• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Honestly we all know a Tabris alt would be rooting for another team. Probably for your 2014 Stanley Cup champs the Anaheim Ducks.
Now you guys are trying to jinx other teams using Tabris curses. This thread is getting too meta.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That's interference now? Ok. Nucks are sure to score here.

EDIT: WOW, that's about as close as you can get to scoring a shorty without actually doing it.

Stasis

God damn that was good. MSL on a shorty facing Torts.

Perfect. Wish it would have happened about 12 games ago, but hey!

Stasis

Yeah that's Torts when he's done being angry and just kinda gives up a little.

Rangers fans know it well. It's prolly worse for the team after the game than angry-face Torts.

Red_Man

Callahan looked really good tonight, all over the place. I can see why Zero wants him signed so badly, I'd till be tentative to give him the term and cash he wants, but he was everywhere.

I've been running through a bunch of calculus on my own time the last 3 months. It's no wonder I've been hitting Diablo 3 so hard lately, even when I understand it math fucking sucks.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'll take that. I actually like Torts, I think he is terrible for the Canucks.

I liked Torts too, honestly. For all his cons he has a lot of pros, and I think he's always genuinely trying to do what's best for the team. He's just a passionate guy who can wear out his welcome, especially when the team is faced with adversity.

Definitely is not a fit for the Canucks' skillsets, though, and Torts doesn't adapt his own style for the players he has.

Sanjuro

I liked Torts too, honestly. For all his cons he has a lot of pros, and I think he's always genuinely trying to do what's best for the team. He's just a passionate guy who can wear out his welcome, especially when the team is faced with adversity.

Definitely is not a fit for the Canucks' skillsets, though, and Torts doesn't adapt his own style for the players he has.

He needs a team which has a passionate fanbase, but with minimal media exposure.

Rangers worked out because they aren't the top dog in town. He got by in a Rex Ryan way, except the team had actual talent they couldn't ignore and go along with his attitude.

...that could work. Not well, but it could work!

Stasis

If you killed our fucking post-season with that last minute bullshit you fucking has-been...

Edit: also obviously I care about him and his health, lol. Don't wanna sound like a selfish prick.

Razorskin

----- ------
hhfjl2u15.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently Carcillo was trying to talk AV into letting him on the ice in that last minute after Burrows' cheapshot. AV shot that down.

ZeroGravity

Callahan looked really good tonight, all over the place. I can see why Zero wants him signed so badly, I'd till be tentative to give him the term and cash he wants, but he was everywhere.
Term seems like more of an issue than cap hit, but I don't think his game will drop off significantly in the next few years, so injuries would be the only real concern.

Still, we've desperately needed a player like Callahan for a long time and they're really hard to find. If we don't give it to him, someone else will.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Term seems like more of an issue than cap hit, but I don't think his game will drop off significantly in the next few years, so injuries would be the only real concern.

Still, we've desperately needed a player like Callahan for a long time and they're really hard to find. If we don't give it to him, someone else will.

Callahan will be a great signing for the next 3-4 years. It's the 3-4 years beyond that that he wants that are the problem.

Sanjuro

In defense of Burrows, that hit isn't even entirely bad. It's after the contact while bouncing off the glass you can tell his intention there.

Red_Man

That gif is way too fast, but it looks pretty bad initially.

It's not his game dropping off that would worry me, just the injuries piling up, like the one person in here said he had his shoulder separated 9 times last season alone. He looked really great playing a two way game, he's exactly what the Habs could use. Has he said anything about signing with Tampa?

I'm learning BASH at work and getting about an iotas worth of effort from my senior. Sure there's the whole "managing yourself" thing. Which is what I'm all about...

But I swear to god it's like he doesn't give a shit.

He's about a total of 3 times how my study has been. I failed the tech aspect of the 4 week review because I was off on my own studying, but never getting the chance to apply the basics to what I learned.

Two times yesterday he actually asked though. And I was stuttering and failing about everywhere because suddenly I felt under pressure.

All the male role models in my life have been incredibly warm, accommodating and acted like they actually give a shit.

This is so radically different. And it scares me.

Top Bottom