• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Wazzy

Banned
It's going to happen. :'(

On one hand, I'm of the mind to just blow the whole team up and start over.

On the other, Kesler got me interested in the Canucks and hockey in general, so I'm gonna be choked :'(

Same. He's been my favourite player for so long. I remember when him and Burr used to team up and do so well. They were my favourites, actually.

He's pretty much our biggest star along with the Sedins. I think trading him would be awful. :(

I'll be super choked. It's going to be hard supporting the canucks if they go through with it.

Leeness

Canucks meetup up let's bury our team with tears.

2014 Canucks Meet Up: We Don't Recognize Anyone

Same. He's been my favourite player for so long. I remember when him and Burr used to team up and do so well. They were my favourites, actually.

He's pretty much our biggest star along with the Sedins. I think trading him would be awful. :(

I'll be super choked. It's going to be hard supporting the canucks if they go through with it.

The dream is over. :'(

Can we send Kesler to the Panthers for some forward prospects too?

Kesler for Barkov, Bjugstad, and a 1st.

I'm seriously getting more and more nervous about a Kesler trade. Don't do it Gillis, you stupid idiot.

Kesler is the Canucks' most irreplaceable asset, which also makes him their most valuable trade asset. The return would be pretty substantial. Players like Edler, Bieksa, Burrows would get decent roster players, cap dumps, and/or draft picks. Only Kesler can get a bonafide young 2C (with hopes that he can be an eventual 1C when Henrik retires).

Plus look at it from Kesler's perspective. He's 29, coming off injuries, and is running out of time to win a Cup. With Luongo gone, the Canucks aren't going anywhere anytime soon. He wants to win, and the current roster is not built for that.

EDIT: Pretty sure the Flames didn't want to trade Iginla either. End result: they hung onto him too long, didn't get the return they wanted, and now have to slowly rebuild.

I posted about that a couple pages ago. Players of his caliber should be laughed out of town for requesting trades.

I was at work and missed it sorry breh.

But yes I agree. Hopefully it's to some scrub team for like a 4th or something. Wouldn't even be mad about a 6th or worse.

Wazzy

Banned
Kesler for Barkov, Bjugstad, and a 1st.

Kesler is the Canucks' most irreplaceable asset, which also makes him their most valuable trade asset. The return would be pretty substantial. Players like Edler, Bieksa, Burrows would get decent roster players, cap dumps, and/or draft picks. Only Kesler can get a bonafide young 2C (with hopes that he can be an eventual 1C when Henrik retires).

Plus look at it from Kesler's perspective. He's 29, coming off injuries, and is running out of time to win a Cup. With Luongo gone, the Canucks aren't going anywhere anytime soon. He wants to win, and the current roster is not built for that.

EDIT: Pretty sure the Flames didn't want to trade Iginla either. End result: they hung onto him too long, didn't get the return they wanted, and now have to slowly rebuild.

Sure but aren't we making assumptions he wants to leave? because as of now, he's denied wanting to leave.

Of course he could be lying but if he wants to play here then I don't see why we won't keep him. If he badly wants to go, then I guess we have no choice.

Hunter S.

Varlamov looks so motivated as usual against this hawks club. Chicago, know are number one reason we almost have as much points as you is because of Varly it is not because of the D.

Sure but aren't we making assumptions he wants to leave? because as of now, he's denied wanting to leave.

Of course he could be lying but if he wants to play here then I don't see why we won't keep him. If he badly wants to go, then I guess we have no choice.

Kesler had no choice but to deny the trade rumours. He isn't Torrey Mitchell or Erat; he's a leader on the team and if he wants out that hurts the team. What's going on behind the scenes is anyone's guess, but any trade request is a distraction and he said what he had to say.

He has an NTC so he'll have the final say on where he goes. I don't think he wants to leave but if he wants a better chance at the Cup even if it means uprooting his family, what choice do the Canucks have?

Razorskin

----- ------
Suck it tiny tim, luongo's got yr job now

Damn Canadians taking our jobs
DPWNcnT.png

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Kesler had no choice but to deny the trade rumours. He isn't Torrey Mitchell or Erat; he's a leader on the team and if he wants out that hurts the team. What's going on behind the scenes is anyone's guess, but any trade request is a distraction and he said what he had to say.

He has an NTC so he'll have the final say on where he goes. I don't think he wants to leave but if he wants a better chance at the Cup even if it means uprooting his family, what choice do the Canucks have?

With Luongo gone we' e committed to the rebuild. Might as wellgo all out and trade everyoe with value for prospects&picks, as much as it'll hurt.

Wazzy

Banned

That's true. We'll just have to see where this goes. I'm hoping he stays but these rumours are heating up. :(

Hunter S.

:lol I don't think there's a single soul that thinks we have as many points as we do because of our defense.

Or is he?

Yeah, but I do not assume most fans have much knowledge of the Avs. I only have knowledge of the Hawks because I followed them in the playoffs the last few years. Other than them and the Avalanche, I hardly know any NHL team. Seems pretty normal for almost all fans to know few teams.

Top Bottom