• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

ZeroGravity

It's not his game dropping off that would worry me, just the injuries piling up, like the one person in here said he had his shoulder separated 9 times last season alone. He looked really great playing a two way game, he's exactly what the Habs could use. Has he said anything about signing with Tampa?
Nothing as of yet, but supposedly his agent and Yzerman spoke recently and Yzerman said they plan on making an offer in the off-season, so he'll likely listen.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Nothing as of yet, but supposedly his agent and Yzerman spoke recently and Yzerman said they plan on making an offer in the off-season, so he'll likely listen.
He looked like he fit in well on his line, should be an easy decision with the team trending upward, and being in the location it is. Price played out of his mind tonight too, if it wasn't for him it could have been 6-1.

NippyFearlessIberianmidwifetoad.gif

Yeah... dang...

846628023.gif

I hope Cally signs with you guys so we get that 2nd pick.

The fear with Callahan is injuries. He'll always play balls to wall 100%.

ZeroGravity

Kostka :(

Have to wonder if that incident is going to spill over into the playoffs. I can't remember the last time the Lightning actually had bad blood with another team.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The good news is that if McDonagh's injury isn't TOO bad, we're still in good shape. We can clinch a playoff spot as early as Friday, depending on what the Caps do.

We won't beat the Flyers in a series without McDonagh, though.

trifelife

Real winner here.

I'm not saying I take solace in a player being injured, friend. I'm saying when people are wigging out acting like Alexandre Burrows is Omar al-Bashir on skates, it amuses me and takes my mind off of the Vancouver Canucks losing.

Not sure how that doesn't make Burrows a complete piece of shit

There are tons of pieces of shit. Don't act like Burrows is the only one, is all. You'd cheer for him if he was on your team.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Kostka :(

Have to wonder if that incident is going to spill over into the playoffs. I can't remember the last time the Lightning actually had bad blood with another team.
I'm wondering about that too seeing as Kostka and Murray are relatively new to their teams, and there isn't history between Kostka & Murray.

Sanjuro

The good news is that if McDonagh's injury isn't TOO bad, we're still in good shape. We can clinch a playoff spot as early as Friday, depending on what the Caps do.

We won't beat the Flyers in a series without McDonagh, though.

I disagree. I think you guys possibly have the best matchup in the first round. LA and SJ should be good as well.

I'm not saying I take solace in a player being injured, friend. I'm saying when people are wigging out acting like Alexandre Burrows is Omar al-Bashir on skates, it amuses me and takes my mind off of the Vancouver Canucks losing.

There are tons of pieces of shit. Don't act like Burrows is the only one, is all. You'd cheer for him if he was on your team.

He's not. And I didn't. But he is. And that shit he pulled tonight just adds to it. Guy is total nothing.

Glad people reacting to a clear dirty hit gets you your jollies. If that was my player I'd be embarrassed.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I disagree. I think you guys possibly have the best matchup in the first round. LA and SJ should be good as well.

Oh, I'm super psyched about the inevitable series, it's going to be fun as hell. But McDonagh is THE most important guy on the team not named Lundqvist, by far.

We're deep enough on D that's it's not a total killer in the short term, but if he's out into the playoffs, we're just not going to go anywhere, especially against an intense rival like the Flyers.

Sanjuro

Oh, I'm super psyched about the inevitable series, it's going to be fun as hell. But McDonagh is THE most important guy on the team not named Lundqvist, by far.

We're deep enough on D that's it's not a total killer in the short term, but if he's out into the playoffs, we're just not going to go anywhere, especially against an intense rival like the Flyers.

Agreed. I think they can take down the Flyers without him possibly, but they would be dead in the water afterward.

Staal - Girardi
Klein - Staalman
J. Moore - Diaz

ZeroGravity

Updated chances of making playoffs:
100% - Los Angeles
100% - New York Rangers
99.3% - Philadelphia
91.7% - Minnesota
83.7% - Detroit
80.5% - Columbus
74.1% - Dallas
34.2% - Phoenix
15.6% - New Jersey
08.5% - Toronto
08.0% - Washington
03.6% - Ottawa
00.8% - Carolina
00.0% - Vancouver
Tampa Bay and Montreal clinch.

I'm still not sold on the Bruins.

Rask is Trash 2014 World Tour.

The only thing that can stop the Bruins is they finally hit that wall from the last years long run during the short season

Doesn't look like that's happening soon

Still like the Blues for the cup, but Bruins have the best chance to get out of the East

Sanjuro

The only thing that can stop the Bruins is they finally hit that wall from the last years long run during the short season

Doesn't look like that's happening soon

Still like the Blues for the cup, but Bruins have the best chance to get out of the East

Bruins last season couldn't score and Rask was not clutch.

This season, Bruins can score awkwardly and verdict is still out on Rask.

Blues getting anywhere near the cup will ruin my life. Rather the Habs.

Bruins last season couldn't score and Rask was not clutch.

This season, Bruins can score awkwardly and verdict is still out on Rask.

Sanjuro my man, I get it. I'm the same way. Bruins are good though man. Let's just agree that they'd definitely beat the Rangers if they meet in the post season.

Razorskin

----- ------
If the blues win the cup this season the Leafs become the sole active leader in longest Stanley cup drought.

Here's the team you should be rooting against Leaf fans.

Sanjuro

2011, Burrows, Bieksa, Edler cheapshotting Hertl this season, leftover AV hate.

There was a lot of catharsis from the sweep last year though.

Would give me some incentive to beat them again! The season season is my favorite postseason in professional sports. The more interesting teams for me, the better.

Right now the Bruins are scheduled to meet the Columbus Blue Jackets.

...think about that.

Holiday

Banned
If the blues win the cup this season the Leafs become the sole active leader in longest Stanley cup drought.

Here's the team you should be rooting against Leaf fans.

There is nothing to fear from the Hockey Cubs. Bounced in the second round if they're lucky.

Top Bottom