• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Quick

Banned
Avengers gifs from the Quick vault.

iCUNjbLJqk0hY.gif

iM3EbuMAIy59A.gif

Socreges

Banned
I agree with you. Just needs to be better guidelines towards .gifs if that's the case. It's been this way on here for a while now.

In the end, I posted a response to a post about Matt Cooke with a couple guys flipping one another off. The intention was not there and has been removed.
Maybe. But at some point you just have to assume that common sense would take over.

Jayhawk

Today I learned that former Leaf Lee Stempniak is on the Penguins and sometimes plays on the same line as Crosby and Kunitz...

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
NHL to institute street hockey rules, no slap shots.

When we played hockey in PE in high school (grade 11), the rule was "no high shots/shots above ground level". If you scored with a shot like that it just didn't count. It was bullshit.

zroid

Banned
Pre-emptive congrats on your win, Leafs-age.

You guys always beat us.

To be fair, the Leafs beat the Ducks back in October when they were playing well.

The Leaf team you're playing against tonight is the one that allowed two pairs of shorthanded goals on the same powerplay in the span of a week...

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
When we played hockey in PE in high school (grade 11), the rule was "no high shots/shots above ground level". If you scored with a shot like that it just didn't count. It was bullshit.

In toronto, the rule tends to be... if you did a dumbass move like slap it and miss the net, you best sprint to get it.

Acid08

Banned
NHL posted that Avs video on their FB page. Gonna keep an eye on the comments.

this is literally the coolest video i've seen a hockey team make. props. also if it ended with their horn going off, that would've sealed the deal

ShaneB

Heh, I'm pretty sure its a common rule in PE and even in some ball hockey leagues. I just know it was a rule we always enforced in our street hockey games when I was young lol

We had a giant punching thing that you held as a blocker and a baseball glove/stick.

Only thing they didn't allow was slapshots.

Even though we did it anyways.

Shane: enforcing it in street hockey? Cmon!

trifelife

If you were a STH would you prefer silence given the circumstances?

Yep.

I don't think Gillis really needs to defend his actions. Maybe he can retool the team successfully, maybe not.

There's no upside for to portraying yourself as weak or vulnerable or remorseful.

ShaneB

I like Laich!!!!

Woooooooo

Shane: enforcing it in street hockey? Cmon!

We often played with a tennis ball, and slap shots generally aren't that appropiate for keeping the ball in play. lol edit: I said enforces, I meant enforced, as in past tense, when I was younger. but I did say was... ah well. clarification needed perhaps!

I like Laich!!!!

Woooooooo

We often played with a tennis ball, and slap shots generally aren't that appropiate for keeping the ball in play. lol

I find that most people can't even hit the net with a wrister.

We just invested 120 in a net that had screens attached to the side/top. Stopped most pucks/street balls from going behind it.

Smiley90

Has anyone here played/watched Handball?

Once you've been a handball goalie and have thrown yourself in front of a dude throwing this hard ball straight at your unprotected head, you kind of lose your fear of slapshots.

Sanjuro

Maybe. But at some point you just have to assume that common sense would take over.

Well, it's more grey area than common sense. The nature of the post and the intention were not of someone trying to spoil anything. It's an interesting discussion and probably should be addressed at some point. This ideally isn't the place though.

In the meantime, no hockey spoilers!

ShaneB

I find that most people can't even hit the net with a wrister.

We just invested 120 in a net that had screens attached to the side/top. Stopped most pucks/street balls from going behind it.

Fair enough, when I was younger our options were generally a couple street locations, and the school parking lot. So keeping things contained were generally the best course of action.

edit: fuck you Kunitz.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
To be fair, the Leafs beat the Ducks back in October when they were playing well.

The Leaf team you're playing against tonight is the one that allowed two pairs of shorthanded goals on the same powerplay in the span of a week...

This is also the Leafs team that has seemed to revert back to the one that can't win in regulation to save their lives.

Which is especially bad now as I have no clue if my body will even allow me to stay up that late.

Samyy

This is also the Leafs team that has seemed to revert back to the one that can't win in regulation to save their lives.

Which is especially bad now as I have no clue if my body will even allow me to stay up that late.

I wake up at 6am Kave, if I can do it so can you!
I'll probably sleep if we're losing after the 2nd :p

Beat ya to this!

I didn't even know we "retooled"... I know getting rid of Blake and Hagman is something, and having youth step up is something else as well... But I thought it was just natural evolution for a team to have their prospects turn into producing players?

Our last two losses have been shootout losses...

Smiley90

I didn't even know we "retooled"... I know getting rid of Blake and Hagman is something, and having youth step up is something else as well... But I thought it was just natural evolution for a team to have their prospects turn into producing players?

Problem is that when you're good for a few years, chances are your prospects won't turn into good, producing players unless you get lucky/have awesome scouts. (E.g. Detroit)

Top Bottom