• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

All I expect is that if you're going to rally against players on another team as much as you do against us that either the Wild play squeaky fucking clean or you understand that shit like the bad blood between these teams is give and take.

Well obviously it's give and take. The Wild aren't squeaky clean, but they're hardly the most goonish team in the league either.

My issues with the Avalanche are mainly twofold: I dislike Iginla and I dislike Landeskog

Beyond that I don't really care. MacKinnon and Duchene are fun to watch. Barrie is fun to watch. Varlamov seems to be an iffy guy off the ice, but beyond that the rest of the team is hit or miss.

Plus the Avalanche is the closest thing the Wild has to a real rivalry. I'd say the Blackhawks, but they just kick our ass every time so that doesn't count.

zroid

Banned
Can the Wild please get their shit together and face the Avs in the playoffs? We need something to make up for not having another Canucks-Flames matchup.
only way this could happen is in the WCF (and the Preds would have to do an 18 wheeler) :(

maybe next year

Has anyone here used Kodi? To people that do: What is it and What does it do because I know some people watch NHL/MLB games from it.

I guess the way it seems to me is a nice interface for a stream aggregator. I haven't used it too much but whenever you search something it comes up with a bunch of different links. You have to install different modules(? I forget the right term) in order to search certain sports.

Brooks Laich on Nylander

CcfqlS-WAAES2GI.jpg

Well obviously it's give and take. The Wild aren't squeaky clean, but they're hardly the most goonish team in the league either.

My issues with the Avalanche are mainly twofold: I dislike Iginla and I dislike Landeskog

Beyond that I don't really care. MacKinnon and Duchene are fun to watch. Barrie is fun to watch. Varlamov seems to be an iffy guy off the ice, but beyond that the rest of the team is hit or miss.

Plus the Avalanche is the closest thing the Wild has to a real rivalry. I'd say the Blackhawks, but they just kick our ass every time so that doesn't count.

Most of my irritation at WildGAF is aimed at a certain someone else. I don't really understand Landeskog's approach to being a captain when literally anything but taking a penalty would be more helpful. But that said, he's about the only hard edge this team has outside of McLeod and fuck knows he can't do anything but fight. It's hard to get too pissed at him when the rest of the team just lays there and takes it.

Has anyone here used Kodi? To people that do: What is it and What does it do because I know some people watch NHL/MLB games from it.

I have it installed on my Nexus Player (also available on almost everything else) and it's basically software that aggregates streaming sites so you can get movies, shows, etc. plus viewing files form your network server. There are add-ons for specific needs like sports (SportsDevil) so you can watch some hockey.

I actually haven't used it in a long time because most of the links don't work and you have to search through them tediously.

The NHL Streams thread on Reddit is all I need. A lot of the games are just private YouTube streams that work really well.
https://www.reddit.com/r/NHLStreams

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
correct me if im wrong... but aren't you only able to buy out 1 player per year unless you have arbitration?

Vman

Most of my irritation at WildGAF is aimed at a certain someone else. I don't really understand Landeskog's approach to being a captain when literally anything but taking a penalty would be more helpful. But that said, he's about the only hard edge this team has outside of McLeod and fuck knows he can't do anything but fight. It's hard to get too pissed at him when the rest of the team just lays there and takes it.

Oh shit, what did i do?

Vman

You will not kill me with kindness sir.

Haha well I can try. Honestly though I don't have a strong desire to carry on in depth conversations on message boards so I usually fly by post with inflammatory opinions. Which I can see how it would get upsetting to some. Which is also why I rarely post anymore. Also i presume I defended Cooke is 14 that made you upset? I was probs just goading you on. I didnt mean it. It was dirty. changed the series. you probs would have won if not for that hit.

Haha well I can try. Honestly though I don't have a strong desire to carry on in depth conversations on message boards so I usually fly by post with inflammatory opinions. Which I can see how it would get upsetting to some. Which is also why I rarely post anymore. Also i presume I defended Cooke is 14 that made you upset? I was probs just goading you on. I didnt mean it. It was dirty. changed the series. you probs would have won if not for that hit.
zTpFKIS.gif

LevelNth

Banned
Out of curiosity I just made a rough estimate of what the Leafs cap hit next season would look like, assuming they don't trade, sign, or buy out anyone (except Cowen), and replaced all their UFAs with players on ELCs. (I guessed at the cap hit of their RFAs based on production / current salary / comparables).

Should be around $67M (that includes Horton's $5.3M).

The cap ceiling is $71.4M this year, and it's probably going to be about the same next year assuming the players use the escalator.

That gives them, at most, ~$11M for UFAs aka Stamkos

If they want more cap space next year they're going to have to find a way to trade Greening ($2.65M) or Bozak ($4.2M), or perhaps buy out Laich ($4.5M, with buyout cap hit $1.83M next year)
This doesn't seem right, did you also LTIR Robidas?

Using the GM tool on CapFriendly I can get to a 21 man roster with $10.5m to Stamkos and $4.5m to Rielly with $2m left and without touching the LTIR room for either Robidas or Horton. Basically we'd still have ~$10m in space after that for Kadri and others if we wanted.

Then we'd have ~$18m coming off for Greening, Michalek, Laich, Bernier and Hunwick at season's end. Leafs cap situation is incredible right now.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Moved into my new place just now. All I have is a mattress. That's a start at least.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
YESSSSSS OILERS

scored with .3 seconds left

edit: oh fuck off

these offside call backs have to stop lol

Top Bottom