• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Sanjuro

The opposite:
Just don't bother replying to the guy. And please don't quote him either, for those of us who wish to be spared. :(

I honestly don't understand this mindset. I've posted here for close to a decade now and treated everyone here with respect.

Unless people confused me with someone else or have some sort of revised history, I'm really not sure what to say. The negative posts of late haven't gone unnoticed though.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The opposite:
Just don't bother replying to the guy. And please don't quote him either, for those of us who wish to be spared. :(
I blocked him yesterday, it's like going from black and white television to colour. It's a new and brighter world.

Sanjuro

Red is a scumbag piece of shit.

Because he's a Habs fan. Otherwise, good dude.

I got along with him fine at one point like all of the other Habs posters. At some point, he just went off and started posting crap.

Really don't understand it.

EDIT: Case and point.

Red_Man

Red is a scumbag piece of shit.

Because he's a Habs fan. Otherwise, good dude.
UImWI8C.gif

Come to the light side man, we have players who can jump, Eller who scored 4 goals on the Jets and more importantly Youppi!

That same article by Brooks also says that McDonagh is out indefinitely. I'm just going to assume/hope he actually does mean "indefinitely" as in "no defined timeline yet," as opposed to a Chris Kreider "indefinitely" meaning "see you next season sometime."

McDonagh was still being looked at by the trainers long after the media had already left the locker room last night, and he left the arena with his arm in a sling, so it can't be too good either. Hopefully it's just a really bad bruise that simply needs a few days to heal up.

Brooks makes his money on doom and gloom. He's flying with the team to Denver, if it was truly serious I don't think that would be happening at all. It's not good, but Brooks needs to play up the bad shit whenever he gets an opening to.

Quick

Banned
Did I miss why we don't have an April thread yet?

I suggested we keep this going until the playoffs, since it seems pointless having a thread dedicated to a couple of weeks of NHL games before the playoffs.

I figured we could just make a playoff thread when we either hit 20,000 posts or the end of the regular season. Whichever comes first.

Edit: on that note, we're close to 20,000. I could make the playoff thread if no one wants to.

Alright, April is like the dying minutes of a 3rd period. Now I know this team chokes in the third period, but I'm hoping they have just enough energy to actually finish this season off and get us into the playoffs.

Sanjuro

Alright, April is like the dying minutes of a 3rd period. Now I know this team chokes in the third period, but I'm hoping they have just enough energy to actually finish this season off and get us into the playoffs.

Schedule isn't looking great there. Even Buffalo remains a decent matchup. Tatar is going to have to play out of his mind for a couple games at the least.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Brooks makes his money on doom and gloom. He's flying with the team to Denver, if it was truly serious I don't think that would be happening at all. It's not good, but Brooks needs to play up the bad shit whenever he gets an opening to.

We're talking about the team that just let Chris Kreider play 2 games with a season ending hand injury, yes?

zroid

Banned
Brian Burke:

"We know we have gay players in the NHL. It's just a matter of time until one of them comes out, and I hope its on my team."

Lyuvl.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, the team that forced Kreider to have hand surgery even though he wanted to keep playing, and theoretically could still be.

That was Sather who forced Kreider to get a second opinion and then shut him down for the season. The Rangers' medical staff said he wouldn't hurt himself more by playing and gave him the green light.

That was Sather who forced Kreider to get a second opinion and then shut him down for the season. The Rangers' medical staff said he wouldn't hurt himself more by playing and gave him the green light.

I'm not sure why you think Rangers medical staff is somehow separate from Sather. They work with each other.

Edit: Also, Jim Ramsay is one of the best in the business. If he wasn't, he wouldn't be behind Canadas bench at the olympics, multiple times

Socreges

Banned
Brian Burke:

"We know we have gay players in the NHL. It's just a matter of time until one of them comes out, and I hope its on my team."

Lyuvl.gif
Why not post the full quote?

"We know we have gay players in the NHL. It's just a matter of time until one of them comes out, and I hope its on my team. Guess who it is. You'll never guess it. OK it's Brian McGrattan! Shit I shouldn't have said that."

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure why you think Rangers medical staff is somehow separate from Sather. They work with each other.

Edit: Also, Jim Ramsay is one of the best in the business. If he wasn't, he wouldn't be behind Canadas bench at the olympics, multiple times

2 key guys had to miss the start of this season due to having delayed surgery on major shoulder injuries last season, which put us into a huge hole that we've somehow managed to climb out of. It's not like there's no precedent for Ramsay's staff downplaying injuries to allow players to play when they maybe shouldn't, especially at this time of year. And that's just the very recent history.

I'm not saying that's necessarily the case here. With any luck it really isn't serious and a few days of rest will have McDonagh good to go. It's just an "I'll believe it when I see it" kind of thing.

Roflobear

Just borrowed my friend's PS4 and I fell asleep to the main menu music. SO relaxing. Why hasn't anyone touted this as a killer feature?

Red_Man

The league as a whole is generally behind when it comes to concussions. Lots of team let players go prematurely.

2 key guys had to miss the start of this season due to having delayed surgery on major shoulder injuries last season, which put us into a huge hole that we've somehow managed to climb out of. It's not like there's no precedent for Ramsay's staff downplaying injuries to allow players to play when they maybe shouldn't, especially at this time of year. And that's just the very recent history.

I'm not saying that's necessarily the case here. With any luck it really isn't serious and a few days of rest will have McDonagh good to go. It's just an "I'll believe it when I see it" kind of thing.

