• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

zroid

Banned
Honestly I don't thnk the Avs D is that bad. Barrie and Johnson are a solid top 2. When you have your top 2 figured out, the rest is pretty easy to fill in with prospects or free agents.

IMO the biggest problem for the Avs is Roy

Barrie is a defensive liability almost every night dude

Johnson is great, but he's no #1

Barrie just needs someone better than Holden to play with. Beauchemin would have been fine with Barrie, while Johnson needs someone better. Bigras and Zadorov are both promising. :lol Siemens...

zroid

Banned
Barrie is a defensive liability almost every night dude

Johnson is great, but he's no #1

Barrie is like Karlsson/Subban lite. They don't always make the best decisions in the D zone, but it doesn't matter because they're so good at keeping the game moving in the right direction. If Roy were coaching a better system, and made better personnel decisions, I guarantee you Barrie would prove to be a legit #1.

Barrie just needs someone better than Holden to play with. Beauchemin would have been fine with Barrie, while Johnson needs someone better. Bigras and Zadorov are both promising. :lol Siemens...

Barrie needs a partner to clean his messes up. Don't get me wrong, I love Barrie a ton but his play in our zone is suspect almost every night.
Barrie is like Karlsson/Subban lite. They don't always make the best decisions in the D zone, but it doesn't matter because they're so good at keeping the game moving in the right direction. If Roy were coaching a better system, and made better personnel decisions, I guarantee you Barrie would prove to be a legit #1.

Like I'm not going to argue with you about Roy, he needs to fire himself into oblivion. A new system would benefit the whole fucking team so yeah, Barrie would improve under someone who knew how to use him.

Minnesota is going to be swept by Chicago.

I might even pay to watch since I'll be in Chicago around that time.

At least they'll get playoff experience. Avs are in desperate need for that. They should be getting swept at this stage, they might not have postseason success, but they should be in the post season.

Oddly enough I feel free now. I don't have to watch the rest of the season. This shit team has no more power over me.

This is how I felt after the Philly game, it's not even fun to watch when they win and you know they don't deserve it.

Halo 5 can take up Avs time for now.

Foggy

nmddHz3h.jpg

XOXO AvsGAF

Silexx

At the Sens game tonight. A friend of mine gave 100 level tickets behind the Anaheim net at the last minute because he couldn't go.

Edit: Correction. I'm behind the Ottawa net.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Kreider-Brassard-Nash
Miller-Stepan-Zuccarello
E.Staal-Hayes-Fast
Glass-Moore-Stalberg

McDonagh-Klein
Yandle-Girardi
M.Staal-Boyle

Raanta

Top Bottom