• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

Yawnier

Banned
@HennyTweets

Michalek and Holland day to day, Leo not playing tomorrow either, Laich away today for personal reasons, Marlie call up expected.#TMLtalk

@DaveAMcCarthy

Babcock suggested another call up could be coming due to more injuries / unavailabilities. #Leafs #NHL

Babcock: "Someone else obviously will get an opportunity. Haven't talked to Lou yet...Probably know more after the skate tomorrow." #Leafs

Sounds like there could be a few callups tomorrow. Leipsic and/or Leivo?

I saw someone suggest a Marner emergency callup which is interesting. You don't see emergency callups from the OHL or even CHL very often.

Said this in the thread about it on the other side, but I see no problem with an upgraded PS4 and long as they avoid "PS4.5" exclusive games.

The report indicated that they wanted to be able to output games at 4K. If the purpose of the console is to up the resolution and/or performance of PS4 games then that's fine. But releasing games that are exclusive to the updated platform and splitting your audience that way, just doesn't make sense to me, and I think Sony is smart enough to not do that.

Save it for PS5.

Just the one, but I'm talking principle. And if that hypothetical one PS4.5 exclusive was Bloodborne 2 as imbask suggested, shit would indeed hit the fan.

The correct way to do it is the rumored NX way, where you have the upgraded system come out after a couple/three years but they can both still play all the same games.

I totally agree that if there are exclusive games for PS4.5 then shit would hit the fan. In principle I don't find this choice to upgrade a bad thing unless the exclusive game does happen.

two, xenoblade chronicles and binding of isaac(lol)

Thanks lol I thought it wasn't many

zroid

Banned
Sounds like there could be a few callups tomorrow. Leipsic and/or Leivo?

I saw someone suggest a Marner emergency callup which is interesting. You don't see emergency callups from the OHL or even CHL very often.

loooool

The Leafs and Habs are competing to see who can have more regulars get injured

Montreal has to know they can't beat us in a tank war

Yawnier

Banned
loooool

The Leafs and Habs are competing to see who can have more regulars get injured

Montreal has to know they can't beat us in a tank war

Galchenyuk is helping them drive for 9th anyways. They are the least of my worries.

The Honourable Jets and Oilers both do worry me though tbh.

zroid

Banned
Has to be weird for the other Sebastian Aho who didn't even get drafted last year to see his counterpart dominating

Galchenyuk is helping them drive for 9th anyways. They are the least of my worries.

true they're not actually a concern. it's just strange to see guys continually dropping like flies on both teams.

More Leafs "injuries". More young guys coming up to fill the roles of these "injured" players. Conveniently only for a few games. "Emergency" call-ups.

"Injured".

calder

I was about to say we have no real chance of "catching" the Leafs or Oilers, but I guess before I make that statement I should look at the schedule - we're getting close enough to the end we should be able to at least see if any of the bottom feeders have an especially easy or hard sched.

Really hoping the Jets have a Central road trip, that'll be a few quick regulation losses. :p

I find it kinda disturbing that the leafs have kept quiet about Robidas.

Is he retiring?

It's just very strange he's been out the whole year and no update

I was about to say we have no real chance of "catching" the Leafs or Oilers, but I guess before I make that statement I should look at the schedule - we're getting close enough to the end we should be able to at least see if any of the bottom feeders have an especially easy or hard sched.

Really hoping the Jets have a Central road trip, that'll be a few quick regulation losses. :p

Afraid to say we have no Central road trip. We face the Hawks twice at home and the Wild once more at home for central division teams. In fact, half of our remaining twelve games are against pacific division teams and five of those six games are against the Cali teams.

calder

Code:
Fri, 18 Mar 2016	Blackhawks
Sun, 20 Mar 2016	Ducks
Tue, 22 Mar 2016	Canucks
Thu, 24 Mar 2016	Kings
Sat, 26 Mar 2016	at Sabres
Mon, 28 Mar 2016	at Flyers
Wed, 30 Mar 2016	Senators

Fri, 1 Apr 2016	        Blackhawks
Sun, 3 Apr 2016	        Wild
Tue, 5 Apr 2016	        at Ducks
Thu, 7 Apr 2016	        at Sharks
Sat, 9 Apr 2016      	at Kings

Yikes, that's a rough sched for a crappy team. That west coast roadie to end it will be painful as hell, but as far as tanking goes I don't see a lot of wins in that list. :p

zroid

Banned
Some people think Robidas is on LTIR but that's not the case. LTIR is actually vetted by the league whereas nobody really gives much of a shit who's on regular IR or not. There is no way he'd be allowed on LTIR.

Jagr says he's playing next year. He's going to finish 2nd all time.

Good. I want to see him get to 2000 points too but I think he will need more time than next season

Vandevelde gets 2 game suspension. I thought he was just going to get one but 2 isn't over the top obviously. Stupid play from him. Not like we will miss him really either

Well shit. Mind you, I don't actually play my PS4. Though it is finally going to get some games I want this year.

Daredevil is also pretty good so far but I've only watched the first episode of S2.

Well the point is that you can play all your games and if you choose to upgrade then you have that option. Just prolongs the life of the generation which is a good thing for Sony.

But yeah this year game wise is gonna be fucking great! I just hope Persona 5 actually hits this year.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Well the point is that you can play all your games and if you choose to upgrade then you have that option. Just prolongs the life of the generation which is a good thing for Sony.

But yeah this year game wise is gonna be fucking great! I just hope Persona 5 actually hits this year.

As long as P5 is not near FFXV, I'm good. But yeah, this year is looking good.

As long as P5 is not near FFXV, I'm good. But yeah, this year is looking good.

I don't think it will be. Assuming the rumor about FFXV is right and it comes out September, I really don't think P5 is still hitting this summer so I think very late 2016 for it.

FFXV, TLG, P5, Nier Automata (most likely early 2017), Uncharted 4, Dark Souls 3, a bunch of awesome indies! No Man's Sky! Horizon most likely! A bunch of good stuff.

FFXV though by far takes the cake

FFXV and Persona 5 can fuck right off if they're near Ni No Kuni 2

Doubt it hits this year. It'll be next year most likely. But still hyped as hell

Calamari41

41 > 38

Look at this paid Sony marketer.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
We'll find out soon if it is September 30th for FFXV! But I don't really think P5 will come out near it. Uncharted is another one I want, but I might wait a bit on it. No Man's Sky and Horizon are also on my watch list.

Dark Souls 3 I'll watch on Twitch, lol.

FFXV and Persona 5 can fuck right off if they're near Ni No Kuni 2

Fuck yeah Ni No Kuni 2. Most anticipated JRPG right now for sure. Hell, maybe most anticipated game period.

There was something about the first one, I'm not even sure what but it had this vibe about it that is hard to explain but fuckin excellent.

I'm level 13 in the Division right now on PS4, if anyone wants to play my PSN is erudd.

We'll find out soon if it is September 30th for FFXV! But I don't really think P5 will come out near it. Uncharted is another one I want, but I might wait a bit on it. No Man's Sky and Horizon are also on my watch list.

Dark Souls 3 I'll watch on Twitch, lol.

Yeah the hype for FFXV is 10 years in the making so I can't wait for Uncovered to find out the truth about the release date. But I agree that P5 won't come out near it, I just think they have run into some sort of development issue with it and that is what is taking so long or they are going to try and do a WW release too.

Top Bottom