• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

cube444

Isn't he like 21 or 22 years old?
ERRRRR

Seguin is a pretty boy who doesn't like playoff hockey. He's the guy who gets you there and then passes the baton to Chara, Bergeron and Lucic. You can argue the trade but the Bruins will not be hurt by losing Seguin.

Marvie_3

Banned
ib40mFuTCjfpH.gif

Sanjuro

I know Boston sports fans are spoiled but new coaches don't arrive WITH championships. It would take our non-English speaker at least a year to deliver, but knowing Boston no longer than a single season lately.

And your quibble has no impact on the example at hand - the large majority of people in Quebec speak only French. A coach who didn't speak the language would be at a serious disadvantage with the media and fans. That's an important part of the job.

It has nothing to do with championships. Being a Boston sports fan, I'm dealing with heavy media attention to all four sports. Teams are compared to one another here, everything is under a microscope.

I'm also not far from Quebec. I understand it's a popular language, but I'm not going to cave in and suggest that English should be blacklisted.

Eriksson is a solid player, was putting up 70+ points a year with Dallas, the concussion screwed up his season but then that's a risk that can happen to any player. If Seguin gets concussed is it suddenly a fleecing the other way? Only think I will say against that trade is the age difference between Seguin and Eriksson since they were the 2 center pieces of the deal. As you pointed out though you also got Reilly Smith at 22 years old and he's having a very good season.

Pretty much. That's the realistic way to look at it. Even if Seguin doesn't get hurt, he is still the top talent on that team. He has more pull with the Dallas Stars, who are struggling to find their identity. Working out for them fantastically at the moment.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
0-3 with 2 goals since. Tokarski better be in net Saturday, and hopefully he keeps Vanek with DD's line and keeps the EGG line together. Call up Beaulieu too, his skating compliments Murray, playing Tinordi with Murray is just another ridiculous decision by the coaching staff.

I still can't believe his answer was putting Bouillon back into the lineup, how stupid can you be?

I'd say that he understands, but those fans are foaming at the mouth. It's incredible really. Don't see anything like that around here anymore. Rabid and passionate.

The fans were pretty much asleep this entire game, the rivalry has died down a bit, but that may be due to Montreal's recent success against the Bruins. The booing was pretty lethargic by Montreal standards.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I still can't believe his answer was putting Bouillon back into the lineup, how stupid can you be?
I don't understand what management was thinking. When Beaulieu was with Murray, Murray played his best hockey and only looked marginally bad. A Habs writer said management wasn't happy with his response to being sent down to the AHL again, and if true that's straight horse shit. You don't pair the kid who's 6'6 with one of the slowest, and worse guys in the league.

Sanjuro

The fans were pretty much asleep this entire game, the rivalry has died down a bit, but that may be due to Montreal's recent success against the Bruins. The booing was pretty lethargic by Montreal standards.

We also haven't beaten you in a while like that. They were pissed and left the arena.

I want a postseason matchup. No matter how fun the Toronto series was, BOS/MTL is my favorite rivalry on the planet.

Red_Man

Bouillon led the entire team in TOI

Hahahahahahahahhahahahahahhaha

Kill me. What a joke.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Seguin is a pretty boy who doesn't like playoff hockey. He's the guy who gets you there and then passes the baton to Chara, Bergeron and Lucic. You can argue the trade but the Bruins will not be hurt by losing Seguin.

I don't think losing Seguin is the problem, but could the return have been better?

It didn't seem like Chiarelli really shopped Seguin around, probably out of respect for him, but if he was made available to everyone, I'm sure 29 GMs would be trying to outdo one another in a trade.

Edit: I guess most teams weren't able to part with a 30 goal scorer entering his prime either.

calder

Man I wish TSN would stop talking about the standings and playoffs in relation to this game. Neither team is going to be close, it doesn't matter, just quit it.

Fucki the loser point and the illusion of fake "parity" it gives.

Sanjuro

I don't think losing Seguin is the problem, but could the return have been better?

It didn't seem like Chiarelli really shopped Seguin around, probably out of respect for him, but if he was made available to everyone, I'm sure 29 GMs would be trying to outdo one another in a trade.

I'm not sure what else you could have gotten. Most GMs were well aware of the worst kept secret and not willing to bend over backwards.

Reilly Smith has been fantastic. Between him and Krug coming into their own, it's been better than anything Seguin has done here....and I loved Seguin.

Red_Man

The 38 year old, who hasn't played since before the Olympic break led the team in ice time. Un-fucking-believable.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Let's take this to the shootout where we'll lose for sure at least

EDIT: Though with Burrows rejuvenated he'll probably score :lol

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Bouillon led the entire team in TOI

Hahahahahahahahhahahahahahhaha

Kill me. What a joke.

LMAO

I'm not sure what else you could have gotten. Most GMs were well aware of the worst kept secret and not willing to bend over backwards.

Reilly Smith has been fantastic. Between him and Krug coming into their own, it's been better than anything Seguin has done here....and I loved Seguin.

I guess most teams also weren't able to give up a 30 goal scorer entering his prime, and Boston didn't want a bunch of picks or prospects. Didn't realise Smith had been so good for you guys.

Sanjuro

LMAO

I guess most teams also weren't able to give up a 30 goal scorer entering his prime, and Boston didn't want a bunch of picks or prospects. Didn't realise Smith had been so good for you guys.

Nobody was willing to give that up. You were looking for a prospect and a player who could compete reasonably at the professional level out of the gate. I think we achieved that, although, I feel bad for Loul.

I'm not a fan of concussions. I still mourn Savard every day of my existence. He was my favorite skater since Bourque left.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Burrows scored twice and we won. In a shootout.

I'll be looking for flying pigs.

Top Bottom