• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Fucking christ, the more I think about that, the more ridiculous it is.

Kane has ONE even strength goal the entire year while on the ice with Zeus. ONE. Why the fuck would you put Handzus at 2C? Okay, Teravainen probably won't be ready for 2C in the playoffs. Put fucking Shaw or even Smith up there. Not the most useless fucking player on the team who can't skate for shit.

I would rather have Kruger as 2C with Kane than Handzus. That's saying a lot.

Socreges

Banned
I said he's struggled in the NHL but he's not immune to having a good game. Plus it's day 2 of a B2B with Lack already having an injury scare yesterday? Seems like it would make sense to go with the back up, unless there is no confidence in said back up.
I'd guess Lack is fine and they want to give him as much experience as possible since he's apparently the new #1. And Torts did say Markstrom is "not ready yet" so yeah.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Farhan Lalji said this the other day:

Torts would not confirm starter vs TBay, but Im told Lack will likely keep starting until the #canucks are mathematically eliminated from PS

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
In the best news of the week, supposedly Glen Sather is considering retiring IF the Rangers make the playoffs this season.

Time to go 13-0-0 down the stretch, boys!

Mr.Green

revenge%20of%20the%20nerds.png

Merguson

Banned
In the best news of the week, supposedly Glen Sather is considering retiring IF the Rangers make the playoffs this season.

Time to go 13-0-0 down the stretch, boys!

That's just random. So he wouldn't retire if they missed the playoffs? Is there a playoff appearance quota he wants to meet?

The #Sabres have recalled goaltender Matt Hackett from the Rochester Americans of the American Hockey League (AHL).

This is going to be one hell of a road trip.

fallout

Why is every damn movie released in 3D these days? Just give us regular folks the option of watching it without it being a blurry disaster.
I'm blind in my right eye, so I don't even get any of the 3D effect. I'm just paying a bit extra for corrective lensing. That said, I'm usually able to find non-3D versions of movies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That's just random. So he wouldn't retire if they missed the playoffs? Is there a playoff appearance quota he wants to meet?

I think the rationale is that if we miss the playoffs he would want to correct his mistakes.

Because obviously Glen Sather is the solution to the problems that Glen Sather's management has caused with the team. Or something. Who the fuck knows. The expectation is that he'd move to a different position in the organization rather than leaving the team entirely.

Regardless, retirement is the only way we're going to get a new GM. Glen Sather's position is for life, according to Dolan.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I can't make this up...

Chuck Pleiness @wingsfrontman
Follow

The Wings have recalled Landon Ferraro from GR on an emergency basis. Abdelkader suffered a lower-body injury in Sunday's game.

Detroit now has only 3 forwards playing that started the season on the team; Miller, Franzen, and Alfredsson.

So yeah, I'm now officially blaming injuries as the reason Detroit's playoff streak ended. No team can play the way they should when you don't have 3 of your 4 lines in the line up.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2014/03/red_wings_recall_landon_ferrar.html
Helm has setback; Weiss going for second opinion

Darren Helm (concussion) has had a setback. It doesn’t appear he will return soon.

Helm hasn’t played since March 4. He was unable to practice on Saturday but skated on Sunday with a couple of other injured players.

Stephen Weiss (hernia surgery) will go for a second opinion and is not close to returning.

Daniel Cleary has had fluid drained from his knee twice and hasn’t practiced in a couple of weeks.

Weiss and Cleary skated Monday during the team’s day off.

Jonas Gustavsson (groin) skated Monday and is close to returning.

Joakim Andersson, who has a hairline fracture in his foot, will be out at least another week, likely longer.

Tomas Jurco (broken rib) will be reassessed next week.

Pavel Datsyuk, who the club said on March 5 would be shut down for three weeks due to his knee injury, will be reassessed in a week to 10 days.

The Red Wings still hope Henrik Zetterberg (back surgery) can return in the playoffs, if the team makes it.

Socreges

Banned
Makes sense. Run a rookie goaltender into the ground for 9th place.
Makes sense from an 'always try to make the playoffs' standpoint which, to be fair, is what they should be doing (I'd rather they not, of course). Not like Lack can't handle these starts down the stretch.

I don't doubt that Farhan is right but it's funny to parcel his tweet and realize that anyone could have told him that given how he qualifies it.

Sanjuro

Thanks Pierre, I know where every Wild player played in college now.

The only good thing about Pierre is one time David Ortiz met him and thought he was Terry Francona for a moment.

Other than that, he touches kids, and gives me useless knowledge.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So Subban now has his own web site with his own web series where he talks about things while eating dinner with Gord Miller:

http://vimeo.com/88483906

I enjoy how one of the top stories on his site is about his relationship with Therrien.

#Classless

Top Bottom