• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Who thought it would be a good idea to keep on this camera angle for this long? or at all? This fucking sucks.

Seriously, I can't follow the game AT ALL.

Like this goal. I didn't see it coming at all. Ridiculous.

SEABROOK WITH THE GOOOAAAAL

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Imagine Pierre as a coach, he'd be changing his lines every 10 seconds trying to get his perfect matchups and forget to do anything else.

Imagine Pierre as a coach, he'd be changing his lines every 10 seconds trying to get his perfect matchups and forget to do anything else.

We said he was full of himself.

Many times he privately said after a game how he outcoached the other guy. But it was something never really made public until May 3, when McGuire proclaimed that no coach in the NHL ``can outwit me.'' That quote ran in The Hockey News and raised eyebrows all over the NHL.

His fascination with trying to outwit the other coach may hurt the Whalers in the long run. Instead of playing kids such as Robert Petrovicky or Kevin Smyth long after it was apparent the team was out of the playoff race, McGuire would fastidiously match lines, go with aging veterans and make sure certain faceoff alignments were always followed. Instead of development, he seemed just to want to squeeze out two points.

Once when he was an assistant coach, McGuire bragged about his strategy to shut down Mario Lemieux. This was after a 7-3 loss and four goals by Kevin Stevens.

On the bench, players said McGuire would taunt the other team, saying he couldn't believe the opposing coach was allowing him certain line matchups. This braggadocio led Pittsburgh's Jaromir Jagr to mock McGuire in December. McGuire got Jagr for an illegal stick, and after Jagr jumped out of the penalty box, he scored on a breakaway. Although he had scored big goals in two Stanley Cup championships, Jagr called this overtime goal the biggest of his life because he humbled ``that know-it-all.''

I was going to say this has to have been the least hyped outdoor game and then I remembered the Rangers played the Islanders on a Wednesday.......completely forgot that was a thing

Top Bottom