• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

MPW

It really speaks to the weakness of the East this season that the Habs or the Leafs are likely getting the third seed.

Boston is going to the Cup. Again. And losing to whichever West team. Again.

1346512449841.jpg

calder

Guess where I am? I'll give you all a hint: the Jets are winning at home.

It's rough I know, but you being banned from MTS Centre had to be done, your streak defied fancy stats and all human understanding. :/

Man what I would give for a Buff hatty. It would be nuts, can't believe he almost had his third on a breakaway.

Fei

I think he lowered his demands to 6x6 the last time he spoke with the Rangers. Too much money IMO.

He did, but that was for the Rangers, without any other teams being able to offer him stupid money. With the cap going way up, I'd expect he'll have a few offers better than 6x6.

I'm fine with the money if Tallon goes for Cally but the term scares me. 6 years is a long time for a crash and bang player who's already been a regular on IR. Could easily turn to a Havlat situation.

I'm fine with the money if Tallon goes for Cally but the term scares me. 6 years is a long time for a crash and bang player who's already been a regular on IR. Could easily turn to a Havlat situation.

Even though Havlat never hit anything bigger than a honeybee I can see your point.

I still think Callahan would be a great investment on almost every team in the league for 6m but yes the term would scare me.

That's why I(and many other Wild fans) are hoping to offer Vanek like 8m or whatever but only at four or five years. Beyond that it's just a big question mark.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
That's why I(and many other Wild fans) are hoping to offer Vanek like 8m or whatever but only at four or five years. Beyond that it's just a big question mark.
He's not testing free agency so he can sign for only 4-5 years. You go to free agency to get maximum cash and term.

It really speaks to the weakness of the East this season that the Habs or the Leafs are likely getting the third seed.

Boston is going to the Cup. Again. And losing to whichever West team. Again.

As long as Flyers eliminate the Pens in Round 1, I'm okay with this.

Acid08

Banned
Watching the Olympics episode of NHL Revealed and Brown's wife blames Tarasenko for Dustin kneeing him.

Boy, their kids are sure gonna be some winners.

zroid

Banned
Cosmos OT: half-"man, science is awesome!", half-"I wonder how the will theists respond?! lol!"

There was one point, right before they cut to commercials, where he posed the question: "Why is evolution still disputed?" and then he looked skyward. I thought that was funny, lol.

Although after the commercials ended you find out he was looking up at the tree branches.

Quick

Banned
There was one point, right before they cut to commercials, where he posed the question: "Why is evolution still disputed?" and then he looked skyward. I thought that was funny, lol.

Although after the commercials ended you find out he was looking up at the tree branches.

Haven't seen the new episode yet, so thanks for spoiling such a pivotal moment, Jets fan.

But really, some people in that OT come off as really insecure about their own beliefs. Just enjoy the damn show.

zroid

Banned
Haven't seen the new episode yet, so thanks for spoiling such a pivotal moment, Jets fan.

But really, some people in that OT come off as really insecure about their own beliefs. Just enjoy the damn show.

oh crap, I thought you were making an "Off-Topic" post about today's Cosmos episode, not a post about the Cosmos OT. :lol

OT is the worst abbreviation ever :(

Cosmos OT: half-"man, science is awesome!", half-"I wonder how the will theists respond?! lol!"

I used to work with a guy that was the Webster's definition of bigot, but loved Cosmos and Sagan. I can only imagine the unbridled rage at this less subtle approach.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

In your face, "I'm smarter than you are" atheist are just as annoying as over zealous religious types who try to force their beliefs on you.

I didn't realize we knocked Buffalo out of the playoffs tonight.
tumblr_ltci43ovez1qba57ko1_400.gif

Socreges

Banned
9 stitches just above my eyebrow today, about 2 inches in length, forms an upside down Y. Fucking gnarly. Should leave an awesome scar, though

I actually tried to get back on the field before the whistle blew so I could be eligible for PKs, but we don't have the same resources as NHL teams :(

zroid

Banned
I can't deal with this. I'll renounce the Jets if you'll take me back Quick. ;_;

also: I tried to lip read Carlyle after the Caps scored the empty net goal... "SHIT. FUCKING CHRIST. WELL, FUCK THAT."

Socreges

Banned
Burrows on Luongo: "I got the chance to see him pregame, talked to him a little bit, and asked him to let me score. And uh, shows you how much of a good friend he is." :lol

Jensen's shootout goal was pretty nice. Kid has great hands. Just needs to bring other parts of his game around.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Burrows on Luongo: "I got the chance to see him pregame, talked to him a little bit, and asked him to let me score. And uh, shows you how much of a good friend he is." :lol

Jensen's shootout goal was pretty nice. Kid has great hands. Just needs to bring other parts of his game around.

Who translated that statement for him?

No way he said that. In English.

Top Bottom