• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Quick

Banned
I'm sorry I don't have context.

bropnT3.gif

This makes sense.

Brutal loss for the Jets tonight. They really needed that one. Ward played a hell of a game (unfortunately).

Oh well, there's always next year!

ZeroGravity

We're really going to end up playing you guys, aren't we? This sucks.
If it's anything like the season series, I'd say it'll end up being extremely even.

Tampa will have a few issues going into the playoffs, notably a lack of experience in its roster and Bishop likely being overworked.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
If it's anything like the season series, I'd say it'll end up being extremely even.

Tampa will have a few issues going into the playoffs, notably a lack of experience in its roster and Bishop likely being overworked.
It'll definitely be close, I'm worried about Bishop stealing it, Habs shooters have issues with him.

Tabris

PHX and WPG loses. Good day for Nucks fans.

Basically we need to win 3 more games than DAL and PHX. If they go .500 we got this!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
PHX and WPG loses. Good day for Nucks fans.

Basically we need to win 3 more games than DAL and PHX. If they go .500 we got this!

shut. up.

Worst case we'll end up just a few points above Car/Sens/Jets/Devils. That'd suck.

trifelife

Edmonton, man. The quality of their hockey team perfectly mirrors the quality of life in that shithole of a city.

Curtis Glencross hat trick lol

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Best/worst that we're finishing is 11th overall pick

Depending on how we do/how our direct competition (NJ/Jets/Carolina/Perds/Sens) do, we can get as high as 6th overall. The teams between 6th and 11th are separated by 2 games in hand/5 points.

Socreges

Banned
i like how tabris would prefer a first round exit over a higher draft pick
Occasionally Tabris exits character and gives us some insight into his mania. He doesn't believe the shit he says, trust me. He just likes being that unique snowflake that goes against the throng.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Oilers goal song is a Pitbull song, good to see the organization is complete shit from top to bottom.

Cake Boss

Banned
At least we're not Edmonton.

Lol Eakins, his best player and his captain accidentally gets water on his suit, lets bench him and I'll go change suits at the period so I can lose in spectacular fashion against Calgary, at least I will look good and dry doing it though. And I sent a great message to the players, play like shit and you get ice time, spill water on me and there will be hell.

I hope Philips spills water on Maclean soon.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
What's truly amazing is that seemingly every team (other than the Sens lol) that was trying to compete for a playoff spot in the East has stepped it up big in the last couple weeks. Flyers, Rangers, Habs, Blue Jackets, Red Wings, Caps, Lightning.

Meanwhile, in Toronto...
We are a bubble team and I'm going to look on the bright side. Miss playoffs means a good chance we'll get change in coaching and management. Make playoffs means more experience and a first round loss hopefully means a coaching and management change...

People keep saying bubububut your players aren't getting it done blah blah always blame the coach. The players, especially Clarkson, aren't likely going anywhere with those contracts. Carlyle's system is clearly not suited to this team and if he insists on being stubborn and forcing a square into a round peg, he has to go. I would prefer an Oil firing of Eakins cause they're a joke organization like that, and bring him back here. Otherwise, we'll have to look in the AHL for a future coach or maybe an assistant in the NHL?

Edmonton, man. The quality of their hockey team perfectly mirrors the quality of life in that shithole of a city.

Curtis Glencross hat trick lol
I lived there until I was around 14/15. Shithole of a city and tons of racism. My family still there says it hasn't really changed.

At least we're not Edmonton.

Lol Eakins, his best player and his captain accidentally gets water on his suit, lets bench him and I'll go change suits at the period so I can lose in spectacular fashion against Calgary, at least I will look good and dry doing it though. And I sent a great message to the players, play like shit and you get ice time, spill water on me and there will be hell.

I hope Philips spills water on Maclean soon.

Doesn't MacLean live in the water?

sammich

Ive been saying this since the season started, but if the leafs goaltenders werent standing on their heads so often they would be challenging edmonton/calgary for the bottom 4. Saying that they have still iet in the 5th most goals in the league.
And
LOL fucking edmonton. Something special up there all right. The flames have scored more than the oilers and their high flying offense and have blown up the Canucks and Oilers coaches this year. Year 1 of a fucking awesome rebuild.

Sanjuro

Remember the time people thought we got fleeced for Seguin?

iNlFlQc1tEMQW.gif

Couldn't have played out any better. Crazy win streak into Monday night showdown with the Habs. Fun hockey is fun.

People keep saying bubububut your players aren't getting it done blah blah always blame the coach. The players, especially Clarkson, aren't likely going anywhere with those contracts.

I get the vibe that a large part of Clarkson's (and Kadri's, and Gardiner's, and Reimer's) continued poor/average form is a result of their relationship with Carlyle. Seems like Lupul in Anaheim.

Carlyle's system is clearly not suited to this team and if he insists on being stubborn and forcing a square into a round peg, he has to go.

He's always been a poor fit.

I think he goes, if not by Nonis then by Leiweke, even if the team makes the playoffs. At the very least, you can't have a coach who disdains the idea of youth development when you have a front office/ownership that sees the team in a development period.

pringles

HOPE!!!

Just need Columbus and Detroit to pass Toronto and all will be well.
Feels like Detroit's been 1-3 points behind Toronto with 1-2 games in hand all season. They never get over that hump to actually pass them. Wouldn't expect them to now either. 4 wins in a row? That can't have happened in a few years for us.

Then again, Nyquist seems to be on a 1-man mission to get us into the playoffs so there is indeed HOPE!

Samyy

Wings are trash, didn't you hear? There is absolutely no way they are even a part of the playoff conversation!

Tabris redeemed!
Honestly I think its amazing that they're doing so well with their best players injured -cough- Leafs management stop making excuses -cough-

I think he goes, if not by Nonis then by Leiweke, even if the team makes the playoffs. At the very least, you can't have a coach who disdains the idea of youth development when you have a front office/ownership that sees the team in a development period.

I remember when Leiweke came in here there was a lot of stuff being talked about him "interfering" on the hockey side so I don't know if he's going to be bold and actually make a move on Nonis or Carlyle. Seeing what he's doing with TFC does give me hope that he knows what he's doing though, and I hope he does step in but I can see the media eviscerating him for it, which may make him hesitant.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Oh wow just saw the Edmonton score.

I swear I was told last night that they're doing it right alternating the goalies. :3

Feels like Detroit's been 1-3 points behind Toronto with 1-2 games in hand all season. They never get over that hump to actually pass them. Wouldn't expect them to now either. 4 wins in a row? That can't have happened in a few years for us.

Then again, Nyquist seems to be on a 1-man mission to get us into the playoffs so there is indeed HOPE!

It happened to end last year actually which got us in and it happened twice this year. But their luck has to run out here soon.

Top Bottom