• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

yyzjohn

Banned
Going to be a tough game tonight against the Kings. It seemed like Getzlaf and Perry were on the ice last night for the entire third period. I looked at the boxscore and they played 26 and 24 minutes respectively, damn they were dominant out there.

Leafs playing the Sharks tonight.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
On the topic of Swedish goaltenders, I saw this rundown of Lundqvist's stats relative to the rest of the league over his career that really underscores just how good he is.

From the 2005-06 season (Lundqvist’s rookie year) to now, Lundqvist ranks:

1st in Games Played with 560
1st in Wins with 300
1st in Minutes Played with 33,031
4th in GAA with 2.27, 1st among goalies who have played more than 200 games
2nd in Shots Against with 15,649
2nd in Saves with 14,398
6th in Save % with .920, 2nd among goalies who have played at least 400 games.

Other goalies who have played at least 500 games since 2005-06 include Martin Brodeur, Roberto Luongo, Ryan Miller and Miikka Kiprusoff.

Really sucks that he's never going to win a Cup. :/

Cake Boss

Banned
Dat Hemsky

6 points in the last 2 games,

2dHNVgS.gif

A win tonight and we will stick within the playoff hunt til the end (whether we make it or not depends). Lose and I think that ends are season even with 16 games or so left. Book It™

ShaneB

No comment on that Canucks train wreck last night, I guess I should watch the high(low)lights sometime. lol

Hoping the Caps pull off magic and get a win tonight =/

I think Doug MacLean of all people pointed out that the Ducks' home form was quite average going into last night's game. Something like 4W 6L in their last 10 at the Ponda.

Kave, does Reimer get the start?

yyzjohn

Banned
I think Doug MacLean of all people pointed out that the Ducks' home form was quite average going into last night's game. Something like 4W 6L in their last 10 at the Ponda.

Kave, does Reimer get the start?

They had the streak going for no losses at home for the longest time but I guess the law of averages caught up with them. Their home record is still great, but not as incredible as it was before.

And you know, Anaheim has been a real good friend to Toronto over the past few seasons. This year they gave us 4 points and Holland, and before that Lupul and Gardiner, and before that, Giguere! We are truly blessed to have friends such as these.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So apparently the reason why we've been using Rick Nash on the PK for the last 2 months is because Mike Babcock told AV to do it before we played the Red Wings back in January. Thanks, Mike!

Nash and St. Louis have been teamed up on the PK for the last 3 games, and in that time they've been 9/9 and put up a +2 on the kill.

zroid

Banned
It stinks that the schedulers couldn't have let the Leafs take on LA tonight and SJ on Thursday. Being able to rest immediately after the game last night instead of jumping on a plane would've made a big difference, probably.

And you know, Anaheim has been a real good friend to Toronto over the past few seasons. This year they gave us 4 points and Holland, and before that Lupul and Gardiner, and before that, Giguere! We are truly blessed to have friends such as these.

They also gave us Carlyle so I think we're even

Nash and St. Louis have been teamed up on the PK for the last 3 games, and in that time they've been 9/9 and put up a +2 on the kill.

ಠ_ಠ

I hope Bettman never awards Quebec City the Nordiques due to Quebecor's former CEO running for the separatist party the PQ.

the new arena is semi subsidiesed by the local goverment and partly by Quebecor itself

*Quebecor is a media/ news paper /internet cable mega company

Titanfall still says in transit and not out for delivery yet says today is the delivery date. Of course if it doesn't come today, it probably won't come tomorrow since we are supposed to get 6-12 inches of snow. :(

It better come today, I need something to distract me from the spanking the Wings will receive later on today.

Parenteau out for 4 to 6 weeks woooo this fucking sucks

I was mad when we didn't bolster our offensive depth at the deadline, this was why, especially with Tangs done for the season. Cammalleri was available, should have picked him up within the Berra trade.

Titanfall still says in transit and not out for delivery yet says today is the delivery date. Of course if it doesn't come today, it probably won't come tomorrow since we are supposed to get 6-12 inches of snow. :(

It better come today, I need something to distract me from the spanking the Wings will receive later on today.

Should have downloaded it, only took me a couple hours.

I was mad when we didn't bolster our offensive depth at the deadline, this was why, especially with Tangs done for the season. Cammalleri was available, should have picked him up within the Berra trade.

Should have downloaded it, only took me a couple hours.

I have 90 bucks in MS credit too, but I also had 150 in Amazon credit. My bandwidth cap pretty much killed any chance for doing digital plus I prefer physical console games to digital right now.

I have 90 bucks in MS credit too, but I also had 150 in Amazon credit. My bandwidth cap pretty much killed any chance for doing digital plus I prefer physical console games to digital right now.

I forgot a lot of people in the east have bandwidth caps, that sucks. Glad I don't have to deal with those as I plan to go digital for everything except for when I want a LE.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Dorsett back in the Rangers lineup for Carcillo for some boggling reason. The 4th line has been on fire ever since Carcillo joined up, and they've been great the last few games, so I'm not sure why AV is making the switch tonight.

Lundqvist aiming to tie Richter's franchise win mark tonight.

Torts has a five year contract. I can't see five years of this.

If Gillis isn't blowing up the team then Torts is gone. With the lukewarm offers for Kesler they'll have to build the team around him for the future.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I spent like 4 hours downloading it last night on PC, another 20 minutes to install it, then did the training and played one map of the "Campaign" and went to bed. It was fun, felt just like COD except faster. I use a wired 360 controller on my PC for it, but I might try k/b mouse tonight. I was actually MVP of the entire game cause all I did was defend B and rack up the points, ended up 7-4 in d/p/d and called in my Titan 3 times. That thing is a walking death trap. I don't know how you can be really good while in one since you're a huge target and everyone starts to fire on you from every direction.

I am full on download only on XB1. I love being able to just launch what ever game I want with a simple voice command. The download for TF was also super fast, took about 20 mins total. I believe they improved that in the March update, because I wasnt getting times that fast at launch.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I fucking love Ryse. It is such a good game. It was by far my favorite of the launch games for both systems. I cant wait to see what Crytek does with the sequel.

Probably one of my favorite launch games as well. Has there been talk of a sequel? I really hope they get to make one.

In an interview with the McNeil and Spiegel Show on Tuesday morning, Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville indicated that Chicago will add 19-year-old Finnish forward Teuvo Teravainen later this season.

Teravainen is currently playing for Jokerit in Finland’s SM-liiga. He’ll likely be done with that league sometime in April. Teravainen participated with the Blackhawks in training camp, impressing many teammates with his skills.

Now, it seems he’ll be destined to provide help for Chicago as it makes its playoff push and tries to repeat as Stanley Cup champions. Teravainen could fill the hole as the Blackhawks’ second-line center.

Mmmmm.

Samyy

Fuck you Chicago
There are even some nights where Saad looks like the best player on the ice on a team with Toews, Kane, Sharp and Hossa.
FFFFFFF

And now Teuvo fucking hell

Probably one of my favorite launch games as well. Has there been talk of a sequel? I really hope they get to make one.

Just in the NPD threads. First month it did over 400k, and people were saying that it would easily break a million when all was said and done, and that should be enough for MS to do a sequel.

Ferraro saying that he's heard from multiple people that the Canucks' owners sat in during the Tortorella interviews...

Again, impossible to verify, but yikes if true.

Top Bottom