• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Henrik Lundqvist, Marc Staal, and Dylan McIlrath are all considered day to day, and all are out of tomorrow's game in Buffalo and will stay behind in NY.

The means the Rangers only have 5 defensemen currently, so there will be a call up from Hartford.

Gallagher will be out tomorrow and Galchenyuk and Eller are game decisions

Like holy shit everyone is going down. Might as well let the rookies play.

Call up Hudon and Holloway

imBask

Banned
Per George Laraque :
"L'association des joueurs a été informé que la ville de Québec est exclue quant à l'expansion dans la LNH"

translation :

the NHLPA has been informed that Quebec City won't be part of the NHL expansion

get
fucked
quebec

That one win against the Sharks in regulation really changed things for the worse.

Too bad that Edmonton-Winnipeg game didn't go to overtime.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Both Gallys and Eller out.

Nothing stops this tank.

Shame about AGally, he's killing it right now.

Per George Laraque :
"L'association des joueurs a été informé que la ville de Québec est exclue quant à l'expansion dans la LNH"

translation :

get
fucked
quebec

Nordqiues NOOOOOOOOOOOO

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Per George Laraque :

translation :

get
fucked
quebec

There's still relocation, considering the supposed rumors being the Hurricanes.

Still believe Seattle, Hamilton/Toronto, Milwaukee and at least two other cities plus Vegas for expansion to try to replicate 1967.

imBask

Banned
There's still relocation, considering the supposed rumors being the Hurricanes.

Still believe Seattle, Hamilton/Toronto, Milwaukee and at least two other cities plus Vegas for expansion to try to replicate 1967.

you think we'll get to 34 teams?! that's insane man, they need to move a couple of them before doing that...

http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance

i'm sure the bottom 5 would do better in some of the cities you named... even maybe Quebec (at least for a year or two)

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Per George Laraque :

translation :

get
fucked
quebec

Boooo

And I don't think they should expand tbh. Relocate some teams yes but no new ones.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The league's response to the Quebec reports:

LepUIYe.png

If I know the NHL, that translates out to something along the lines of "fuck off, Quebec."

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
you think we'll get to 34 teams?! that's insane man, they need to move a couple of them before doing that...

http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance

i'm sure the bottom 5 would do better in some of the cities you named... even maybe Quebec (at least for a year or two)

Well, it's not like the league gives a shit. Bettman always came off as a guy that likes to wag his dick around, so I'm pretty sure he would push for it if given the chance.

Marvie_3

Banned
I assumed awhile ago that theyd move the yotes to vegas and hold off on expansion until Seattle gets their shit figured out. Then bring in Sea/QC in expansion and bump one of Det/Cbus to the west to even the conferences out.

If the Canes end up moving, Milwaukee or Houston would be good.

Chris R

I assumed awhile ago that theyd move the yotes to vegas and hold off on expansion until Seattle gets their shit figured out. Then bring in Sea/QC in expansion and bump one of Det/Cbus to the west to even the conferences out.

Phoenix should have a new Arena deal done shortly, and because it's on the right side of town attendance should be way up.

Add Vegas and Seattle and call it good until one of the teams in the east starts to fail and then move them to QC.

imBask

Banned

Milwaukeeeeeeee? ooooh mmmyyyy goooooood

redlettermedia-short-o.gif

Marvie_3

Banned
Phoenix should have a new Arena deal done shortly, and because it's on the right side of town attendance should be way up.

Add Vegas and Seattle and call it good until one of the teams in the east starts to fail and then move them to QC.
Shoooouuuuld. Theyve had a lot of things that should happen. None of them did.
Milwaukeeeeeeee? ooooh mmmyyyy goooooood

redlettermedia-short-o.gif
*yawn*

zroid

Banned

Det plz

Quick

Banned
if they don't expand they need to fix the conferences ASAP, 16 vs 14 is incredibly stupid

This.

Going by geography to align conferences at this point is terrible, since Detroit and Columbus really are the most western of the East Conference teams, and easiest to shift back to the Western Conference.

Even with expansion talks, expanding to QC makes no sense if they want to balance the conferences again.

The best possible outcomes are either two expansion teams to the west. Or a relocation of an eastern team to the west (Hurricanes?) and any one of the eastern teams going to the west (Detroit or Columbus).

Or scrap geographic conferences and go with a conference system like the MLB and NFL.

Top Bottom