• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

zroid

Banned
I don't think there's any doubt Rielly makes the U23 team just based on reputation, but as much as it pains me to say it, I'm not sure he makes my top 6 D :(

I would take the following guys before Rielly:

Ekblad
Gostisbehere
Hamilton
Jones
Parayko

Then there's Trouba and Rielly who probably my 6th and 7th in no particular order

imBask

Banned
Exactly.

But in seriousness I bet it comes out this holiday and has a big blowout at E3

at E3 they need :
-Zelda NX exclusive on launch
-Mario NX exclusive on launch
-Metroid NX announcement
-powerful, with 3rd party support
-be on stage and have people in the audience lose their fucking mind and crying tears of joy just like they did back in the days

Cake Boss

Banned
Hmmmmm Mark Stone is highest scoring Canadian RWer? Coool

And the leading the league in takeaways by a wide ass margin.

Wouldn't surprise me to hear he's the 13th forward. Doug Armstrong was there last night where Stone had a monster game

at E3 they need :
-Zelda NX exclusive on launch
-Mario NX exclusive on launch
-Metroid NX announcement
-powerful, with 3rd party support
-be on stage and have people in the audience lose their fucking mind and crying tears of joy just like they did back in the days

All this won't happen, but it needs to happen.

LOL wow Lou is doing radio endorsement ads now... you think you know a guy

All about that money. Also radio ads suck. Writing them is fucking annoying and radio clients suck to work with. Fuck radio.

KingBroly

Banned
All this won't happen, but it needs to happen.

All about that money. Also radio ads suck. Writing them is fucking annoying and radio clients suck to work with. Fuck radio.

Zelda NX is happening
Smash NX is probably happening
3D Mario NX at launch is also probably happening (cuz you need a new shiny exclusive toy)
DQ11 NX is happening
probably some other stuff too
#MetroidIsDead
COD will probably happen, so will the standard Skylanders/DI/Lego/Minecraft stuff

Zelda NX is happening
Smash NX is probably happening
3D Mario NX at launch is also probably happening (cuz you need a new shiny exclusive toy)
DQ11 NX is happening
probably some other stuff too
#MetroidIsDead
COD will probably happen, so will the standard Skylanders/DI/Lego/Minecraft stuff

DQ11 I think they are going to want to keep exclusive to the PS4. Should they? Probably not. If it is an NX launch title, in Japan that thing will move units, but moreso if it is an NX exclusive but that isn't happening.

There are some light rumors that FFXV may come to the NX eventually. But they are really baseless and haven't seen anything credible

Calamari41

41 > 38
DQ11 I think they are going to want to keep exclusive to the PS4. Should they? Probably not. If it is an NX launch title, in Japan that thing will move units, but moreso if it is an NX exclusive but that isn't happening.

There are some light rumors that FFXV may come to the NX eventually. But they are really baseless and haven't seen anything credible

They literally announced the game for NX and then, later, came back on and said "lol uh, well, uh, that was just a hypothetical lol." Explicit announcements of products during scripted presentations are definitely the kind of things that corporate executives randomly muse about off the top of their heads...

They literally announced the game for NX and then, later, came back on and said "lol uh, well, uh, that was just a hypothetical lol." Explicit announcements of products during scripted presentations are definitely the kind of things that corporate executives randomly muse about off the top of their heads...

Yeah but my point lies in that it isn't a console exclusive so it won't move as many units as it could since there is a 3DS and PS4 version coming. It will sell more PS4s than NXs I bet.

I also assume the SMTxFE game is getting an NX release as well.

THE REAL BIG GAME THEY NEED IS ANOTHER SUPER MARIO GALAXY

Calamari41

41 > 38
Yeah but my point lies in that it isn't a console exclusive so it won't move as many units as it could since there is a 3DS and PS4 version coming. It will sell more PS4s than NXs I bet.

I also assume the SMTxFE game is getting an NX release as well.

THE REAL BIG GAME THEY NEED IS ANOTHER SUPER MARIO GALAXY

If the "console" version of DQ11 can be played on the handheld NX, sales on that platform will blow PS4 sales away big time.

If the "console" version of DQ11 can be played on the handheld NX, sales on that platform will blow PS4 sales away big time.

Well that's the thing. it is coming to the 3DS too. That will take away some from it. Japan is already slowly adopting this whole gen enough.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Well that's the thing. it is coming to the 3DS too. That will take away some from it. Japan is already slowly adopting this whole gen enough.

They're two different games though, right? The 3DS version will blow away all releases of the console version combined of course.

They're two different games though, right? The 3DS version will blow away all releases of the console version combined of course.

I know the PS4 version is being built on the Unreal Engine but other than that I don't know the differences.

This is making me want to replay DQVIII right now...

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Metroid was never good

Axiom Verge was better than Super Metroid
fight me

I loved Axiom Verge, it's the Metroid game Nintendo should have made in the last 5-6 years. But it's no way better than Super.

Curufinwe

I bought a WiiU for two games, and now that I've finished XCX and traded it to GameStop for $30 the only one I have left is Bayonetta 2. At least the console only cost me $200.

