• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Sanjuro

You guys are REALLY underestimating how much the coach means to an organization outside what he does with the players. The coach talks to the media every single day. The coach's comments are the lede of 50% of the articles in the paper the day after a game.

I'm from Boston. I have a complete understanding on how much a coach means to an organization and dealing with obligations from the media.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Still mad he sent Seguin to our division.
Can't believe he gave him up for what they did, he's going to be tearing it up with Benn for the next decade.

Besides the fact he still isn't 100% and I've already proven you wrong...LOL.
You're literally the only person who thinks that it wasn't a bad trade, which all things considering should be expected.

Sanjuro

Your team traded away probably one the best young centres in the game right now

His performance as a Bruin and outside are very different things. He wasn't a center here either. Same deal with the Kessel argument. You're debating handcuffed performance to team strength.

Sanjuro

You're literally the only person who thinks that it wasn't a bad trade, which all things considering should be expected.

Again, coming from you that's a compliment. You also still have no clue what your talking about outside of bigoted discussion and such.

I liked Seguin. He simply wouldn't be performing in the same manner in a Bruins uniform. At least not with this team/coaching staff.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
You guys are REALLY underestimating how much the coach means to an organization outside what he does with the players. The coach talks to the media every single day. The coach's comments are the lede of 50% of the articles in the paper the day after a game.

Oh my god this new Old Spice commercial has terrified/horrified me too much to remember my train of thought wtf.

Well you try to deal with having Dumbass Therrien as your coach and see how much you like it. I think his most used phrase is "I don't know", and the only time he hasn't used the usual cliches is when he's calling out the teams best defenceman, and apologising for the shitty veterans.

Samyy

His performance as a Bruin and outside are very different things. He wasn't a center here either. Same deal with the Kessel argument. You're debating handcuffed performance to team strength.

It's stupid to judge his play based on a season so early in his career.
Krejci and Bergeron are not going to be around forever, and you don't always get so lucky drafting players like that again.

calder

I'm from Boston. I have a complete understanding on how much a coach means to an organization and dealing with obligations from the media.
Ok, then tell me if the Red Sox or Patriots hired a coach who only spoke Spanish it wouldn't be a problem.

Red_Man

Again, coming from you that's a compliment. You also still have no clue what your talking about outside of bigoted discussion and such
Does anyone take you seriously? It doesn't matter if he didn't fit into your system the return the Bruins got for one of the best young centers in the league is a joke.

Sanjuro

It's stupid to judge his play based on a season so early in his career.
Krejci and Bergeron are not going to be around forever, and you don't always get so lucky drafting players like that again.

Absolutely. I'm not judging his play on his early career, I'm judging it on his career here. It just wouldn't have worked for the time being. If this was when the Bruins were at a low point again, I would be absolutely crushed on him leaving.

Ok, then tell me if the Red Sox or Patriots hired a coach who only spoke Spanish it wouldn't be a problem.

If they delivered our teams to championships? Absolutely not a problem. In fact, it would help them in dealing with the media.

Again, you're using a different argument. English is still the most spoken language of both countries.

Sanjuro

Does anyone take you seriously? It doesn't matter if he didn't fit into your system the return the Bruins got for one of the best young centers in the league is a joke.

Probably more than people take you seriously. All you do is show up and troll, never anything else. I even messaged you on it and you just hammed it up more.

We received Erikkson and Smith. Both players have produced for us this regular season, and one of them has been dealing with severe concussion issues.

Red_Man

Probably more than people take you seriously. All you do is show up and troll, never anything else. I even messaged you on it and you just hammed it up more.
You're pretty clueless, I'm starting to feel bad for you and think there's something else going behind your posting history. Whatever helps you sleep at night man.

Sanjuro

Again, people blindly will look at Seguin right now.

Our return is playing close to par of what Seguin is doing right now, beyond what he was doing in Boston. Individuals arguing the immediate return simply don't know much about hockey.

You're pretty clueless, I'm starting to feel bad for you and think there's something else going behind your posting history. Whatever helps you sleep at night man.

This is a poster who doesn't know anything about hockey. I'm sorry we're beating you tonight, but like some of your Hab fans on here, take a fucking hint.

Red_Man

I guess everyone else here that believes it was a bad trade and all the media guys who think it was a bad trade are all wrong and know nothing about hockey too! It's alright to admit you were fleeced it happens every once in a while :)

Sanjuro

I guess everyone else here that believes it was a bad trade and all the media guys who think it was a bad trade are all wrong and know nothing about hockey too! It's alright to admit you were fleeced it happens every once in a while :)

Only people who are looking at pure talent. Is Seguin better than any of the individual talent we received? Absolutely. Would he play up to that level when we need him to? Absolutely not. It's that simple.

Again, sorry your team lost. It was a good game. Maybe one day you'll understand sports.

Red_Man

Three games in and Vanek is already treated to the fans booing this shit team.

#FireTherrien
0-3 with 2 goals since. Tokarski better be in net Saturday, and hopefully he keeps Vanek with DD's line and keeps the EGG line together. Call up Beaulieu too, his skating compliments Murray, playing Tinordi with Murray is just another ridiculous decision by the coaching staff.

Sanjuro

Three games in and Vanek is already treated to the fans booing this shit team.

#FireTherrien

I'd say that he understands, but those fans are foaming at the mouth. It's incredible really. Don't see anything like that around here anymore. Rabid and passionate.

yyzjohn

Banned

We received Erikkson and Smith. Both players have produced for us this regular season, and one of them has been dealing with severe concussion issues.

Eriksson is a solid player, was putting up 70+ points a year with Dallas, the concussion screwed up his season but then that's a risk that can happen to any player. If Seguin gets concussed is it suddenly a fleecing the other way? Only think I will say against that trade is the age difference between Seguin and Eriksson since they were the 2 center pieces of the deal. As you pointed out though you also got Reilly Smith at 22 years old and he's having a very good season.

Sanjuro

Isn't he like 21 or 22 years old?
ERRRRR

Yes. If we have a chance to win a cup and during that duration he isn't developing, what's the point? I rather see him go off and become a great player than waste here and hit low notes.

Seguin is a more complete player than people like to imagine.

calder

If they delivered our teams to championships? Absolutely not a problem. In fact, it would help them in dealing with the media.

Again, you're using a different argument. English is still the most spoken language of both countries.
I know Boston sports fans are spoiled but new coaches don't arrive WITH championships. It would take our non-English speaker at least a year to deliver, but knowing Boston no longer than a single season lately.

And your quibble has no impact on the example at hand - the large majority of people in Quebec speak only French. A coach who didn't speak the language would be at a serious disadvantage with the media and fans. That's an important part of the job.

Top Bottom