• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Samyy

Ah the geniuses are out in full force tonight

BjdZ8AyIQAEIBjp.jpg:large

:LOL

ZeroGravity

Updated chances of making the playoffs:
99.9% - Tampa Bay
99.6% - Los Angeles
98.1% - Montreal
97.3% - Philadelphia
95.0% - New York Rangers
93.6% - Minnesota
68.9% - Detroit
56.6% - Columbus
54.9% - Phoenix
48.1% - Dallas
34.5% - Toronto
31.8% - Washington
16.4% - New Jersey
02.8% - Vancouver
01.2% - Carolina
00.6% - Winnipeg
00.3% - Ottawa

Indeed. I didn't know it was possible for this Buffalo Sabres team to score 2 goals on it's first 5 shots against an NHL team's starting goalie until today.

I did already know it was possible for this Sabres team to blow a two goal lead and allow 40 shots, though.

Tabris

Only in a Bizzaro world would someone hate you for wanting your team to make the playoffs for a chance to win the Stanley Cup.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Only in a Bizzaro world would someone hate you for wanting your team to make the playoffs for a chance to win the Stanley Cup.
Are you by chance also a climate change denier? You don't really seem to be a fan of facts.

If you're going to be good; be good.
If you're going to be bad; be good at being bad.

Unless you're the 2012 LA Kings or the 2010 Philadelphia Flyers. Which the Canucks ain't. They don't have the star power to do that.

Oh, boy. Do you got to get to know the Estevez family!

There is Emilio, Charlie, Ramon, Martin, Joe! Probably another dozen more I'm missing.

Joe Estevez is where the party is at.

I don't know what you're trying to be, but it's terrible.

Acid08

Banned
So the Canucks could potentially play the Blues, Sharks, or Ducks in the first round right? Tabby, do you honestly think the Nucks could win against any of those teams in the playoffs?

So the Canucks could potentially play the Blues, Sharks, or Ducks in the first round right? Tabby, do you honestly think the Nucks could win against any of those teams in the playoffs?

Anything is possibahaha

I just assumed you were a real Mighty Ducks fan. :/

Anyway. Joe is a notable b-movie actor often featured on MST3k.

I haven't watched any of them since the 90s.

Didn't even know Joe was a thing.

Maybe the Ducks in some weird Tabris voodoo thing.

hhhhHHHNNNGGGG

kingslunk

Dallas has got to win tomorrow night and just pray and hope the coyotes lose. Then they need to take it to Chicago and grab a win in Chicago.

If we lose tomorrow and Phoenix wins I think I can safely say the Stars will not be making the playoffs.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck... I come home from my game to see the Wings lost 4-3 in OT after giving up 2 in the 3rd (shocking no one, I know), but Tatar Sauce scored and we got a point, so meh. On the plus side, my team lost 4-1, but while shaking hands with the other team one of their guys told me he enjoyed my "awesome moves out there". Too bad I didn't score on any of them :(

Acid08

Banned
Been thinking about which player I want on one of these new home sweaters. Main candidates are: Jumbo, Pavs, Burns, Vlasic, Wingels, Couture, and Hertl. But I'm pretty much down to Vlasic, Burns, or Wingels.

Kinda just want to go for Wingels. Great player and huge YCP supporter. Dude is just the greatest.

Spl1nter

I refuse to believe the players are so bad that they give 40 shots a game so often, it has to be the system. Its just baffling, I don't even understand.

I'm inclined to agree, but I don't watch as many of their games as you guys obviously. Regardless this style they're playing now doesn't lead to the cup.

It has been talked about before and detailed but the position Carlyle forces his players to take in the defensive zone is what causes for so many shots against and difficulty in exiting the zone. It is pretty ridiculous how far down and in he has the wingers collapse. The leafs basically ignore the point.

Blues need 7W or 14PTS in the last 11 games to stay on top of Chicago even if Chicago wins every game of their last 10. ROW goes to Blues pretty much guaranteed due to CHI's ridiculous number of loser points.

Also regarding Vancouver's chances, I'm relatively sure that College Football ended with similar chances this year. Granted, we're talking about much fuzzier data, less of it and some really flukey games that created those odds. Not that that's anything to rally around.

It has been talked about before and detailed but the position Carlyle forces his players to take in the defensive zone is what causes for so many shots against and difficulty in exiting the zone. It is pretty ridiculous how far down and in he has the wingers collapse. The leafs basically ignore the point.

Yup!

Just look at shots against:

- In Carlyle's last 2 full seasons in Anaheim, the team was 29th and and 27th.

- In his 2 seasons in Toronto, the team was 27th last year and 30th this year.

Hilarious, considering a winger is supposed to cover the points in the defensive zone. Want to counter attack? Not gonna happen.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Also the funny line matching sure doesnt help when they have the 3rd and 4th line doing a bunch of offensive zone draws and the 1st and 2nd line doing defensive zone draws.

One thing i dont understand is why the leafs always skate the puck into the boards...

Happens so much on offense and defense

kingslunk

Been thinking about which player I want on one of these new home sweaters. Main candidates are: Jumbo, Pavs, Burns, Vlasic, Wingels, Couture, and Hertl. But I'm pretty much down to Vlasic, Burns, or Wingels.

Kinda just want to go for Wingels. Great player and huge YCP supporter. Dude is just the greatest.

If I was a sharks fan id have a Pavelski sweater. Second up would be Burns or Thorton

SPREAD YOUR WINGELS!

Vlasic has that Canadian Gold though... And Hertl is alwalys fun :)

Socreges

Banned
Sweet plays by Kassian tonight.

Shame they led to a Canucks win. Bad Kassian.

Indeed. I didn't know it was possible for this Buffalo Sabres team to score 2 goals on it's first 5 shots against an NHL team's starting goalie until today.
First goal was a sweet shot off the post. Second goal wasn't even a shot but a 'Stanton Special'. Lack played well.

That Buffalo goalie, though. Oof

Marvie just won Best Thing A Guy Could Do To A Ducks Fan award.

I'm holding a Starter Mighty Ducks home jersey <333333333

AUGH FUCK ME THIS IS AWESOME

Big respect to Marvie <3

Top Bottom