• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

Cake Boss

Banned
One thing about advanced stats is how some of you motherfuckers just post charts and graphs and nothing else, don't explain the fuck is Cf%Rel Z point TIMEREl + 2 is and what goes into it. I like the stats but fuck explain some shit.

imBask

Banned
turnovers aren't even analytics in the first place

that's just mainstream media trying to sell what they know as analytics so they appear smarter

I guess i'm just really salty about advanced stats because I used to hang out a lot more on HFBoards.

Some fucking people are still defending Sekac's advanced stats with the Habs

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
One thing about advanced stats is how some of you motherfuckers just post charts and graphs and nothing else, don't explain the fuck is Cf%Rel Z point TIMEREl + 2 is and what goes into it. I like the stats but fuck explain some shit.

All that matters is your favourite team/player is in the top right of these charts.

Duchene and MacKinoon are going to miss the next two games and then be reevaluated. Hopefully that's indicative that MacK's ins't that serious. Still sucks both are missing the 4 point game versus Minnesota.

Socreges

Banned
Pretty great to know that know matter how shitty our season has been, we're still not even in the bottom 3 worst Canadian teams.
"Pretty great"

lowered-expectations.jpg

Clinching senario's for today:

The Washington Capitals will clinch the Metropolitan Division title and the No. 1 seed in the Eastern Conference if they defeat the Ottawa Senators in any fashion.

The Dallas Stars will clinch a Stanley Cup Playoff berth if they defeat the Chicago Blackhawks in any fashion OR if they get one point against the Blackhawks AND the Minnesota Wild lose to the Los Angeles Kings in any fashion OR if the Wild lose to the Kings in regulation.

The Anaheim Ducks will clinch a playoff berth if they get at least one point against the Montreal Canadiens OR if the Arizona Coyotes lose to the Edmonton Oilers in any fashion.

The San Jose Sharks will clinch a playoff berth if they defeat the St. Louis Blues in any fashion OR if they get one point against the Blues AND the Coyotes lose to the Oilers in any fashion OR if the Coyotes lose to the Oilers in regulation.

imBask

Banned
such a weird year. Basically only 1 team per conference fighting for a playoff spot, everyone else is tanking

is parity dead?

Clinching senario's for today:

The Washington Capitals will clinch the Metropolitan Division title and the No. 1 seed in the Eastern Conference if they defeat the Ottawa Senators in any fashion.

The Dallas Stars will clinch a Stanley Cup Playoff berth if they defeat the Chicago Blackhawks in any fashion OR if they get one point against the Blackhawks AND the Minnesota Wild lose to the Los Angeles Kings in any fashion OR if the Wild lose to the Kings in regulation.

The Anaheim Ducks will clinch a playoff berth if they get at least one point against the Montreal Canadiens OR if the Arizona Coyotes lose to the Edmonton Oilers in any fashion.

The San Jose Sharks will clinch a playoff berth if they defeat the St. Louis Blues in any fashion OR if they get one point against the Blues AND the Coyotes lose to the Oilers in any fashion OR if the Coyotes lose to the Oilers in regulation.

We can help the Ducks to a playoff spot :)

We got you DucksGAF.

In terms of general acceptance, it was really unfortunate that hockey analytics bubbled to the surface right around when Moneyball became a household term and seemingly every Mr. Serious hockey blogger decided Fenwick was just as useful as fWAR.

Of course, that was a long time ago, and of course, not every - or even a majority - of bloggers were like that. But it only took a few guys overstating the effectiveness of early analytics to sour the hell out of it for lots of people, fans and media alike.

Burrows with the Sedins. One last hurrah.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen
McCann-Vey-Etem
Higgins-Gaunce-Grenier

Hutton-Tanev
Hamhuis-Bartkowski
Pedan-Tryamkin

Markstrom

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Burrows with the Sedins. One last hurrah.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen
McCann-Vey-Etem
Higgins-Gaunce-Grenier

Hutton-Tanev
Hamhuis-Bartkowski
Pedan-Tryamkin

Markstrom

Replace Higgins and Hamhuis and forward lines 2-4 and the entire d corps AND goalie are the future.

Silexx

PTS just did a whole segment talking about the Sens with Wayne Scanlan. I only caught half of it but the main takeaway seems that Cameron is most likely gone and Melnyk could be prepared to let the entire front office go and put Alfredsson as the new GM.

Cake Boss

Banned
PTS just did a whole segment talking about the Sens with Wayne Scanlan. I only caught half of it but the main takeaway seems that Cameron is most likely gone and Melnyk could be prepared to let the entire front office go and put Alfredsson as the new GM.

This gets me so harddddddddd 🍌🍌🍌

zroid

Banned

That's kinda throwing Alfredsson into the fire...

Quick

Banned

Alfredsson as GM? Isn't he still just an advisor or something like that?

Seems like a massive jump from advisor to GM, but I guess if the entire front office is getting cleared out and he's sticking around, it could be a matter of seniority that the position is open for him.

Yawnier

Banned

So is Luke Richardson gonna be the next snes coach?

What are snes fan opinions on him?

Cake Boss

Banned
I just can never see Traittersson as the GM as quickly as now. The best scenario is for him to be the president of hockey operations, he hires Julien Brisbois as GM and then Crawford as a coach.

Silexx

So is Luke Richardson gonna be the next snes coach?

What are snes fan opinions on him?

Past trends would point to 'yes' since this organization seem to likely to hire from within. But if management is let go and Melnyk decides to go look outside then who knows.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Edmonton, Toronto, and Ottawa?
Leaning more towards Vancouver, Edmonton and Ottawa.

Toronto is at least playing better, they just have a scrub line up.

I really don't see Vancouver being more than mediocre for a long time.

Ottawa is hilarious because 90% of their problems are their owner hamstringing them.

Silexx

I just can never see Traittersson as the GM as quickly as now. The best scenario is for him to be the president of hockey operations, he hires Julien Brisbois as GM and then Crawford as a coach.

Yeah, I would think even Alfie would admit that he's still learning the ropes and that the time is not quite now.... and yet when he had the opportunity to say so, he went another way.

I have to think that Cameron is most likely gone at the end of the season, but something tells me that Murray may still be in the driver's seat as to his future. That's just me, though.

Melnyk is apparently going to be on PTS at 6pm and then on TSN at 7pm during the Sens pre-game show, so we may get some clarifications soon enough.

Cake Boss

Banned
One thing that's true is that we are a fucking gongshow of an organisation tho. You don't hear any other owner in pro sports throwing a tirade 10 games before the season is even done. No other team throws its dirty laundry onto the public as much as we do, it all comes from the owner and the GM.

The day that they are gone can't come soon enough.

Top Bottom