• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

zroid

Banned
He said he doesn't think Alfredsson wants to be GM, plan is for him to keep doing what he's doing for another couple years

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Leaning more towards Vancouver, Edmonton and Ottawa.

Toronto is at least playing better, they just have a scrub line up.

I really don't see Vancouver being more than mediocre for a long time.

Ottawa is hilarious because 90% of their problems are their owner hamstringing them.

To be fair, we've had what, 10 years of making the playoffs? Just couldnt win it all despite coming close. I'm okay with a ~4 season rebuild (this being the second season of sucking). Get 3 more drafts like last draft where we finish in the bottom 5 and we'll be fine.

So....... That Batman Vs Superman Review Thread...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1199712

My worst fear has came true.

Un4g91A.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Every big movie release is the same, early twitter reviews that are through the roof positive and then reality hits and everyone comes back down to earth.

To be fair, we've had what, 10 years of making the playoffs? Just couldnt win it all despite coming close. I'm okay with a ~4 season rebuild (this being the second season of sucking). Get 3 more drafts like last draft where we finish in the bottom 5 and we'll be fine.
True, it's not like you've been shit for 10 years, but the Canucks prospect pool is thin and it will take a while to get all the pieces again to be a contender, especially if they refuse to let go of the Sedins and management continues doing what they've done. Edmonton thought all they had to do was bottom out for 4 years too.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
DC trying to do in one movie what Marvel did in 5 years and 5 movies was always a horrible idea.

Yawnier

Banned
I liked 300 when it first came out. I don't know what I would make of it now though

I never saw Watchmen. I didn't want it to taint the graphic novel for me lol.

I liked 300 when it first came out. I don't know what I would make of it now though

I never saw Watchmen. I didn't want it to taint the graphic novel for me lol.

He technically did a good job of it, I even think his ending makes more sense. It still seems like it was less than the sum of its parts to me though.

I was getting really excited for a proper DC cinematic universe.

I wonder if BVS will change their plans for the future. Hard to build on top of a disappointing foundation.

Basically I wonder if the DC cinematic universe will turn into the Phaneuf/Kessel era Leafs.

Thing with MoS for me was it bungled the core of Supes' motivation. He was good because of his upbringing and dawned the suit for good of his volition. In MoS that choice is because holo-Crowe said "be good." Yeah the core of Superman is hokey American exceptionalism but his choice to be on the side of good is what makes him.

Canucks are definitely far from a contender. They have some good prospects but none project to be a superstar. Their strongest position is in goal, but lack a No. 1 defenceman and a top line.

Thing with MoS for me was it bungled the core of Supes' motivation. He was good because of his upbringing and dawned the suit for good of his volition. In MoS that choice is because holo-Crowe said "be good." Yeah the core of Superman is hokey American exceptionalism but his choice to be on the side of good is what makes him.

The best part of MoS was Kevin Costner.

And he goes out like a chump.

Top Bottom