• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

there's some 5 star shit flinging posts in that Hillary thread in OT, this is going to be the best election EVER to observe from outside

I thought I would see more greyed names than I did.

73SL1o7.jpg

I'm waiting for the NCAA tourney to start and the first game is on CBS

RC

Banned
The last FF I played was FFX-2 on the ps2. I have no motivation to play games anymore. Guess my copies of FFXII and DQVIII will remain forever unplayed.

Calamari41

41 > 38
there's some 5 star shit flinging posts in that Hillary thread in OT, this is going to be the best election EVER to observe from outside

It's amazing because the Hillary supporters are being such cunts that they're basically going to get a chunk of the Sanders supporters to stay home or vote Trump out of spite. They don't realize that when you beat someone down verbally over their vote and they eventually say "Ok, ok, I'll vote your way," they're just lying to get you to shut up.

Canadiens Montréal – Verified account ‏@CanadiensMTL

P.K. Subban ne jouera pas en fin de semaine, confirme Therrien. / @PKSubban1 won't play this weekend. #GoHabsGo

Fuck this :(

We have to play SNES and Flames back to back

Solo

yeah I know... I think there was more to this trade though, he and Galchenyuk were friends and hung out a lot in nightclubs apparently so the team probably tried to split them to get Galchenyuk back on track. DSP was there the night Galchenyuk got reckt by his gf too... Habs have a long history of doing that, and Bergevin did it at least twice just this year (traded Beaulieu's buddy Thomas earlier this year)

AGally's uptick in performance correlates pretty good with DSP's departure too.

zroid

Banned
Well it's a good thing I waited, I guess. I might actually get a 4K TV if I can play 4K games too. Just getting one to watch the occasional NHL or MLB game in 4K wasn't incentive enough (plus the cost of a 4K cable box, it's all just way too much).

This is a good thing in theory, but their output on PS4.0 has been so godawful. Other than for Bloodborne, I regret buying one and should have just waited. Definitely won't upgrade until its necessary.

This year is gonna be a great year though software wise for people of all gaming needs. But indie's have been great on the PS4. Unless you are just talking about first party AAA games.

I feel like this is more in preparation to support PSVR better

imBask

Banned
This is a good thing in theory, but their output on PS4.0 has been so godawful. Other than for Bloodborne, I regret buying one and should have just waited. Definitely won't upgrade until its necessary.

but it's not, PS4 sales are going strong and you're going to alienate the fanbase who supported you...

but it's not, PS4 sales are going strong and you're going to alienate the fanbase who supported you...

Like I said I think this is mainly aimed at the crowd that will be getting the PSVR for the most part. I doubt we see any real effect in sales or games needing to be on the new console any time soon.

I do get your point though. I think this also is a ploy to help prolong this generation.

Yawnier

Banned

I've been using mine as a BF4 machine over the last little while.

If it weren't for that it would prob just be collecting dust.

imBask

Banned
Like I said I think this is mainly aimed at the crowd that will be getting the PSVR for the most part. I doubt we see any real effect in sales or games needing to be on the new console any time soon.

I do get your point though. I think this also is a ploy to help prolong this generation.

that's PROBABLY right, but what if Bloodborne 2 is only available on PS4.5? can you imagine the fucking outrage?

Merguson

Banned
I mean, there IS a place for console gaming and it's fairly important... but not like this.

I agree. I think the main points of console gaming is exclusivity, price and lack of upgrading. I'm not sure what this sort of move for either Sony or Microsoft does for customers? How much profit can they really reap from this?

that's PROBABLY right, but what if Bloodborne 2 is only available on PS4.5? can you imagine the fucking outrage?

Yeah this is where they are gonna have to tread carefully. It's one thing to have competitors to have exclusives but to have console exclusive within the same generation for the same hardware but just an upgraded GPU? that will not go over well.

Also I wonder how much the price increase would be.

Calamari41

41 > 38

I get what you're saying and certainly don't trust Sony, but they would be nuts to go that far. Hopefully this is like an N64 RAM Pak situation more than a New 3DS situation.

Said this in the thread about it on the other side, but I see no problem with an upgraded PS4 and long as they avoid "PS4.5" exclusive games.

The report indicated that they wanted to be able to output games at 4K. If the purpose of the console is to up the resolution and/or performance of PS4 games then that's fine. But releasing games that are exclusive to the updated platform and splitting your audience that way, just doesn't make sense to me, and I think Sony is smart enough to not do that.

Save it for PS5.

Calamari41

41 > 38
New 3ds still has only what? one exclusive game still? or has there been more?

Just the one, but I'm talking principle. And if that hypothetical one PS4.5 exclusive was Bloodborne 2 as imbask suggested, shit would indeed hit the fan.

The correct way to do it is the rumored NX way, where you have the upgraded system come out after a couple/three years but they can both still play all the same games.

Top Bottom