
I didn't have a problem with who the guy turned out to be, just that he was introduced in this almost comic book style "Heh ehhehehhh my family's been here for yearssss.. yessss". It didn't match any of the other writing in the show and came off as a cheap to me. I liked everything else though, I just feel like it peaked mid-season. Better than no peak at all, still a good show.
@lamaroo
It just gave it such a better feel and I don't envy their position cause they obviously couldn't do that for the remainder of the show. I enjoyed it, fun ride. Incredibly strong main characters.

I'm done posting about it in here for awhile, always get scared to post recent spoilers for something in here on the off chance of a missclick. Some things can't be unread and I've totally been there.

Heretic

Awww <3

1959601_633224570060228_247949826_n.png

Canucks lines:

Burrows-Sedin-Jensen
Higgins-Kesler-Hansen
Booth-Matthias-Sestito
Archibald-Schroeder-Dalpe

2 second lines, a third, and a fourth.

ShaneB

My thoughts as well. If you want to talk about TD that badly, there is a thread for it. Gifs as well count as spoilers in my opinion.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Excellent mini-series. One of my favorite of the HBO offerings, easily.

I've seen hockey .gifs outside of here. They could have spoiled that important game from 2006 or so!

:lol 2006 is the same as YESTERDAY.

Supersonic (or dopey?) got banned in here for posting a spoilerish avengers gif a few days after the movie was released, for what it's worth. Tons of us haven't seen it yet, including me.

Now stop being a dick and show some understanding, tons of other gifs you an use.

Delryk

Do you remember who on the radio was saying this? I haven't seen it mentioned or posted anywhere else, just curious who was throwing it out there. He skated today, and I haven't seen any update from people closest to the Habs.

The remix with Kendrick Lamar is great.

I went back on the radio site (96.9) to search for anything about it and theres nothing. Perhaps they were talking about other possibilities? Not sure anymore!.. had a long work dau.. not a Habs fan but i wouldnt want to see Price with any long term injury anyway... so i guess this is good news until Wednesday if he actually plays or not..

Sanjuro

Supersonic (or dopey?) got banned in here for posting a spoilerish avengers gif a few days after the movie was released, for what it's worth. Tons of us haven't seen it yet, including me.

Now stop being a dick and show some understanding, tons of other gifs you an use.

I did. That's why I removed it!

Bigger dick is someone drawing attention to it well after the fact. If there was a problem, just shoot me a message. Never had an issue with posting them before by the guidelines mentioned by mods.

I've never even seen the avengers. Why do I get blamed for everything *cries*

It was Cake Boss who posted that gif.

Top Bottom