• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

pringles

There must be something to it. Maybe he feels he's done his time in the AHL, and let's face it he wasn't making the Wings anytime soon.

But fuck. If we we're gonna trade him, we couldn't get a package done for Kesler or Edler or Ehrhoff?? Ironhook was protected in trades until recently and now we trade him for a rental?????

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
What an incredibly asinine, shortsighted move.

And now I'm waiting for this guy to get his chance

fO9w8vI.jpg

Etem Up!?

Watch the throne.

If it's Jarnkrok (not confirmed) there must be something to it. Maybe he feels he's done his time in the AHL, and let's face it he wasn't making the Wings anytime soon.

But fuck. If we we're gonna trade him, we couldn't get a package done for Kesler or Edler or Ehrhoff?? Ironhook was protected in trades until recently and now we trade him for a rental?????

We didn't have the cap space to make a big splash so we settle for overpaying an aging rental.

It's the Red Wings way

God I hope Legwand doesn't resign and Holland has egg all over his face for making this deal

Datsyuk done for 3 weeks, Helm probably done for a while, traded our top center prospect, got a aging 40 point rental center.....

I can't deal with this idiotic team anymore, this is seriously the last straw for this team. This tops the Quincey trade by miles. Screw Holland and this team.

pringles

We didn't have the cap space to make a big splash so we settle for overpaying an aging rental.

It's the Red Wings way
We have tons of cap space.

Only way I make sense of this is that Järnkrok wanted to be traded and other teams 100% wanted Tatar/Nyquist/Mantha as well. Also Legwand must be a good bet to re-sign because Holland FUCKING SAID he wouldn't trade our youth for rentals.

Alur

That's the rumor and yes yes yes Holland is a fool.

Just traded our only Top-6 Center prospect for David fucking Legwand

I'm about to flip if this is true...

My buddy went to high school with him, said he was a total douche bag.

EDIT - And it's official, Jarnkrok is gone. Fucking Ken Holland, you piece of shit.

Sorry fellas. Preds gotta keep us season tix folks paying somehow. Consider it a small reconciliation for standing over us all those years.

Poile working that magic again. Can't get an established top six forward, but he's got the voodoo on fleecing top forward prospects.

Also RE: Legwand being a dbag. In the limited interactions I've had with him, can confirm. Liked him as player, not so much otherwise. Still sad to see him go, but like that return.

Samyy

How the hell did half these idiot GMs get a job in this league?
Fuck if Garth Snow can be a GM I couldn't be much worse!

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
So.......does this mean they move AGally to RW and do

Vanek-Plek-AGally (yes pls)

Or do we move AGally back with Eller and go

Vanek-Plek-Gio (no thanks)

Time to move Gio to the third line.

I am pretty sure it will be AGally Eller and Vanek-Plek-Gio.

zedge

Wow, we got a 2nd round pick for Berra.. Not bad.

Stempniak to Pens.. still rumored.

*edit, 3rd round pick for Lee.

DetroitSportsNation ‏@detsportsnation 1m

Rumor is that Jarnkrok threatened to leave for Europe if he wasn't called up

Well with all our centers injured they probably could have done that ready for the NHL or not. He wouldn't have stayed up with the big club but I guess you could have at least had a talk with him how he is expected to rot in the AHL for a few years like every other Wings prospect does.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Well with all our centers injured they probably could have done that ready for the NHL or not. He wouldn't have stayed up with the big club but I guess you could have at least had a talk with him how he is expected to rot in the AHL for a few years like every other Wings prospect does.

Agreed. Just bring him up.

Samyy

Anyway... my comments on the day off the top of my head

Montreal and New York won big imo. Montreal already had a strong chance to make it, I like Budaj so if Price is out for a couple weeks I still think they would have made it, especially with Detroit's injuries and LOLSENS. New York is a top 3 team in the East now, not that this is a big accomplishment.

Buffalo doing the rebuild right.

I feel for you TeethMummy :(

Also feel for all the Canuck fans, looks like its going to be a painful one. I don't understand why people were saying they want Kesler to be captain, he's done with that team after this season.

pringles

Well with all our centers injured they probably could have done that ready for the NHL or not.
Yeah he could defintely have been called up. But with Z, Dats, Sheahan, Weiss, Helm and Glendening ahead of him he would spend a minimum of 1 more season in GR, probably 2. So in that way it makes sense he'd want to try his chances elsewhere.

The fact we couldn't get a better return is the real problem.

Yeah he could defintely have been called up. But with Z, Dats, Sheahan, Weiss, Helm and Glendening ahead of him he would spend a minimum of 1 more season in GR, probably 2. So in that way it makes sense he'd want to try his chances elsewhere.

The fact we couldn't get a better return is the real problem.

I agree, could have went after a better player than Legwand with picks and Jarnkrok or add in another prospect.

With how many injuries we had we should have, but instead we call up CORY EMMERTON!!

Merguson

Banned
For trotting out the same excuses Burke did after failing to improve the team.

Leafs were looking at player-for-player deals, none to be found at the deadline. Would rather not spend assets on rentals that won't address the team's issues. I saw a couple of players that could have helped, but minor deals at best.

thew only way this makes any sense is if they know he's bolting for sweden

but this is the same GM that gave up a 1st for quincey, so all bets are off.

Plinko

I agree, could have went after a better player than Legwand with picks and Jarnkrok or add in another prospect.

Since Legwand had to waive his NTC, my guess is he's penciled in as a center on this team for at least 3 more years. My guess is he's re-signing and they want a guy like this.

The fact that Dreger said it's thought Jarnkrok already has a contract for Sweden makes this a little better, I guess.

Samyy

For trotting out the same excuses Burke did after failing to improve the team.

What did you want Nonis to do? We're against the cap. Edler would have been ideal, but we can't fit him in unless salary is moved - the Canucks were probably more interested in prospects/picks.

This is all stems from fucking signing David goddamn Clarkson. Just because you have cap space doesn't mean you need to spend it, fucking Nonis. That money needed to go to our defence and I understand there wasn't anything available during the summer but look! NOW! We might've been able to get a guy like Edler.

And yea, Kulemin plays much better in our top six then Clarkson. Stop fucking trying, Nonis and Carlyle you dickheads fucking messed up. Now we'll lose Kulemin and be stuck with the Clarkson the amazing 35million dollar 3rd line 30 point winger.

thew only way this makes any sense is if they know he's bolting for sweden

but this is the same GM that gave up a 1st for quincey, so all bets are off.

That will be the only thing that saves Holland in this trade is Jarnkrok heading back to Sweden.

Prepare yourself for the Quincey extension that's incoming

Since Legwand had to waive his NTC, my guess is he's penciled in as a center on this team for at least 3 more years. My guess is he's re-signing and they want a guy like this.

The fact that Dreger said it's thought Jarnkrok already has a contract for Sweden makes this a little better, I guess.

Hopefully he bolts to Sweden. Can't wait for Legwand to save this team and take up roster spots from our other young prospects who will probably be traded away for nothing. Worst hockey day ever.

And Anderson is out the door for a bag of pucks to start next season. Where will they fit all of our aging centers in. Sheahan has to be with the wings or pass through waivers (he won't), Weiss, Helm, Z, D, Anderson, and now Legwand.

I guess Holland expects half our centers to be injured next year too so he is loading up on them.

Top Bottom