Toews has a separated shoulder and he'll be good to go for the playoffs. McDonaugh has no structural damage.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Am I too late to shit on Red Man?

Red is a terrible human being!

What? I'm not going to say it's because he's a Habs fan, HE KNOWS HE SUCKS!

Also Sanjuro is my boy!

Only person who has truly sucked was Fortuneson or whatever the fuck his name was.

Quick

Banned
Just borrowed my friend's PS4 and I fell asleep to the main menu music. SO relaxing. Why hasn't anyone touted this as a killer feature?

It's really soothing.

Speaking of next-gen stuff, I'm actually hyped for what NHL 15 looks like for PS4/Xbox One (assuming EA's releasing it for the new consoles). Vita version please.

I still remember how good the screenshots looked for the 360 version compared to the PS2/Xbox version:

RIP NHL 2k

Red_Man

Was Fortuneson the same poster who was convinced some waitress at a bar kept hitting on him not for tips but because she genuinely liked him, and made a thread on it? Or do I have him mixed up with someone else?

"PS4 puts you to sleep" is a great marketing campaign.

Was Fortuneson the same poster who was convinced some waitress at a bar kept hitting on him not for tips but because she genuinely liked him, and made a thread on it? Or do I have him mixed up with someone else?

FortunateSon? The one with the Lindsay Lohan avatar? Wasn't he the Tabris of Leafs fans?

Far be it from me to defend Crosby, but isn't that how most people react if they get smacked in the face without seeing it coming?

At MMA training I've seen new guys get hit in the face and never drop to the ground or even buckle their knees. I'm sure Crosby is conditioned for a bit of physicality. We can't really say for certain if he did embellish instinctively or not, but to me it looks like it.

Even getting backhanded in the face while you're wearing a visor and mouthguard shouldn't equate to more than "Ahhh, FUCK, you, OWW... DUDE!... OW!".

If you watch his left leg it looks like he catches his blade in a weird spot and loses his balance. Looks terrible though.

Actually, yeah, he was JUST pushing off a stride as it happened...

Either way, overanalysing a funny looking GIF ~ftw~.

Red_Man

If the standings stay the way they are, Boston would play Detroit in the first round correct? That would be a massacre.

Razorskin

----- ------
Injection to blame for Cleary's setback
Red Wings forward likely to miss remainder of season following side-effects to shot

DETROIT – If it weren’t for bad luck Daniel Cleary would have no luck.

The Red Wings forward, who hasn’t played since before the Olympic break, rolled the dice when he decided to go through with an injection that was supposed to relieve knee pain while prolonging the veteran’s season

“Long story short, I did something to help or make it easier to play, help the knee go along and I had a reaction to the shot,” Cleary said. “It's kept me off the ice for a long time.”

During the break, Cleary received the injection made from a natural substance that lubricates and cushions knee joints. The injected painkiller – called Synvisc-One – can provide up to six months of osteoarthritis pain relief; however, inflammation is a side-effect that has since sidelined the veteran winger.

Cleary has missed the past 22 games, including all 17 since the Olympic break.

Cleary had two Synvisc-One injections in the past that did as prescribed, but former forward Tomas Holmstrom had a similar side-effect to the injection that cost him a significant amount of games two years ago.

“There's like a one percent chance of getting a reaction out of it and I was that one percent,” Cleary said. “Just swelled up real bad, took three weeks for the swelling to go away. I had to drain it numerous times. So now it's starting to feel better.”

The setback has been frustrating for Cleary, who signed a one-year contact on the first day of training camp last September just to play a ninth season with the club. Used mainly as a third-line winger this season, he produced four goals and eight points in 52 games.

Cleary has had knee problems in the past, he even underwent off-season surgery two years ago to address concerns with two Baker’s cysts that had formed behind his left knee and caused other internal damage. He dealt with excruciating discomfort, even having fluid drained nearly every 10 days in the last half of the 2011-12 season.

The injection in February was supposed to get Cleary through the remainder of the regular season and into the Stanley Cup playoffs.

“It's a lubricant, a lot of people have had it. It helps and I wanted to do it for the last 20 games and make the transition to the playoffs like easier, I guess you could say, and I had a one percent reaction. It's quite fitting, actually, how you see we've gone this year with injuries on the team. It's like, really? That's how it's been.”

Cleary has skated on his own a number of times, though he hasn’t been on the ice since Saturday. Until he can get back to skating in full practices he doesn’t have a timetable for a possible return.

He said he hopes to begin practicing later this week.

“Obviously you train off the ice,” Cleary said. “You're out a week or 10 days or a month or two months, whatever it is, there's nothing like game condition no matter what you do so you gotta get games, that type of setting. I don't know if I'm going to be able to get it so we'll see.”

It’s possible that injection’s side-effects will ultimately cost Cleary his season. And while he’s not worried about that, he will continue his rehabilitation as if he’s returning soon.

“I'm not worried about that. It could be (over) if I'm not able to get it as strong as I need to get it but working towards that,” he said. “Listen, rehab and not playing is way harder than playing. Let's put it that way. You try to get out of that area as quick as you can.”

http://redwings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=712351&navid=DL|DET|home

Arab you sick son of a bitch, STOOP THAT LOW

Red_Man

I probably missed a great thread because I have him on ignore.
It was like 8 pages of him trying to convince people she liked him because she always served his table every time he went and she would sit down with him and shit. Good times.

Top Bottom