• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Sanjuro

Tabris redeemed!
Honestly I think its amazing that they're doing so well with their best players injured -cough- Leafs management stop making excuses -cough-

Yup. To be fair, I think you guys are the flukiest team at the moment. From this point forward you live or die by the Reimer, which is an adventure in itself. Very curious how things pan out, because more often than not lately he has looked great.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Its really just once sentence with big font that spells out "TANK FOR MCDAVID"

As the beacon of hope I will shoot this down.

We cannot outtank any of the really shitty teams, we are and will be a playoff bubble team for years to come.

edit: Unless you're willing to cripple Bernier and Kessel.

Sanjuro

We cannot outtank any of the really shitty teams, we are and will be a playoff bubble team for years to come.

You could trade Kessel for all the draft picks.

I want to believe Nonis has a bit of Burke inside of him.

Samyy

edit: Unless you're willing to cripple Bernier and Kessel.

Better yet, I'll just cripple Bozak - that way I get rid of two of my problems muhahaha
Kessel's sadness will sideline him for the season without doing any permanent harm!

You could trade Kessel for all the draft picks.

I want to believe Nonis has a bit of Burke inside of him.

I wouldn't trade Kessel for draft picks, but I would for a legit #1C.

Upon further research Reimers even strength save % is .922, so looks like his play on the PK or the PK itself has been the problem.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Playoffs or not personally I think we'll have to end up trading some combination of all or most of the following players to "fix" this core:

Lupul, Kadri, Gardiner

They're the only players we have that people would possibly be interested in to move decent assets and even then.

Burke/Nonis have done well to finally give us some sort of depth on the farm but the problem is most of those guys are 3-4 seasons away.

Samyy

Problem with trading Kadri is that we are already very thin up the middle, even in the farm so the only way he gets dealt is for another centre, or if Gardiner is moved for a centre.

It would make me sad to trade Gardiner after the last 10 games or so though :(

Problem with trading Kadri is that we are already very thin up the middle, even in the farm so the only way he gets dealt is for another centre, or if Gardiner is moved for a centre.

Move Clarkson to centre.

He has all the intangibles to do it.

Merguson

Banned
If the Leafs miss the playoffs, I'm sure Nonis would let Carlyle go. I said it before. Nonis wasn't firing Carlyle this season, giving him a chance.

I think Nonis wanted Eakins instead of Carlyle as well. Burke thought otherwise.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Step 1 is getting a coach that doesn't antagonize his own players and will work with Nonis etc. to develop the youth.

That last point is actually the more important factor here since Carlyle has been on record that he isn't going to develop young players.

Also it would be great to have a fourth line.

D'Amigo/McClement/Ashton only in dreams...

If the Leafs miss the playoffs, I'm sure Nonis would let Carlyle go. I said it before. Nonis wasn't firing Carlyle this season, giving him a chance.

I think Nonis wanted Eakins instead of Carlyle as well. Burke thought otherwise.

Barring a run to the conference finals I think he's going to let Carlyle go.

zroid

Banned
How much would Leiweke have to pay Clarkson off under the table to fake an injury putting him on LTIR for the next 6 years?

Cake Boss

Banned
lol bag skate, a litte too late there dirtbag coach.

At this point I would take Carlyle or Thierrien instead, at least their teams have an identity, ours doesnt have shit.

C'mon Islanders, you have nothing to lose, sink them Blue Jackets

NL0EuSy.gif

yyzjohn

Banned

Gardiner and Kadri aren't going anywhere, Carlyle is.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The joke is on you guys man. Habs have ensured that Therrien stays and Carlyle goes. :)
I'd be surprised if Therrien makes it through next season, he only has 1 more year on his contract. He was suppose to be a transition coach, we need a new face to take the kids to the next level.

Top Bottom