• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I thought I'd look at the Canucks' upcoming schedule since they seem to not quite be dying out just yet in that wild card race, and holy shit at that next 5.

@ Avs
vs. Ducks
vs. Rangers
vs. Kings
vs. Ducks

LOL, Tabris pls

I hope we lose all of them. We've distanced ourselves from a top10 draft pick too much. Heck, even Toronto is falling to our level now.

Socreges

Banned
Civ V still calls to me on occasion. It's addictive qualities. I haven't touched it in almost a year, though. Dangerous. So very dangerous.

FFX HD... I think I'll have to grab that soon. It'd be mostly a nostalgic guilty pleasure, though.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I go back to Rome Total War about once a year, the one game I can never quit. Wish my PC was good enough to play the new one.

Red_Man

BjteMsPIEAEbfh8.jpg:large

Smiley90

How long do you guys stay with a (new) game until you move on to the next one? Honest answers, yo

Depends on how much I like it/whether I'm compelled to complete it or not. I often don't complete games though, sadly.

Unless it's a game like total war/civ that doesn't have an "ending" per se.

The thing about FFX is that all we remember of the cutscenes being awkward is that "HA HA HAAAA" scene, when really the whole game is filled with awkward editing, long pauses and facial expressions that don't really match the conveyed emotion.

But seriously, the HD remake is the best HD remake of any game I've played yet. It's like the complete opposite of the Silent Hill HD remake. The soundtrack remastering has been a great improvement on every track (except the Besaid theme, which was missing this electronic snare that made the track the most influential for me at the time).

The best feature is the ability to heal your whole party with a swipe and a tap. So handy.

In the end, FFX really was the last good classic Final Fantasy game. And if you ever liked it, it seriously is a shame if you don't pick it up. So much good gameplay, nostalgia, story, characters (Jamaican Bender!) and leveling system all in one.

Having FFX-2 included is just a bonus. Definitely not a main selling point though.

How long do you guys stay with a (new) game until you move on to the next one? Honest answers, yo

When a game stops being fun and becomes a chore.

Smiley90

Best HD remake game?

uuuuuuuh

.... Tales of Monkey Island HD remake is pretty awesome.

Dat nostalgia.

Acid08

Banned
Point and click adventure games are fucking stupid, you can't even no scope.

Phew boys, I'm lettin out some real stinkers tonight. Shouldn't have eaten that croissant sandwich.

Acid08

Banned
I remember back when a little game called GOD OF WAR 2 came out. It's pretty old school, not surprised you haven't heard of it.

I remember that! I actually had the PSP version of the first one. You might not know what the (Sony) PSP is, but picture our Vitas now, then give them REALLY BIG PIXELS and the games came on MINIDISC.

Look at these stupid flash cards nowadays. You could lose them in your dickhole if you're not careful. Holding a PSP disc? That was REAL console ownership, my friend.

Red_Man

I never noticed this from Briere's goal against Buffalo:

v1PkKtK.gif

The man can jump, that's why he's wearing the C

Acid08

Banned
I remember that! I actually had the PSP version of the first one. You might not know what the (Sony) PSP is, but picture our Vitas now, then give them REALLY BIG PIXELS and the games came on MINIDISC.

Look at these stupid flash cards nowadays. You could lose them in your dickhole if you're not careful. Holding a PSP disc? That was REAL console ownership, my friend.
I remember the (Sony) PSP well, my friend. I played a game on there called FINAL FANTASY TACTICS and boy, that is one of the most original games I've ever played. There had been nothing like it before.

Solo

Habs play the Wings twice in their final 8 games includin tonight. Hopefully they'll do their part in breaking the Wings' playoff streak.

sammich

lol Boring Sean is awesome.

:D

I think Hartleys is as good or better, especially when you try and do it in his voice:

https://twitter.com/coachbobhartley

Bob Hartley ‏@CoachBobHartley Mar 25

@dallaseakins I'm like goaing to run some like coaching clinic dis summer like shoot me a tex after de game tonighd for like detail

Bob Hartley ‏@CoachBobHartley Mar 25

You know like ad lease de lass two game for de Oiler is like teach all of doaze Edmontoanians ow to like cownt to ad lease 13

Bob Hartley ‏@CoachBobHartley Mar 24

You know like sometime when I call a time oud is like because Marty as to run to like de batroom for like a re-wipe

Sanjuro

Wasn't our depth, he just didn't play well on a defensive minded team or with any of our players. Kessel was more polished in a faster period of time with us, but it was clear Seguin could do more. Not like we could send him to Providence either.

Either way, the trade worked out wonderfully for both teams, except for a select few who blindly want to believe we got fleeced!

LevelNth

Banned
Seguin wouldn't have succeeded in Toronto, kid is a disaster. Would've been just like Boston, he needs to be in a low tier, under the radar market where no even pays attention to what he's doing.

Sanjuro

I disagree. Seguin would have been able to do more in Toronto in all likelihood.

Also, Kessel would have shown him how to get girls.

Top Bottom