• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
6uibymr.png

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hopefully whatever the reason for MSL leaving comes out eventually. It's not just the Olympic snub, sounds like he asked for a trade way before. Curious as to what could have happened to make him walk away like this.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I have to say, I haven't seen Callahan's number, face, nothing anywhere in the arena, and that includes the fans' jerseys.

Apparently you're dead to us, Cally.

zroid

Banned
I am down for Ducks bandwagoning when the Leafs inevitably miss the playoffs or get booted in the first round

#Godzlaf

Socreges

Banned
Blow this organization up. Gillis, his fucking neckbeard, and Tortorella need to be fired, April 14th.

I'm fine with the Luongo trade now. He's finally (mostly) off the books, which I wasn't sure was possible anymore, and his absence should speed up any rebuild. Glad he's happy as well.

But how do you not move anyone else? Their value isn't going to go up. Offers will not magically improve in the offseason. And this team, if it actually squeaks into the playoffs, will get swept again.

Well played by Kesler, btw, making it more difficult for himself to be moved in the offseason.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Blow this organization up. Gillis, his fucking neckbeard, and Tortorella need to be fired, April 14th.

I'm fine with the Luongo trade now. He's finally (mostly) off the books, which I wasn't sure was possible anymore, and his absence should speed up any rebuild. Glad he's happy as well.

But how do you not move anyone else? Their value isn't going to go up. Offers will not magically improve in the offseason. And this team, if it actually squeaks into the playoffs, will get swept again.

Well played by Kesler, btw, making it more difficult for himself to be moved in the offseason.

We won't make the playoffs I hope. Otherwise I agree 100%. AT THE VERY LEAST Edler had to be moved. Not Diaz for a 5th.

8th overall pick is within reach.

Red_Man

You'd think Gillis would have learned after how things backfired on him when he tried to run up Lu's price last year. He's just putting himself in a worse position with Kesler now, especially since it's pretty obvious he want's out.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You'd think Gillis would have learned after how things backfired on him when he tried to run up Lu's price last year. He's just putting himself in a worse position with Kesler now, especially since it's pretty obvious he want's out.

For what t's worth it's not confirmed he really wanted out.

He said "if I wanted out", declined a trade request AND said he's happy he's still a Canuck. Could obviously be all show, but could also be true. And it seems if anything he's unhappy with management&coaching, which is gonna change in the summer.

Red_Man

For what t's worth it's not confirmed he really wanted out.

He said "if I wanted out", declined a trade request AND said he's happy he's still a Canuck. Could obviously be all show, but could also be true. And it seems if anything he's unhappy with management&coaching, which is gonna change in the summer.
His tweets all but confirm it, and players will always deny that kind of stuff unless they're really that disgruntled.

The situation is a little different (Kesler/Edler's contracts are much better than Luongo's, neither have expressed a desire to leave) so Gillis's hands aren't tied yet, but it's basically this offseason or bust.

Plus they all have NTC's, which also complicated the Luongo move since he didn't want to go to Toronto at one point.

Top Bottom