But I'm sure I'll get an NX eventually so my wife can play the new Animal Crossing. It's kind of crazy the WiiU never got a real AC game.

imBask

Banned
I bought a WiiU for two games, and now that I've finished XCX and traded it to GameStop for $30 the only one I have left is Bayonetta 2. At least the console only cost me $200.

But I'm sure I'll get an NX eventually so my wife can play the new Animal Crossing. It's kind of crazy the WiiU never got a real AC game.

Xenoblade was suuuuch a disappointment... first Xenoblade for me, I love JRPGs but don't understand how and why this game gets so many free passes. Everything except the combat was absolute GARBAGE, graphics, story, UI, animations...

Xenoblade was suuuuch a disappointment... first Xenoblade for me, I love JRPGs but don't understand how and why this game gets so many free passes. Everything except the combat was absolute GARBAGE, graphics, story, UI, animations...
if I take your statement and change it to "Everything except the story was absolute GARBAGE, graphics, combat, UI, animations..." thats how it applies to me. I was so damn hyped because of how much I love xenosaga and its just...And it wasnt really the story that I liked, it was the characters. Too bad a lot of the best character moments were locked behind heart-to-hearts which were painful to unlock.

Im really hoping to love Xeno again, but I really want them to get away from the MMO structure, including the combat.

imBask

Banned
if I take your statement and change it to "Everything except the story was absolute GARBAGE, graphics, combat, UI, animations..." thats how it applies to me. I was so damn hyped because of how much I love xenosaga and its just...And it wasnt really the story that I liked, it was the characters. Too bad a lot of the best character moments were locked behind heart-to-hearts which were painful to unlock.

Im really hoping to love Xeno again, but I really want them to get away from the MMO structure, including the combat.

maybe the story gets better at some point, I gave up about 12h in.

but even if the story ends up being good, having the characters basically stand in a T-pose during cinematics would ruin it for me

You just weren't feeling it.

maybe the story gets better at some point, I gave up about 12h in.

but even if the story ends up being good, having the characters basically stand in a T-pose during cinematics would ruin it for me
the story gets better once you have all the characters and shit starts happening. You also get some neat scenes with Melia and a surprisingly well done unrequited love. The animations stay shit though

The story and characters never reach the heights of the older xeno games, and the combat continues to be a slog with 2 braindead AI and limited options for your played character. Questing is godawful, item collection is godawful, and the animations continue to be godawful. However even though the graphics are shit, they do manage to create some really cool locales

also I put 97 hours into it...Im a glutton for punishment

zroid

Banned
the fuck are you guys talking about

video games are shit and for babies

here's some real hockey news:

Ccjg9yKW8AAr09c.jpg

That D corps... eek

Curufinwe

the story gets better once you have all the characters and shit starts happening. You also get some neat scenes with Melia and a surprisingly well done unrequited love. The animations stay shit though

The story and characters never reach the heights of the older xeno games, and the combat continues to be a slog with 2 braindead AI and limited options for your played character. Questing is godawful, item collection is godawful, and the animations continue to be godawful. However even though the graphics are shit, they do manage to create some really cool locales

also I put 97 hours into it...Im a glutton for punishment

I think my final time was 120+, but I left it on for long periods to accumulate enough money to buy two level 50 skells. I really enjoyed the exploring, and the quests until about hour 60 when finding the required items became much more of a hassle.

The story and characters are really poor compared to Xenosaga, and having a main character who can only nod or fold his arms didn't help. I was actually yelling at the screen at one point late game where they made the protagonist do something I completely disagreed with.

I think my final time was 120+, but I left it on for long periods to accumulate enough money to buy two level 50 skells. I really enjoyed the exploring, and the quests until about hour 60 when finding the required items became much more of a hassle.

The story and characters are really poor compared to Xenosaga, and having a main character who can only nod or fold his arms didn't help. I was actually yelling at the screen at one point late game where they made the protagonist do something I completely disagreed with.
Im talking about chronicles here, not chronicles x. So no skells. Im only an hour into chronicles x, its on the backburner since the combat is still shit

Nintendo is becoming increasingly irrelevant for my gaming. Fire Emblem is about all they have unless they publish a Bayonetta 3.

Otherwise Ill keep buying smash and mario kart, if I do get an NX. I'm pretty sick of NoA though and would rather not give them more money.

Outside of fighting game practice, the vast majority of my gaming is on PC

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
That shotgun wielding Nozomi looks nice. I'd like to know more about the game too.

The funny thing about Nozomi is she had a whole bunch of quests devoted to her in IV, yet never had a character portrait, yet there is someone who shows up for about all of 2 minutes and does.

I already know enough about the game itself really, I just want a NA release date so my 3DS aka my Atlus Machine stops being a paperweight.

Nintendo is becoming increasingly irrelevant for my gaming. Fire Emblem is about all they have unless they publish a Bayonetta 3.

Otherwise Ill keep buying smash and mario kart, if I do get an NX. I'm pretty sick of NoA though and would rather not give them more money.

Outside of fighting game practice, the vast majority of my gaming is on PC

Nintendo hasn't been relevant to me for a while now. Most of the games I enjoy are on other systems and I'm too god damn lazy to actually build another PC, so I just stick with the consoles.

Top Bottom