• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Roflobear

Titanfall rarely stutters for me, and when it does it's usually when there's too much shit going down in a given area and missiles flying all over

:lol I had a bit of a Southern moment in my writing there.

Glad to see Duchene positive on Twitter, would be awesome if he could return for round 1.

zedge

Titanfall rarely stutters for me, and when it does it's usually when there's too much shit going down in a given area and missiles flying all over
Happens to me sometimes too, even when not much is going on' like single digit framerate. Game needs some fine tuning still.

Mr.Green

If he's saying they exaggerated, then he's saying they're wrong. If he's talking exclusively about certain hyperbolic people in Gaming, then he can be more specific in the future. :p

No, in the future, when I don't specify any sources, assume I'm talking about GAF. Not some god damn obscure nerdy web site. :p

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So with how the new CBA works, we're the only team that can offer Vanek 8 years instead of 7. I don't think that extra year will be enough to entice him to stay, and I know by year 4-5 we would start regretting it, but I'm going to hold on to a little bit of hope that he want's that extra year bad enough.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The 2011 Canucks were fast and high scoring but seem to have been turned into a grinding physical team under Torts. The personnel isn't built for that which could explain the injuries and mediocrity.

I forgot to respond to this particular point before, but THE reason Torts was fired in NY was because Sather felt his system was getting key guys injured. Nash, Richards, Callahan, Hagelin, Gaborik, Girardi, Staal, Clowe...all missed time or suffered serious injuries last season, which is pretty remarkable considering it was only 48 games long. Callahan in particular separated his shoulder 9 times last season.

Red_Man

Bourque on playing on the 4th line:

I don't know what to think, this is not my decision. Obviously, I'd rather play with the other guys (Gionta and Briere)

You're seriously going to bitch when you put in 25% effort every night? If it wasn't for all our injuries he wouldn't even be playing. He'll be lucky if he isn't bought out this year.

I forgot to respond to this particular point before, but THE reason Torts was fired in NY was because Sather felt his system was getting key guys injured. Nash, Richards, Callahan, Hagelin, Gaborik, Girardi, Staal, Clowe...all missed time or suffered serious injuries last season, which is pretty remarkable considering it was only 48 games long. Callahan in particular separated his shoulder 9 times last season.

Not surprised. Players have been injured blocking shots and increasing the Sedins' and Kesler's ice time makes them tired, ineffective, and more susceptible to injuries.

Red_Man

Not surprised. Players have been injured blocking shots and increasing the Sedins' and Kesler's ice time makes them tired, ineffective, and more susceptible to injuries.
I saw a stat a month or two ago, how under Torts the Sedins are playing something like 2-3 mins more per night than under AV, and some think that's tied in part to their performances this year.

WHAAAAAAAAA

Yeah, a hallmark of Torts' system is running his top players into the ground

Hindsight, but how did management not see that would happen when the team had zero depth up front?

I saw a stat a month or two ago, how under Torts the Sedins are playing something like 2-3 mins more per night than under AV, and some think that's tied in part to their performances this year.

Sedins said they didn't mind, but after a hot start they faded noticeably. Age plus injury plus fatigue equals a year to forget.

Quick

Banned
Hahahahahaha, my god, Dreger isn't even attempting to cover up how full of shit he is anymore. Give me a fucking break, you probably shouldn't be a main reporter responsible for the club that your cousin is the GM of.

Didn't know they were related. The more you know.

Roflobear

Pretty cool video about the science of a slapshot. I'm sure a lot of this is common knowledge but there's some cool slow motion shots and what stick flex ratings mean. Plus what a crushed puck looks like
oU5Qppy.jpg

Acid08

Banned
Is hockeystreams being weird for anyone else right now? The mobile site is moving really slow for me.

Also Randy and Drew are calling this Queens/Wild game which is really weird.

Top Bottom