• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Sometimes I wonder just how many pictures of Eller cube/manics/forza/binladen has taped to every wall in their shitty apartment.

kJYD8m8.jpg

Red_Man

As you can tell, I have 0 photo editing experience.

Budaj's sv % at .860 since returning from the Olympics. Can't wait to see the Senator's tear him a new one on Saturday too.

Lots and lots of Wild fans are unhappy with the team right now and most are centering it on Mikko Koivu.

While I disagree with this particular blame game, I have to wonder what his value is. Anybody here have any idea what their team or others would give up for him if he were to be on the block?

Holy cow I can't believe all the offers that came in from other teams I had no idea Koivu was that valuable.

But really does anybody have any ideas on how valuable he would be?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Oh that's how we can score, we must push the goalie in the net.

"Deep in the net!" I mean.

calder

Never made sense to me either. You take the most productive individual for the job. /theend

Habs aren't really in that bad of a spot. Coach does suck though and the Leafs are styling and profiling
into one another
Respectfully disagree. I don't care how good a coach is, if he can't communicate directly to a large percentage of the fanbase and media he can't do a real and important part of his job. To me the coach is often the real face of a team, and it's a big part of what makes a coach 'productive'.

Ugh, all those Chicago fans there. People need to go to games!

I've only gone to one game this year, but I'm a broke college student.

Marvie_3

Banned
What the hell are you doing, Keith?

Edit: Two Keith fuckups in less than 15 seconds.

Edit 2: And a penalty on Keith. Holy shit.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If Kesler is injured long-term I'm joining #TeamQuick and #TeamFuckJe
t
s

Sanjuro

Respectfully disagree. I don't care how good a coach is, if he can't communicate directly to a large percentage of the fanbase and media he can't do a real and important part of his job. To me the coach is often the real face of a team, and it's a big part of what makes a coach 'productive'.

It's not his job to please the fanbase. That is ownership by other means than setting up a "fabulous" coach.

The coach's job is to prepare his team as best as possible to make his team successful.

That's a stupid mindset.

Red_Man

Therrien after the game:

"See!!! I told you, we are a grinding team, push goals in net, no fancy rush. You miss 3 times, we only grind to win"

Red_Man

It only took Therrien 3 complete ass kickings to realize he should switch up the lines. Good job, good effort you fuck. Now maybe he can get his head out of his ass and figure out his D pairings are garbage.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

When is the last time a coach said anything meaningful or insightful to the mdeia/fans though?

They all parrot the same shit time and again. I'd rather have a guy who implements a system tailored to his team, not play dump and chase when 3/4's of the team was built to carry the puck.

Sanjuro

When is the last time a coach said anything meaningful or insightful to the mdeia/fans though?

They all parrot the same shit time and again. I'd rather have a guy who implements a system tailored to his team, not play dump and chase when 3/4's of the team was built to carry the puck.

The only risk/reward a professional coach has off the playing surface is how he handles the media.

Montreal is a one sport town and you're only looking to please one specific demographic, which only wants to win.

Red_Man

Loui Eriksson is completely invisible. Thank you Chiarelli for fleecing yourself and gimping your team for the next decade.

trifelife

Oh cool, how does that work then? Because the Canucks were known for constant diving in years past the obvious dives they do tonight don't count?

Bieksa went down pretty easy when he was cross-checked, but I haven't seen anything "obvious" tonight.

Known for constant diving. Sure, way to follow mainstream media and internet memes. The narrative is tired because every player on every team is constantly trying to gain a competitive advantage. If embellishing helps your team, why wouldn't you? It's not something special with the Canucks.

Maybe Winnipeg is so virtuous, blue-collar and scrappy they never need to sell a call. Take off eh
get it, like a Jet ha ha ha

calder

You guys are REALLY underestimating how much the coach means to an organization outside what he does with the players. The coach talks to the media every single day. The coach's comments are the lede of 50% of the articles in the paper the day after a game.

Oh my god this new Old Spice commercial has terrified/horrified me too much to remember my train of thought wtf.

Top Bottom