• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

imBask

Banned
I've been avoiding SFV ranked because of all the issues. Put some time in tonight and now I'm 14-3. Gotta get out of the mines. Nash vtrigger into raw critical art? Come on son.

I hate ranked so much... should be 2 out of 3 or something, single matches just promote cheap tactics and it's boring

they sorta kinda did a decent job with the lobby system... it's better than SFIV at least.

Also, the FGC is trash, so if you're not at 0pp people will often kick you out of their lobby and judge you based on your ranking, which is incredibly dumb considering it probably just means you didn't grind it out for weeks

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
If the playoffs started today:

Red Wings @ Lightning
Bruins @ Panthers
Penguins @ Capitals
Islanders @ Rangers

Wild @ Blackhawks
Blues @ Stars
Predators @ Kings
Sharks @ Ducks

If the playoffs started today:

Red Wings @ Lightning
Bruins @ Panthers
Penguins @ Capitals
Islanders @ Rangers

Wild @ Blackhawks

Blues @ Stars
Predators @ Kings
Sharks @ Ducks

michael-scott-no.gif

imBask

Banned
Does that mean we will go to the Stanley Cup final,Lose and Trash Montreal?

it means we'll end up spending all our money on Price, Pacioretty and Galchenyuk and stay stuck in a losing cycle forever

I'm Price #1 fan but I don't really believe he can win a cup by himself, this era is over... Galchenyuk is doing fine, but he's going to cost us a lot, so will Pacioretty and I don't think he's the captain we need

I feel like we're heading straight into cap hell and Bergevin won't do anything about it

it means we'll end up spending all our money on Price, Pacioretty and Galchenyuk and stay stuck in a losing cycle forever

I'm Price #1 fan but I don't really believe he can win a cup by himself, this era is over... Galchenyuk is doing fine, but he's going to cost us a lot, so will Pacioretty and I don't think he's the captain we need

I feel like we're heading straight into cap hell and Bergevin won't do anything about it

I think we have it better than some Teams. We gotta stop being negative. We're not in the Dark Ages anymore where Saku Koivu was Captain and we drafted nothing but shit. I think what needs to happen next year is bring in the rookies.Let Carr and Andrighetto stay up. I think McCarron needs one more year then bring him up. If Lehkonen is coming to North America I want him on the roster next year.

IF Drouin comes to Montreal then he needs to prove himself that he belongs on the top six otherwise Therrien (hopefully not him) will drop him in the St Johns.

imBask

Banned
I think we have it better than some Teams. We gotta stop being negative. We're not in the Dark Ages anymore where Saku Koivu was Captain and we drafted nothing but shit. I think what needs to happen next year is bring in the rookies.Let Carr and Andrighetto stay up. I think McCarron needs one more year then bring him up. If Lehkonen is coming to North America I want him on the roster next year.

IF Drouin comes to Montreal then he needs to prove himself that he belongs on the top six otherwise Therrien (hopefully not him) will drop him in the St Johns.

the problem is the timeframe, our contracts are good NOW, if we wait for all those rookies to make the team, we'll fall in the contract trap that's what i'm trying to say. We won't be able to afford Price, Subban, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk and Gallagher AND a top 6 winger AND a #1 center in 4-5 years. We're fucking up our cup window and it's frustrating to watch, can't afford a season like this year

and yeah I know, I thank Lord Stanley everyday that the Koivu era is over

Dog owners here, my dog has ringworm on her front leg. My vet said to just use some OTC Lamisil and make sure she doesn't lick it right away. Anyone else use that before on pets? Or should I see another vet?

Also I'm running my place like a damn quarantine zone now, vacuuming every day and cleaning her bedding constantly. Not fun :/

imBask

Banned
Only if it's a Game 7 home loss. Don't be like Vancouver. Be like Calgary and Edmonton who took Game 7 losses with class.

;P

honestly, I still remember 2008 and 2010 and you could tell the day before that there would be a riot no matter what happened... It's often just political tension/bottled up anger, and it's usually not the hockey fans who are responsible for most of the damage

zroid

Banned
omg no Craig Button or Dave Poulin on Leafs Lunch for once

LeBrun is the co-host!

edit: fuck never mind, Poulin is still there... 😭😭😭

So this new Kendrick Lamar...I haven't listened to the whole thing, but the studio version of 'Untitled 2', which I guess is now 'Untitled 8' probably surpasses 'Naive Melody' as the most disappointing live to studio transitions I've ever heard.

Line_HTX

honestly, I still remember 2008 and 2010 and you could tell the day before that there would be a riot no matter what happened... It's often just political tension/bottled up anger, and it's usually not the hockey fans who are responsible for most of the damage

Yeah, I know. It snowballed pretty badly by opportunists and dragged the hockey fans with them. I wasn't aware that it was forseen beforehand and it just coincided with Game 7.

Why is Poulin on Leafs lunch anyway? A guy who was a key member of an utterly disastrous Leafs front office, and now he's supplying us with #hottakes 5 days a week. It's Rogers-level stupidity.

I suppose it could be worse. They could have hired Claude 'The Capologist' Loiselle.

zroid

Banned
Why is Poulin on Leafs lunch anyway? A guy who was a key member of an utterly disastrous Leafs front office, and now he's supplying us with #hottakes 5 days a week. It's Rogers-level stupidity.

I suppose it could be worse. They could have hired Claude 'The Capologist' Loiselle.
it's indicative of the ignorance of the Leafs fan base that they aren't all losing their shit at TSN imo

Pikma

Banned
Dog owners here, my dog has ringworm on her front leg. My vet said to just use some OTC Lamisil and make sure she doesn't lick it right away. Anyone else use that before on pets? Or should I see another vet?

Also I'm running my place like a damn quarantine zone now, vacuuming every day and cleaning her bedding constantly. Not fun :/
Yeah, lamisil is usually part of the treatment. If you're too worried about her licking it you could always have her wear a cone.

Merguson

Banned
I thought everyone just listens to podcasts instead of radio now.

If TSN could operate podcasts properly, I might listen more.

EDIT: For example, there's two Leafs Lunch podcasts. There's no rhyme or reason as to which one gets updated. One seemed to be updating until March 1st. Then the one podcast that hasn't had any new episodes since February 18th starts getting the March episodes.

How hard is this shit? If Sportsnet can handle it, surely TSN can handle it.

Top Bottom