• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

Quick

Banned
Will Ny!

tumblr_n7y4oh8Ab21qib4uqo1_500.jpg

The Yzerplans?

Solo

AGally should hit 25G this season, and has an outside chance at 30 if his hotness of the past 6 games continues, but 25 seems much more likely.

He should be able to score 30 regularly next season onward. It's been a black hole of a season, but AGally's progression has been the one great success story. Hope he cracks 25 goals and crosses 50 points.

AGally should hit 25G this season, and has an outside chance at 30 if his hotness of the past 6 games continues, but 25 seems much more likely.

He should be able to score 30 regularly next season onward. It's been a black hole of a season, but AGally's progression has been the one great success story. Hope he cracks 25 goals and crosses 50 points.

AGally has more assists, but it looks like he and Charlie Coyle are just about in the same boat in goals. Coyle's two years older though.

For the Wild, a lot of the younger guys have either stagnated or stepped back, but Coyle has really stepped up and it's fantastic to see.

Solo

It is nice to see when a young guy progresses. And I feel like AGally's numbers are skewed by crappy utilization, and that under different circumstances he'd have much higher numbers. He's on pace for 26/25/51, which is pretty good, but he spent a large chunk of the season playing his worst position (LW) and playing 12 minutes a game. It's only been the past month that he's played RW and C and had his minutes increased to 15-17 a game, and voila, he's producing. I see no reason why he wouldn't have put up 60-65 points instead of 50 if his utilization of the past month were the same all season. Anyways, this season doesn't really matter, but the past month has been a great one for AGally's development and hopefully the team's future.

I've loosened up on my "he has to play centre" mantra - if he turns out to be a better and more deadly and productive right winger, that's great too. He just needs to play wherever he'll keep producing.

zroid

Banned
Q: We didn’t see any changes at Sportsnet in staffing or general approach to hockey coverage after Year 1. With the prospect of another ratings disaster on their hands, do you expect changes after Year 2?

DS: This is a tough one. I’m inclined to say there will not be any major changes even though some contracts, like Don Cherry’s, will be up at the end of the season. Rogers has always been the company that likes to shuffle its lineup but I think there are enough excuses for the poor ratings – poor seasons by the Maple Leafs and the disaster of having probably no Canadian teams in the playoffs – that Rogers may hold off on anything major. However, I do think you will see at least some of the lesser on-air faces change.

This is just speculation here, but honestly wtf

DO SOMETHING

They should keep Elliotte Friedman, Mike Johnson, and Jeff Marek.

But other than those three everyone else can go

Can SN take Roenick and Millbury?

Oh damn! Fable Legends cancelled! I think this is the first time this gen I can think of a game announced at an E3 presser to be cancelled. So 2013 on. I am sure there is another one but I can't think of another.

imBask

Banned
Kings fan bloodthirstiness is a caricature, not a bellwether.

honestly, i'd love to see a study on the matter. I've been called out for being against fighting in hockey more often than not, usually with the "lol ur a pussy" attitude too

i'd be willing to bet a copy of bad rats that at least 50% of hockey fans in the US only watch for big hits and fight still to this day

Calamari41

41 > 38
honestly, i'd love to see a study on the matter. I've been called out for being against fighting in hockey more often than not, usually with the "lol ur a pussy" attitude too

i'd be willing to bet a copy of bad rats that at least 50% of hockey fans in the US only watch for big hits and fight still to this day

Would definitely be interesting to see. I'm talking more about rooting for injuries than watching for big hits and fights, though. That's the Kings fan domain. I would agree with your 50%+ guess in terms of the big hits and fights.

presumably, but too little too late, as a business you can't ride that wave forever

I would have preferred a Fable IV, hopefully we get one from another studio, but that seems unlikely right now. It would probably lack the charm too, even when the game was mediocre in Fable III the charm was still there.

Fable II was one of my favorite games of the last generation, III was almost there, but they made the combat worse and there was no proper reward for exploring larger regions, the road to rule sucked as did the weapon transformation system. But the regions were really atmospheric and Traitor's Keep was a legitimately good and cheap DLC.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I'm hoping they don't bail on State of Decay. I really want a co-op version of that game. hope we see something at E3

Top Bottom