• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Quick

Banned
Bh_lIEQCEAAF2dr.jpg

Dem feels. He's back

Dat media frenzy.

Just busting balls, Dubbed. Congrats!

pringles

Hopefully he bolts to Sweden. Can't wait for Legwand to save this team and take up roster spots from our other young prospects who will probably be traded away for nothing. Worst hockey day ever.
Legwand is only a rental at least. With Dats out a minimum of 3 weeks, possibly much longer, we needed help on C. And with Sheahan being so good Jarnkrok kinda got screwed in terms of his chances to make the Wings.

Sucks because I like Ironhook as a prospect but he wasn't on my untouchables list.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Lol at this dramatic music through the Yzerman interview.

Curufinwe

Summary I saw on HFB that seems accurate:

The Islanders get 47 games of Vanek, Collberg, a conditional 2nd if MTL makes the playoffs.

The Sabres get 47 games of Moulson, NYI 2014/15 1st, NYI 2014 2nd, WPG 2014 2nd, MIN 2016 2nd, Torrey Mitchell.

Along with the Forsberg trade last year, Preds have pulled off some good deals.

Really surprised at Anaheim not doing much. $11M in cap space during a great season.

Curufinwe

Sportsnet Pacific
‏@SNETPacific
Kesler - "Good thing I listened to Lou. Said even if I wanted out it wasn't gonna happen." #Canucks

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

The Islanders get 47 games of Vanek, Collberg, a conditional 2nd if MTL makes the playoffs.

The Sabres get 47 games of Moulson, NYI 2014/15 1st, NYI 2014 2nd, WPG 2014 2nd, MIN 2016 2nd, Torrey Mitchell.

Holy fuck

Trey

The legend of Darcy Regier lives on.

Acid08

Banned
2013-2014 San Jose Sharks

Tomas Hertl-Joe Thornton-Brent Burns
Patrick Marleau-Logan Couture-Tommy Wingels
Raffi Torres-Joe Pavelski-Martin Havlat
James Sheppard-Andrew Desjardins-Tyler Kennedy
Adam Burish/Mike Brown

Marc-Edouard Vlasic-Jason Demers
Brad Stuart-Justin Braun
Scott Hannan-Dan Boyle
Matt Irwin

Antti Niemi
Alex Stalock

Love our forwards and goaltending but our defense isn't anything special. Right side we're actually pretty great but Brad Stuart has not been a top 4 defenseman this season. Left side puck mover is essential. I feel like this team makes it to the second round, maybe not even past the first if we play LA.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The Rangers will be without a captain for the remainder of the season.

Brad Richards, Dan Girardi, and Marc Staal will all wear A's.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I guess they gave up on him? He barely got any NHL games with us. BM called him Spezza's future winger at one point.

I think he was just really far down our depth chart. Probably would have left for Sweden unless he made the team sometime soon, so might as well get some help for Bingo on the backend for him.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Just saw that Yzerman said they plan to sign Callahan. If they sign him to anything remotely resembling a decent contract, this trade could be quite the coup in the long term for the Bolts.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
It's kind of scary to see what happened to Vancouver though, their window to win was so short.

Three consecutive playoff-outs against the later Stanley Cup Champion (Hawks, Boston, LA) was our window.

Is Mike Gillis fired yet?

Top Bottom