• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Now we have to beat the Hawks

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Now we have to beat the Hawks

A tall order without Duchene, it could be done though.

Finished Link Between Worlds last night. Seemed short for a Zelda game and a bit on the easy side but tons of fun. Who knew that merging into walls had so many uses? Totally deserved all the hype.

Clydefrog

tumblr_n1yaa7WIuL1rwfpr2o1_500.jpg

wood

Hunter S.

oNly good thing to be said about the Duchene injury is he does not have a torn ACL or mcl. Otherwise fuck this news. Tanguay already lost due to knee injurie.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Titanfall has been my favorite game this generation easily.

Only Resogun has come close for me.
Which generation are you talking about now?
Because if you're talking 360/ps3 gen, then that's just... Wrong...

For what it's worth, MacKinnon is centering O'Reilly, McGinn here at practice. Mitchell did it Sat against Sharks after Duchene injury.

Mac at center is probably the smarter choice right now, Radar has had such a run on wing this year. If Mac starts slipping defensively though I really hope Roy will swap them.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Just saw this little stat: Cam Talbot is the first Rangers goalie not named Henrik Lundqvist to record 3 shutouts in a season since Mike Dunham in 2002-03.

He's also 8-3-0 on the road and 5-3-0, 1.51 GAA, .946 save pct. with 2 shutouts vs. the Western Conference.

Just saw this little stat: Cam Talbot is the first Rangers goalie not named Henrik Lundqvist to record 3 shutouts in a season since Mike Dunham in 2002-03.

He's also 8-3-0 on the road and 5-3-0, 1.51 GAA, .946 save pct. with 2 shutouts vs. the Western Conference.

How do you like the Rangers' playoff chances if they make it? On paper they look balanced and healthy. AV has a decent playoff resume as well. I don't see a lot of talk about them but I can see them surprising a couple teams.

Also, how different have they been under AV compared to Torts? The 2011 Canucks were fast and high scoring but seem to have been turned into a grinding physical team under Torts. The personnel isn't built for that which could explain the injuries and mediocrity. Is it the same in New York (high scoring team neutered by Torts' system)?

How do you like the Rangers' playoff chances if they make it? On paper they look balanced and healthy. AV has a decent playoff resume as well. I don't see a lot of talk about them but I can see them surprising a couple teams.

Also, how different have they been under AV compared to Torts? The 2011 Canucks were fast and high scoring but seem to have been turned into a grinding physical team under Torts. The personnel isn't built for that which could explain the injuries and mediocrity. Is it the same in New York (high scoring team neutered by Torts' system)?

Rangers aren't big enough. Could they win a round? Sure. Maybe 2? Yeah if the Pens' goaltending shits the bed again. But they aren't making it through the Bs, who have manhandled the Rangers this year.

Well at least it's not as bad as Battefield 4 which is completely unplayable, which is strange the gaming press hasn't picked up on that. Since it's March update you literally rubber band every few seconds.
Probably because the gaming press has written off BF4 as a whole really. Though my last run at the PC version was fine a few weeks ago.
I didn't say performance problems were nonexistent, I said they were exaggerated.

GAF told me the game was nearly unplayable but I only saw one major fps drop in the time I have played. My experience wins.
It's a good thing everyone has had your exact experience.

Socreges

Banned
I didn't say performance problems were nonexistent, I said they were exaggerated.

GAF told me the game was nearly unplayable but I only saw one major fps drop in the time I have played. My experience wins.
GAF said that??

Anyway, fair enough. Your first post was pretty ambiguous so you could have been referring to DF.

Sanjuro

I've never played a match in Titanfall where the FPS became an issue that caused my performance to be hindered.

Not once.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Everyone started dropping like flies in the fantasy league cause it seems like no one managed their max games played very well. I've been at the top for most of the season though, cause you're only going good places when you auto draft Rask as your first pick.
I wasn't aware there was a max games played limit until Acid brought it up a month or two ago, I've never played in a league with that before. By the time I realized it, pretty much all my forward games had been used up, so I didn't have a chance.

Sanjuro

I never said that, but since we're all running on the same god damn hardware, chances are others have a pretty similar experience no?

Game is unplayable to you?

I never had an issue with BF4. Only thing that was broken/probably unfixable was joining games with friends. It was painfully difficult for no reason at all.

I never said that, but since we're all running on the same god damn hardware, chances are others have a pretty similar experience no?

Game is unplayable to you?

I own the PC version but have actually spent more time with the Xbone version because a friend of mine only has consoles and we hang out and play it a lot. In that time we've encountered two sessions where the only solution to the stuttering was to restart the console. Frame dips here and there other than that. His console runs everything else seemingly fine but Titanfall is consistently having issues of some kind.

Mr.Green

I own the PC version but have actually spent more time with the Xbone version because a friend of mine only has consoles and we hang out and play it a lot. In that time we've encountered two sessions where the only solution to the stuttering was to restart the console. Frame dips here and there other than that. His console runs everything else seemingly fine but Titanfall is consistently having issues of some kind.
Oh well... Maybe Microsoft hates you!

AS THEY SHOULD! ;-P

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Short answer is we can't beat the Bruins or Penguins in a series. I think everyone else is beatable (which doesn't necessarily mean we WILL beat them, just that we can).

So if the wild cards would like to wreak some havoc on those guys, that would be super.

Also, the big difference between AV and Torts is where they play. AV's Rangers play in the offensive zone first and foremost and play tight defense coming back. Torts' Rangers played in the defensive zone and frustrated teams into making mistakes that could be counterattacked. Power play is greatly improved under AV, and the PK is much more offensively aggressive.

Last night's game in Edmonton was basically a class in AV's system working exactly as it's supposed to.

Played Titanfall at a buddy's house and there were quite a few times where the frame rate dipped, but none where the game almost slowed to a crawl like a lot of people said.

Still not acceptable by any means, but it isn't as bad as a few people on GAF run into from the times I've played it. Obviously, ymmv.

I've never experienced anything like this. Also, you said previously that you can't have your Xbox in the Standby/Sleep mode because games run slower if you do that, I've never had that problem either.

Sanjuro

I've never experienced nothing like this. Also, you said previously that you can't have your Xbox in the Standby/Sleep mode because games run slower if you do that, I've never had that problem either.

Only issue I've needed to do a hard reset for has been popping sounds while using optical audio output, usually after a system update.

I just hold the power button down for 10 seconds and let the console wind down. Happened twice to me, worked both times.

I've never experienced nothing like this. Also, you said previously that you can't have your Xbox in the Standby/Sleep mode because games run slower if you do that, I've never had that problem either.

On my console yeah, but since I turned off standby it hasn't happened. I don't know if he uses standby on his.

edit: Actually I guess he must not now that I think about it because when we had to restart the thing it just turned off normally.

Top Bottom